Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 769
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

That’s awesome! Bet that felt great. Pop any blood vessels?

My shoulder is starting to fire better already. Been doing dedicated shoulder stuff daily and it’s paying off. I like the steel clubs a lot. Can’t wait for the shoulderok, should be here by Friday.

I was in the garage feeding the dogs and decided to just see how bench felt. First rep was very much improved and the lag started to compound as I did more reps. But it was much better. So it’s either the shoulder work or the 200mg of t I put straight where it wasn’t firing...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grady:
First PR in a looooong time tonight. Finally hit 535x3 on deadlift, which I missed for the past two weeks.

Last rep was ugly as sin, but I locked it out…barely.

That’s awesome! Bet that felt great. Pop any blood vessels?

My shoulder is starting to fire better already. Been doing dedicated shoulder stuff daily and it’s paying off. I like the steel clubs a lot. Can’t wait for the shoulderok, should be here by Friday.

I was in the garage feeding the dogs and decided to just see how bench felt. First rep was very much improved and the lag started to compound as I did more reps. But it was much better. So it’s either the shoulder work or the 200mg of t I put straight where it wasn’t firing...

I bet if you went out there everyday and just did a couple sets with one plate just for the stretch it would help.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:48:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Broke thread

Deadlift tonight. I think I'm going to rep it out with 455. Then another part of me want to do another week with rack pulls and go for 6 plates.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 11:45:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#4]
I was really thinking 10

Then got 495 for a double
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 4:46:18 AM EDT
[#5]
First PR in a looooong time tonight. Finally hit 535x3 on deadlift, which I missed for the past two weeks.

Last rep was ugly as sin, but I locked it out…barely.
View Quote

Hell yeah man.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 7:55:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
I was really thinking 10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeWrvZEwwlA

Then got 495 for a double https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZisuS9e5BAM
View Quote

Damn good pulls.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I was really thinking 10

View Quote

I don’t think I could go up in weight after burning out on reps at a lower weight. I did the opposite yesterday - two triples at 455 after the top set. Still sucked.

Link Posted: 4/28/2022 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#8]

I don’t think I could go up in weight after burning out on reps at a lower weight. I did the opposite yesterday - two triples at 455 after the top set. Still sucked.

View All Quotes
I was really thinking 10

I'm trying to add volume without burning my cns out. In my head 495x2 is easy because I can easily pull it x3.

I did a set of 30 DB rows with 100lbs dbs too which felt good. I haven't done DB rows in a while.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 9:00:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#9]
I actually wormed out today. Benched 225. Damn I'm weak.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
I actually wormed out today. Benched 225. Damn I'm weak.  
View Quote

Just one rep?
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GUNGUY148:

Just one rep?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Yes.
View All Quotes

Just one rep?

Yes.

You gotta get back on it before you shrivel up
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Last couple weeks I've felt my bench form has been off. My bench has never been great. My all time pr was 365 back 15 years ago. I'd be happy for now with 3 plates.

Last couple weeks I've gotten 295 for 3 but they felt unstable.

Today I had no intention to go over 275. I just wanted more volume. I did 135 for 2 sets of 10. 225x10, 245x10. Then 275 for 4, 3,3.

Then incline DB then some crossovers.

Feeling pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 9:08:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Got my Viking Press setup finally. I don't know why but ever since I did one at a strongman comp I have wanted one and now I have one.

Attachment Attached File

Only 200#, but a 5X5 of that and my lats feel ::fire:: today. Looking forward to working these into the rotation.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By therex:
Got my Viking Press setup finally. I don't know why but ever since I did one at a strongman comp I have wanted one and now I have one.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/223482/PXL_20220428_212655906_TS_exported_7750_-2365782.JPG

Only 200#, but a 5X5 of that and my lats feel ::fire:: today. Looking forward to working these into the rotation.
View Quote

That's awesome.

Shoulderok came in. Played with it for a few minutes between meetings. It's funny how just a little weight out at the end makes a pretty significant difference. I am really happy I went that route rather than getting a bunch of steel maces as I progress.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#16]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/223482/PXL_20220428_212655906_TS_exported_7750_-2365782.JPG

View Quote

Do you feel it's significantly different than OHP?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Yes.
View All Quotes

Just one rep?

Yes.

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I do, although I admit the difference is subtle:

1: Reps. It's a lot more taxing to "bring down" heavy OHP's, but not for any good reason. You slip a little on the grip coming back down, maybe you're a little fatigued and the bar crashes into your collarbone...it sucks. Here I feel like I can do many more reps at the same weight, but not have any pain from catching on the down.
2: Since the bar travel is fixed, I am a lot more confident in FUCKIN' SEND IT on the push. I don't have to control the bar path, I just need to explode up and finish well.
3: It's a lot harder to subconsciously cheat by power jerking. I find in an OHP the temptation to catch is a lot more prevalent because I want CONTROL of that bar. With the fixed arc of the viking press, I can just grind that shit out without having to worry about the weight controlling ME.

