Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 769
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

I need to make one to add to my pile of random stuff.

I've wanted to try deadlifts with it, apparently it's a fucker.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GUNGUY148:
We did axle bar rows today for assistance work. That bar changes the entire lift, having to put all of my mental and physical strength into holding onto the bar seems to be working muscles differently than the same lift with heavier weights on a traditional bar.

It a keeper.

I need to make one to add to my pile of random stuff.

I've wanted to try deadlifts with it, apparently it's a fucker.

A fucker it is

We built ours out of water pipe for $25ish dollars, I still have to buy claps for it at $40+. It stings to pay more for clamps than the bar.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an axle bar and don't care for it for either deadlifts or rows. I don't want my grip to be a limiting factor on either of those life; I also have chronic tendonitis in both elbows so the larger bar doesn't help there either.

Where I do like it is for landmine stuff so I don't fuck up my good barbells unnecessarily and for pressing stuff where the larger diameter actually reduces hand fatigue. For some reason I also like it for clean and press.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jcatcg:
I have an axle bar and don't care for it for either deadlifts or rows. I don't want my grip to be a limiting factor on either of those life; I also have chronic tendonitis in both elbows so the larger bar doesn't help there either.

Where I do like it is for landmine stuff so I don't fuck up my good barbells unnecessarily and for pressing stuff where the larger diameter actually reduces hand fatigue. For some reason I also like it for clean and press.
View Quote

What landmine base do you have? I'm going to build or buy one pretty soon.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Pretty much how it went down for you?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

I think I did more cryin’ like a bitch. And I never use a suicide grip.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

This one isn't a real landmine, as it doesn't swivel, but all I had to get for it was the pipe nipple, I already had the hardware.

Just drilled a few holes and was up and running, I really should use it more.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#8]

This one isn't a real landmine, as it doesn't swivel, but all I had to get for it was the pipe nipple, I already had the hardware.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294791/WP_20160414_18_05_38_Pro_jpg-1834928.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294791/WP_20160414_18_05_55_Pro_jpg-1834929.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294791/WP_20160414_18_05_38_Pro_jpg-1834928.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294791/WP_20160414_18_05_55_Pro_jpg-1834929.JPG

Looks like a good fit, I was concerned that an oly bar may not go into 2" pipe because of the seam. Did you have to grind the seam at all?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
I've got a couple. I think they're Titan but not 100% sure.

One is the type that anchors on the floor by inserting the end into a stack of plates. The pro is that you can set it up pretty much anywhere. The cons are that it takes time to setup and tear down when you use it and if you only have bumpers, you can only stack so much weight to anchor it (due to plate thickness) which can be limiting on heavier lifts.

The other one I have is the type that ties directly to a cage/rack. This is the one I generally use although I have it attached to a strip on the wall, rather than an actual rack.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Looks like a good fit, I was concerned that an oly bar may not go into 2" pipe because of the seam. Did you have to grind the seam at all?
View All Quotes

It fits in there fine, a little play. I just measured it, it's running like 2 1/16" ID, a bar fits in there with no issues.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks fellas , I'll probably build one that mount to the rack and use an old beater bar in it. I can see the landmine style being a bit of a pain.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:30:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jarcese] [#12]
Yes4All brand sells a landmine attachment for a rack or wall for $30.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Jarcese:
Yes4All brand sells a landmine attachment for a rack or wall for $30.
View Quote

Looks like they are sold out everywhere, which is a good excuse to fuck off in the shop and build one
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I should have done one like this.

Castor wheel swivel with a pipe nipple so it will actually landmine and not just hinge in one plane.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Castor wheel swivel with a pipe nipple so it will actually landmine and not just hinge in one plane.

https://external-preview.redd.it/oGmnRhuj45CB7cW7oQaAccGesh1TEMZfu4DshoRPLpI.jpg?width=576&auto=webp&s=1d3ea5b483988f1d2680a8c94c1dfdc6b9ee7c68
View Quote

Damn, that's a good idea, I was going to build a swivel but that's super easy. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Damn, that's a good idea, I was going to build a swivel but that's super easy. Thanks!
View All Quotes

https://external-preview.redd.it/oGmnRhuj45CB7cW7oQaAccGesh1TEMZfu4DshoRPLpI.jpg?width=576&auto=webp&s=1d3ea5b483988f1d2680a8c94c1dfdc6b9ee7c68

The thread says he used this one from HF. $15

https://www.harborfreight.com/8-inch-pneumatic-swivel-caster-42485.html
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Being home has really gotten me lazy again. I used the garage rack for a few workouts while on quarantine but considering I've only got a pair of 45s and a pair of 35s it was more cardio than anything.

