Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:
Oh, hi guys.

Things have happened.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316036/IMG_0762_jpg-971576.JPG

Introducing....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316036/IMG_0884_jpg-971578.JPG

I also did a thing for my wife.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316036/IMG_0866_jpg-971579.JPG

And this is coming. The photo is from a bad angle. It will be mounted high on a wall so you will be looking up at him. He is posed as if he were about to hook and toss you. One thing with buff mounts I have always been less than impressed with, is when they are mounted on a wall and looking forward, the bosses and overall horn conformation isn't always accentuated. So with this pose I was hoping to overcome that. Once it finally gets here and I put it on the wall I'll post more.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316036/buffalo_shoulder_JPG-971594.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 12:03:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grady] [#2]
Broken thread bump.

Link Posted: 6/8/2019 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]
And another.

Link Posted: 6/8/2019 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#4]
My new favorite. I think she nailed it.

Link Posted: 6/8/2019 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By grady:
And another.

https://i.chzbgr.com/original/9026599424/h4F4F942A/1
View Quote
ow, my spine
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I can’t put my finger on it, but there’s two things about that gif that really stand out.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 6:54:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SCW:

I can’t put my finger on it, but there’s two things about that gif that really stand out.
View Quote
I could definitely put my finger on it...
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#8]
congrats!
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#9]
If you're wondering just how much of a difference drugs make:

Ilya Illyin
17yo 85kg class- Snatched 170kg, C&Jed 216kg
27yo 105kg class- 191, 246
31yo 96kg class- 165, 190

Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
I'm cutting. I can run 3 miles in under 22 minutes. But squated 390 right before that.
View Quote
Nice work!
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh, hi guys.

Things have happened.

Introducing....

And this is coming. The photo is from a bad angle. It will be mounted high on a wall so you will be looking up at him. He is posed as if he were about to hook and toss you. One thing with buff mounts I have always been less than impressed with, is when they are mounted on a wall and looking forward, the bosses and overall horn conformation isn't always accentuated. So with this pose I was hoping to overcome that. Once it finally gets here and I put it on the wall I'll post more.

View Quote
Congrats!!!
And that's a very cool position on the mount.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By therex:

congrats!
View Quote
Thanks!

Originally Posted By nyalaman:

Congrats!!!
And that's a very cool position on the mount.
View Quote
Thanks! Yeah I am excited to see it in person. Not sure when yet. I will also be getting the skull from the old cow buffalo, shoulder mount of the impala, and a zebra rug with a carpet style backing rather than just felt. It is supposed to make it more durable if used as a rug or easier to display on a wall.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Thanks!

Thanks! Yeah I am excited to see it in person. Not sure when yet. I will also be getting the skull from the old cow buffalo, shoulder mount of the impala, and a zebra rug with a carpet style backing rather than just felt. It is supposed to make it more durable if used as a rug or easier to display on a wall.
View Quote
I can't quite tell from the photo, but is the Buffalo mount a pedestal mount? The Zebra rug addition will make any trophy room exotic and complete.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm doing pretty good in the Cola Wars.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:10:20 AM EDT
[#15]
So is RA an actual cyborg
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 7:45:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#16]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
So is RA an actual cyborg
View Quote
Yes.
Here is his run video.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 7:49:54 AM EDT
[#17]

I can't quite tell from the photo, but is the Buffalo mount a pedestal mount? The Zebra rug addition will make any trophy room exotic and complete.
View Quote
It’s a wall mount. They just have it like that for their process.

Any hunts or fishing trips planned for this year?
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#18]

It’s a wall mount. They just have it like that for their process.

Any hunts or fishing trips planned for this year?
View Quote
Oh, I see. No hunts planned for me, just local stuff at home, I wish though. I got plenty of trout and Salmon fishing in locally though, filled the freezer. Bringing the wife to the Scottish highlands this fall though, just to relax, hike, enjoy Scenery, Scotch, and drool over the rutting Red Stags. I hope to hunt them there some day though. Any hunts on the horizon for you? You must have something in the works-
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Oh, I see. No hunts planned for me, just local stuff at home, I wish though. I got plenty of trout and Salmon fishing in locally though, filled the freezer. Bringing the wife to the Scottish highlands this fall though, just to relax, hike, enjoy Scenery, Scotch, and drool over the rutting Red Stags. I hope to hunt them there some day though. Any hunts on the horizon for you? You must have something in the works-
View Quote
That sounds awesome. I really want to go to NZ for a red stag... Dying to.

Instead, my brother and I chartered a plane to fly us into a dirt strip in the Frank Church. We pack in about 10 miles from there to hunt mulies at 9,000 ft elevation. Just got my lic and tag.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:

Instead, my brother and I chartered a plane to fly us into a dirt strip in the Frank Church. We pack in about 10 miles from there to hunt mulies at 9,000 ft elevation. Just got my lic and tag.
View Quote
That's awesome...I'm a little bit jealous...You'll get workouts in as a bonus...make sure to post pics and stuff.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m pretty fucking happy.