Does that make sense?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Shoulderok came in. Played with it for a few minutes between meetings. It's funny how just a little weight out at the end makes a pretty significant difference. I am really happy I went that route rather than getting a bunch of steel maces as I progress.
View Quote

I used to just warm up with the 'Rok before like, bench, but I do it as part of my warmup now whenever the weather permits. (Gotta do it outside, ceilings aren't high enough inside to swing)

But I feel like for deads and stones and even squats getting that shoulder girdle and upper back all nice and warm just makes the rest of the session a little better.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#20]

I used to just warm up with the 'Rok before like, bench, but I do it as part of my warmup now whenever the weather permits. (Gotta do it outside, ceilings aren't high enough inside to swing)

But I feel like for deads and stones and even squats getting that shoulder girdle and upper back all nice and warm just makes the rest of the session a little better.
View All Quotes

I need to warm up more. Some weeks my shoulder or elbow says no back squat for you. So I do front squats.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#21]

I need to warm up more. Some weeks my shoulder or elbow says no back squat for you. So I do front squats.
View All Quotes

My knees have made it quite clear that front squats shall never be in the rotation.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#22]

You gotta get back on it before you shrivel up
View Quote

My pecs are so sore.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Neat.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I was really thinking 10

View Quote

Nice! I'll get there one day.  I did something to my ankle this week, so I skipped deadlifts today. .  It was deload week anyways.  Hoping to be good for next week.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I missed PR on OHP but was able to hit PRs on the other 3 this week.
OHP 133.5lbs for 4
Deadlift 336.5lbs for 6
Bench 170lbs for 11
Squat 308lbs for 7
According to the app that makes my estimated one rep maxes
OHP 151lbs
Deadlift 404lbs
Bench 232lbs
Squat 380lbs
and makes my estimated powerlifting total 1016lbs. Not too bad for just under a year of lifting and having a few injuries. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten one more on squat but I didn't want to risk blowing my knee.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#26]

1: Reps. It's a lot more taxing to "bring down" heavy OHP's, but not for any good reason. You slip a little on the grip coming back down, maybe you're a little fatigued and the bar crashes into your collarbone...it sucks. Here I feel like I can do many more reps at the same weight, but not have any pain from catching on the down.
2: Since the bar travel is fixed, I am a lot more confident in FUCKIN' SEND IT on the push. I don't have to control the bar path, I just need to explode up and finish well.
3: It's a lot harder to subconsciously cheat by power jerking. I find in an OHP the temptation to catch is a lot more prevalent because I want CONTROL of that bar. With the fixed arc of the viking press, I can just grind that shit out without having to worry about the weight controlling ME.

Does that make sense?
View All Quotes

Does that make sense?

It does, I'll be interested in a follow-up after a month or so too. I lag terribly behind in OHP and anytime I push real hard I end up feeling beat up I'm my shoulders. Not a muscular pump but joints are achy.
Something like that may work well for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:24:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GUNGUY148] [#27]

View Quote

I totally get that, after stretching I do 10 reps at 45 and 95 to get loosened up. Sometimes it takes a couple more sets before I feel like i don't look silly AF.  

10 years ago that was a non issue.

ETA: been thinking about a safety squat bar, I know the weights will be less but that isn't as important to me as it used to be.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MAbowhunter:
OHP 133.5lbs for 4
Deadlift 336.5lbs for 6
Bench 170lbs for 11
Squat 308lbs for 7
OHP 151lbs
Deadlift 404lbs
Bench 232lbs
Squat 380lbs
and makes my estimated powerlifting total 1016lbs. Not too bad for just under a year of lifting and having a few injuries. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten one more on squat but I didn't want to risk blowing my knee.
View Quote

Solid numbers man, they'll just go up too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:02:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By MAbowhunter:
OHP 133.5lbs for 4
Deadlift 336.5lbs for 6
Bench 170lbs for 11
Squat 308lbs for 7
OHP 151lbs
Deadlift 404lbs
Bench 232lbs
Squat 380lbs
View Quote

Are you doing low bar or high bar squats? If you’re worried about your knees, low bar helps a lot. My knees suck. Low bar made them better.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 4:23:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Are you doing low bar or high bar squats? If you’re worried about your knees, low bar helps a lot. My knees suck. Low bar made them better.
View Quote

Low bar, I managed to injur both knees in the last few months. It's very annoying, I can't squat or deadlift without sleeves and even with the sleeves they aren't super happy about it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 4:36:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#31]
8 mile run in armor today.

Hopefully I won't have any codes I need to run to tonight.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I just now realized my Uncharted is Lame thread was in this sub.