I did do a ruck yesterday, strapped a 35lb plate to the in side of an Eberlystock and did 6 miles in 93 minutes. Which is decent for no workup and basically no rucking since Oct.

My feet are traaaashed though, need to toughen my lady feet up significantly to get back to being a ruck machine.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:
Being home has really gotten me lazy again. I used the garage rack for a few workouts while on quarantine but considering I've only got a pair of 45s and a pair of 35s it was more cardio than anything.

I did do a ruck yesterday, strapped a 35lb plate to the in side of an Eberlystock and did 6 miles in 93 minutes. Which is decent for no workup and basically no rucking since Oct.

My feet are traaaashed though, need to toughen my lady feet up significantly to get back to being a ruck machine.
View Quote

Heavy conditioning, or actually conditioning of any sort is tough for me to talk myself into doing. It's very useful and I should do some. Years ago I'd do lots of working with my plate carrier on, now it doesn't fit

It should again soon though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Would you pay $100 for this?

I know the "buy a concept and be done with it" rhetoric, but I just want something to do steady state with a few times a week. Looks like they had an issue with recoil springs on them, but otherwise they get good reviews.

The guy has a prowler sled too and I'm thinking of offering $200 for both.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:18:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LoneCoyoteHunter] [#20]
I'd be more interested in what the white stuff assembles into I think .... hammer strength

I'm think the sled will take up a lot of room and hardly be used, at least by me
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By LoneCoyoteHunter:
I'd be more interested in what the white stuff assembles into I think .... hammer strength
View Quote

Yeah, he has two of those, I see no use for them for my needs except to take up space.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#22]
If I had an appropriate place to use it, I'd be most interested in that prowler. Those will humble you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I’d drop $100 for the sled.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I have an old car hood I drag around sometimes that makes a cheap sled. When the kids were small I'd drag them all around.

Supper classy
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I decided to pass on both. The sled would be cool, but the only time of year I could use it, I wouldn't use it.

I think I'm gonna order an Echo Bike from Rogue once work starts back up instead.

That way I can use it inside all winter, and if I want to be in nature I can drag it out on the front porch in the summer.

I just really need to get some more steady state work done. I've never enjoyed running, especially when doing it for sports, but I have to do something.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I decided to pass on both. The sled would be cool, but the only time of year I could use it, I wouldn't use it.

I think I'm gonna order an Echo Bike from Rogue once work starts back up instead.

That way I can use it inside all winter, and if I want to be in nature I can drag it out on the front porch in the summer.

I just really need to get some more steady state work done. I've never enjoyed running, especially when doing it for sports, but I have to do something.
View Quote

The only thing that makes cardio worse than running outside is doing it indoors. I fucking hate it but you last 5 words are the gospel. I need to too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#27]

The only thing that makes cardio worse than running outside is doing it indoors. I fucking hate it but you last 5 words are the gospel. I need to too.
View All Quotes

When I ran every day, getting winded just wasn't a thing. It didn't exist.

9 flights of stairs, fuck it, I'm not waiting for that elevator.

I've kept up on my HIIT, short term type cardio, and it helps a lot, but it's just not the same. I can tell my lungs aren't in the condition they should be, and my resting HR hits 70 every now and then now.

I'm really thinking of just putting the Echo Bike on my credit card so I can get it here and get using it while work is still slow. I hate using the CC, but it shouldn't be a big deal to pay it off in a month or two.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#28]
I snagged an echo bike off some weirdo on marketplace.  $600 with the wind guard.  He put it together and used it once or twice.  I've been using it everyday for hiit which I'm pretty sure that's what it's designed for.  I can get done in under 10 minutes and it kicks my ass.  

If your using it in a garage, I'd highly suggest the wind guard if you can get one.  I tried it without one for a minute and it blew a bunch of dust in my eyes from the garage.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By camarojsmith:
I snagged an echo bike off some weirdo on marketplace.  $600 with the wind guard.  He put it together and used it once or twice.  I've been using it everyday for hiit which I'm pretty sure that's what it's designed for.  I can get done in under 10 minutes and it kicks my ass.  

If your using it in a garage, I'd highly suggest the wind guard if you can get one.  I tried it without one for a minute and it blew a bunch of dust in my eyes from the garage.
View Quote

I figured I could just make a wind guard out of aluminum flashing or something.

I see a few on FB for about $600, but they are a few hours away.

A guy pretty close by has an AD7 listed for $700 and it's been on there for weeks.