Total hip replacement 22 months ago.... didn’t think I’d ever pull 405 again.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Oh, hi guys.

Things have happened.

Introducing....

View Quote
Congrats bro!!
I think they can be friends
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Sean124:
I’m pretty fucking happy.

Total hip replacement 22 months ago.... didn’t think I’d ever pull 405 again.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/341181/896945C6-0128-4415-B707-9B7C962C614E_jpeg-986609.JPG
View Quote
Great job 👍
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 2:38:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Garyindiane:

Great job 👍
View Quote
Thanks.

I know the trap bar is cheating, but I can’t get in a safe position anymore with a barbell.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 4:43:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Thanks.

I know the trap bar is cheating, but I can’t get in a safe position anymore with a barbell.
View Quote
It's totally not cheating. Only sumo is cheating

But seriously, it's just another deadlift variation. Unless you're training to compete in the sport of powerlifting, it doesn't really matter what kind of deadlift you choose to do.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 7:44:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Great job, and definitely not cheating.  Depending on the starting position of your hips, it might resemble the squat more than deadlift, but the work is still beneficial either way.

Congrats on a strong post-op recovery.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Garyindiane:

Great job 👍
Thanks.

I'd agree it's cheating but who the fuck cares. Hip replacement gives you a solid pass.

Good job!
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By turborocket:
Great job, and definitely not cheating.  Depending on the starting position of your hips, it might resemble the squat more than deadlift, but the work is still beneficial either way.

Congrats on a strong post-op recovery.
View Quote
I try to focus on the hip hinge instead of squatting it off the floor, but obviously the reality is somewhere in the middle.

My last squat session finished with 265x3, so that’s also coming along. I’m just squatting to a box to make sure I hit depth without going too far.

Thanks again, everyone.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I am making progress.  Took last week off from lifting and this week tested 1RM. I'm 37, 6'0" 202lbs.  Been following BBB 4 days a week for about nine months now.  Will take any pointers to up my lifts more though.  I'm super stoked to hit 1000lbs on the big 3.
Squat - 10lb PR @ 360lbs
OHP - 5lb PR @ 170lbs
Deadlift- 20lb PR @ 405lbs
Bench- 15lb PR 240lbs
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
Might hunt some deer this fall and do some bird hunting. Since my folks just moved out I’ll definitely have the opportunity for birds, with their dogs and all.

In the early stages of planning a safari. Not sure on any details really at this point. I’d like to do Benin/burkina faso for western savannah buffalo. Or maybe Tanzania and go after grants and thompsons gazelles. And the guy that we booked Zimbabwe through said he could make us a good deal on some non exportable trophy buffs.

Time will tell.

I really want to get some good fishing in though. Haven’t done that in forever.

Scotland should be a blast. Going to do any golfing? You might want to check out some hunting sites for cancellation deals for hunts while you’re there.

View Quote
That sounds like a cool adventure. How long are you going to be in the field for?
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Congrats bro!!
I think they can be friends
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/Resized_20190214_170214_jpg-986700.JPG
View Quote
Haha for sure. Yours is getting big! How are things going?

My wife is already starting to talk about number 3...
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#32]
I joined the Colavengers and used my power of bench press to defeat RustedAce in the Cola Wars.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I also took first place.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
Nice job!

Red light on the bench though...get that ass down.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 11:22:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grady] [#34]
I hit 300 for a double this morning on squats.

Not big weight by any objective standard but great for me considering I was only doing about 150 a year ago.

Only 5 lbs. shy of a 1,000 total. I will hit it this week if I hit my numbers for deadlifts on Thursday.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By grady:

Nice job!

Red light on the bench though...get that ass down.
View Quote
No lights at the Cola Wars.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Haha for sure. Yours is getting big! How are things going?

My wife is already starting to talk about number 3...
View Quote
Don't worry. @SCW wife is talking about number 8...

My daughter just turned 13, and guys are starting to come around. I need to be able to rip thier leg off and beat them with it. What's the strength conversation numbers between squats and the ability to remove someone's limb by hand?
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#37]

That sounds like a cool adventure. How long are you going to be in the field for?
View Quote
We are planning on 8 days if needed... I'm working on keeping my pack as light as I can. Food will be a bunch of it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Don't worry. @SCW wife is talking about number 8...

My daughter just turned 13, and guys are starting to come around. I need to be able to rip thier leg off and beat them with it. What's the strength conversation numbers between squats and the ability to remove someone's limb by hand?
View Quote
Nope, I’m going to have to get wife #2 for that.  But it’s going slow, obviously these women don’t appreciate squats.

My daughter (18) actually just came to me the other day and told me her ‘guy friend’ wanted to have the talk with me.  I told her not to bother, he’s not going to like what I have to say and I’m not going to leave any open doors.   She took it well, she wasn’t really ready for that much seriousness either.