Now it all makes sense why nobody agreed with me.

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#33]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/IMG_20220430_104957_jpg-2367516.JPG
View Quote

Dude, you're making me feel like a bitch
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
I just now realized my Uncharted is Lame thread was in this sub.

Now it all makes sense why nobody agreed with me.

View Quote

That'll happen
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Yesterday was legs and lower back, today was digging sticky clay with a shovel and pick.

I didn't think that through very well
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/IMG_20220430_104957_jpg-2367516.JPG

Lol. I gotta say I feel great today. I haven't run in armor for a while. Infact I think I've only been running once a week lately since I've been lifting much more on schedule.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Yesterday was legs and lower back, today was digging sticky clay with a shovel and pick.

View Quote

Value added
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Lol. I gotta say I feel great today. I haven't run in armor for a while. Infact I think I've only been running once a week lately since I've been lifting much more on schedule.
View All Quotes

I haven't ran in a decade, I know I obviously should though. I think my life will calm down a bit in a couple years, I plan to get back into cycling then. I enjoy that phase of my life years ago.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

8 miles, was someone chasing you?

I hiked around this weekend with a heavy pack.  But I drank a lot of beer and ate candy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Fear and weakness. They never got close.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

lol whoops
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm still mostly focusing on unfucking my shoulder. Every day I do at least a little something for them. The shoulderok is cool, the weight adds up really fast on it.

Since my shoulder is undeniably going to hold me back for a while, I was doing some thinking and wanted to address what I viewed as my weak points when I wasn't so weak. I want to focus on grip strength early and often, I don't want to rely on straps for heavy deads. Obviously I am working on my shoulders, but that is a point I want to address in a few way (mobility and strength). There were days on squats where I'd have my hands all the way out on the collars outside of the j hooks. Also want to focus on core and hamstrings, keep the anterior pelvic tilt under control.

I don't know if I'll ever put my bench shirt back on and try to press over 600lbs again... but I'm looking forward to the journey. Except getting unfat. Definitely got fat and have to cut. Hard. That's sucking.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#43]

I haven't ran in a decade, I know I obviously should though. I think my life will calm down a bit in a couple years, I plan to get back into cycling then. I enjoy that phase of my life years ago.
View All Quotes

I'm doing a 5k with my brother in law in June.

Going in cold, haven't run since college sports except at paintball.

He thinks I'm gonna beat him, I said I was just shooting for a finish.

I think between walking and conditioning I'll do okay, plus we have ass busting days at work.

I hate running so I just stopped once I didn't have to anymore.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#45]

I think between walking and conditioning I'll do okay, plus we have ass busting days at work.

View Quote

Just go do some half mile runs and then work up to 1 mile.  Then you probably won't die during the 5k.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Just go do some half mile runs and then work up to 1 mile.  Then you probably won't die during the 5k.
View All Quotes

I never went into preseason prepared, I'll be damned if I start now.

That was the worst. Throw hay and drink all summer then jump right into 3 a day's with ladder sprints and shit......so sore.

D3 ball for the win....all you had to do was show up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#47]

That was the worst. Throw hay and drink all summer then jump right into 3 a day's with ladder sprints and shit......so sore.

View Quote

That's awesome.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#48]

That's awesome.
View All Quotes

That's awesome.

I remember being so sore we had to help each other out of bed at 6am each day the first week. Then of course the field was at the top of a giant hill.

It was a fun time in my life. I didn't even have a computer or cell phone, we all practiced, ate and hung out together for almost two weeks on campus before the other students came back.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm still mostly focusing on unfucking my shoulder. Every day I do at least a little something for them. The shoulderok is cool, the weight adds up really fast on it.

Since my shoulder is undeniably going to hold me back for a while, I was doing some thinking and wanted to address what I viewed as my weak points when I wasn't so weak. I want to focus on grip strength early and often, I don't want to rely on straps for heavy deads. Obviously I am working on my shoulders, but that is a point I want to address in a few way (mobility and strength). There were days on squats where I'd have my hands all the way out on the collars outside of the j hooks. Also want to focus on core and hamstrings, keep the anterior pelvic tilt under control.

I don't know if I'll ever put my bench shirt back on and try to press over 600lbs again... but I'm looking forward to the journey. Except getting unfat. Definitely got fat and have to cut. Hard. That's sucking.
View Quote

Have you tried over head presses?
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I love running longer distances with weight.

After all my violent encounters in my life I was huffing by the end.

Getting ready ahead of time means I can function better when shits going down.

Lately I don't even do restraints at work anymore but running up a mountain to a cabin during a code that has my patients in it with a jump kit has me winded. Being able to assess then, get vitals, figure out what's going on before my coworkers arrive by vehicle is pretty nice.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top