I'm gonna see how the safe cash is looking and if I can swing it I'll offer him $600 for it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm glad I got mine.  Cardio fell off after I started 531.  I needed to get it back.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#31]
I've been getting a lot more use out of this thing lately, really it's pretty handy. I had a bunch of Titan reward points last year so I snagged it for $9 (I think they are about $40).

I should have gotten the one with the kettlebell handle, but this one works fine for swings and 25 lb plates are perfect for it. I think you can fit like 6 of them on there.

I used it yesterday for 200 swings with 50 lbs on.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:29:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: camarojsmith] [#32]
What kind of bicycle pump is that?    25's aren't too wide that they smack your shins?    I might need to look into one of those.

The only cardio I've done in almost 3 years is chasing around the kids.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:33:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By camarojsmith:
What kind of bicycle pump is that?    25's aren't too wide that they smack your shins?    I might need to look into one of those.

The only cardio I've done in almost 3 years is chasing around the kids.
View Quote

25's work great, I'm sure 35's would too....but who the hell has 35s.

45's and bumpers are too big for me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#34]
I think I overdid it today and got sloppy with swings, my lower back isn't feeling so hot.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Think I'm going to start over from scratch with Starting Strength 5x5. I was doing PPL, but did a little too much editing/changing sets/reps and need to reset.
@strawberry_snaps has made me reevaluate my workout regiment. Lmfao. We're the same weight, and while two of the lift numbers are similar, she's murdering me on the squat. Thanks for the wake up call, strawberry_snaps!
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By EEnginerd:
Think I'm going to start over from scratch with Starting Strength 5x5. I was doing PPL, but did a little too much editing/changing sets/reps and need to reset.
@strawberry_snaps has made me reevaluate my workout regiment. Lmfao. We're the same weight, and while two of the lift numbers are similar, she's murdering me on the squat. Thanks for the wake up call, strawberry_snaps!
View Quote

If you still want some variety you can do Starting Strength and put some isolation at the end, or do Greyskull with the AMRAP on the last set, helps keep it from getting super tedious.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

SS or SL are great programs, I add some accessory work at the end when time allows.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#38]

If you still want some variety you can do Starting Strength and put some isolation at the end, or do Greyskull with the AMRAP on the last set, helps keep it from getting super tedious.
View Quote

I do like AMRAPs, but I just need a hard reset to get my numbers back up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:44:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EEnginerd] [#39]

SS or SL are great programs, I add some accessory work at the end when time allows.
View Quote

I'm back to basic, but I'll definitely be adding accessories after my lift numbers are back to decent.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

You're welcome?!?!

I do whatever my coach tells me to do. Now if only I could do the same with my food.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:22:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By strawberry_snaps:

You're welcome?!?!

I do whatever my coach tells me to do. Now if only I could do the same with my food.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By strawberry_snaps:

You're welcome?!?!

Quite impressive
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Check out this old man Airdyne I got this morning for $200

It's one of the older generations, all metal, basically brand new. It just sat in this ladies house for years.

The monitor even still works, plus it came with the music stand thing....for practicing violin or something while working out.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#43]

It's one of the older generations, all metal, basically brand new. It just sat in this ladies house for years.

The monitor even still works, plus it came with the music stand thing....for practicing violin or something while working out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294791/20210304_122154_jpg-1851137.JPG
View Quote

I picked up one a while back. It was almost free but not quite as pretty as yours. Turd brown, well used and even older than yours I'm guessing.

They will get the job done. My only complaint is that seat makes me sore as hell. It looks huge and comfy but it is not.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

I have the exact same one.  Same scenario, got it from an old couple that never used it.  I paid $100, but that was before the gympocalypse.  It's a tank.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Quite impressive
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#46]

I have the exact same one.  Same scenario, got it from an old couple that never used it.  I paid $100, but that was before the gympocalypse.  It's a tank.
View All Quotes

I tried $150, but he said maybe next week.

I was pretty sure it wouldn't last that long so I ponied up.

Still way cheaper than ordering an Assault Bike.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 7:03:34 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

When I was a kid my great aunt had one just like that. It sat in her living room and she hung clothes on it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Attachment Attached File

Extreme breakfast shake!!!!

It wasn't that good.   But not that bad.  

I've been making them with plain lacroix and they taste pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:00:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Casein will fuck up any shake no matter what you put in there....that stuff is nasty.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Casein will fuck up any shake no matter what you put in there....that stuff is nasty.
View Quote

The chocolate hides the flavor pretty good. And cream helps it too.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top