I’ve been telling her for months that was coming, she didn’t believe me.

Ugh.  Only 6 to go.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#39]

Nope, I’m going to have to get wife #2 for that.  But it’s going slow, obviously these women don’t appreciate squats.

My daughter (18) actually just came to me the other day and told me her ‘guy friend’ wanted to have the talk with me.  I told her not to bother, he’s not going to like what I have to say and I’m not going to leave any open doors.   She took it well, she wasn’t really ready for that much seriousness either.

I’ve been telling her for months that was coming, she didn’t believe me.

Ugh.  Only 6 to go.
View Quote
You need to work on your bench press so you can rip limbs off. And it will help acquiring that 2nd wife more than squats will.

Speaking of bench... Today could have been a push day. But I went to 11 on the last back and push days. Sore enough that I feel bad. So took today off just to try and recover some.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#40]
I have a terrible confession....

It’s been so long since I’ve lifted that I cancelled the membership to the gym.  I’m now a 25% owner of a transmission construction company, but it’s just a lot of work and no cash flow yet, so I’m working double time to keep food on the table and keep the wheels of two companies moving.  It’s pretty much 7am to 10pm in my office, probably be in Phoenix, Bozeman and Denver this week.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#41]

It's been so long since I've lifted that I cancelled the membership to the gym.  I'm now a 25% owner of a transmission construction company, but it's just a lot of work and no cash flow yet, so I'm working double time to keep food on the table and keep the wheels of two companies moving.  It's pretty much 7am to 10pm in my office, probably be in Phoenix, Bozeman and Denver this week.
View Quote
I'm so sorry. I take full responsibility. :(
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm so sorry. I take full responsibility. :(
View Quote
Finally- the right person stands up and accepts responsibility.  

Anyone know how LawyerUp is doing?
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
Far as I can tell he's playing Colonial Archaelogist. But it looks like fun sooooooo...
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#44]

We are planning on 8 days if needed... I'm working on keeping my pack as light as I can. Food will be a bunch of it.
View Quote
That is definitely long enough to get nice and crusty.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
I need to order some coffee.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Far as I can tell he's playing Colonial Archaelogist. But it looks like fun sooooooo...
View Quote
Sounds like he's doing OK then?  I need to see if I have his email address around here.

I need to order some coffee.
View Quote
Yep, the last time I ordered (quite a while ago) it took him a really long time to ship, so I didn't know if he was still doing it or what was going on.  the wait didn't bother me, it just concerned me that he's not doing much and my order was a hassle.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#47]

It’s been so long since I’ve lifted that I cancelled the membership to the gym.  I’m now a 25% owner of a transmission construction company, but it’s just a lot of work and no cash flow yet, so I’m working double time to keep food on the table and keep the wheels of two companies moving.  It’s pretty much 7am to 10pm in my office, probably be in Phoenix, Bozeman and Denver this week.
View Quote
You have failed Arnold... Stone the heathen!

So you didn’t have time for your first gig, and now you are 25% in and working 100% of it for no pay on top of the first gig? Brilliant!

We don’t have to stone you for backsliding. Either the work, or the stress, will kill you soon enough.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#48]

You have failed Arnold... Stone the heathen!

So you didn’t have time for your first gig, and now you are 25% in and working 100% of it for no pay on top of the first gig? Brilliant!

We don’t have to stone you for backsliding. Either the work, or the stress, will kill you soon enough.
View Quote
Yeah, that pretty well sums it up.  These guys already have about a half million in equipment and we're bidding on projects in North Carolina, Floriduh, Idaho and Oregon.  Foundations in the west and wire in the east.  Someday we'll do both in the midwest I guess.

There's always been a lot more money in construction than engineering in this game, so I'm pretty excited.  Been working on bonds, licenses, insurance....  About to submit another $9M bid for foundations-

The wife is still working out a lot.  IronMan in Boulder CO in a few weeks, sprint Triathalon through the central Utah mountains in a few weeks and some other big thing later in the summer that I can't remember.  Son in football, 4 kids in gymnastics...  I'm the only slug of the family.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#49]

Might hunt some deer this fall and do some bird hunting. Since my folks just moved out I’ll definitely have the opportunity for birds, with their dogs and all.

In the early stages of planning a safari. Not sure on any details really at this point. I’d like to do Benin/burkina faso for western savannah buffalo. Or maybe Tanzania and go after grants and thompsons gazelles. And the guy that we booked Zimbabwe through said he could make us a good deal on some non exportable trophy buffs.

Time will tell.

I really want to get some good fishing in though. Haven’t done that in forever.

Scotland should be a blast. Going to do any golfing? You might want to check out some hunting sites for cancellation deals for hunts while you’re there.

View Quote
That's some neat trips that you have in the works. I won't be golfing, I would if I golfed though...We'll be Staying in St.Andrews for a couple days.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
Nice work man.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top