Link Posted: 10/2/2017 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Power cleaned and jerked 285
And power cleaned 300 today
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought Plant Paradox.  I'll probably start on that diet plan here shortly.  Did some arms this morning and a little decline one arm dumbell bench.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
View Quote
Keeerist! You are really getting strong again.

Nice, LawyerUp. I sure hope you are able to find an answer to your problems.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
I bought Plant Paradox.  I'll probably start on that diet plan here shortly.  Did some arms this morning and a little decline one arm dumbell bench.
View Quote
Good luck, that's pretty frustrating.

I had a totally surprising PR today, I haven't hardly lifted in weeks and my shoulders were really cranky so I did a lot of mobility, then started at 95lb BTN presses and strict presses just to see if I could work the kinks out of the shoulders.  Ended up with a set of three at 168lbs!  Almost makes me want to pay attention to my lifting again!

Don't even want to talk about squats.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I love / hate deload weeks
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 12:45:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Experimenting with building my own program off the basic 5/3/1. On the 5x week I stopped at 5 reps on the top set at 400 for deads. Did a single at 455 and then two singles at 505. Going to take it easy feeling out what weights and rep setup will work best for me. I've been missing doing heavier reps and it felt good to get back to them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 2:04:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Hank:
You haven't read the books, have you?
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
I've got the original book but I haven't seen it in over a year. Thinking about picking up Beyond but I figured I would make up my own first and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BamaMarine:

I've got the original book but I haven't seen it in over a year. Thinking about picking up Beyond but I figured I would make up my own first and see how it goes.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By flinch08:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks.  I finally got an appointment scheduled with a rheumatologist, later this month.  Apparently they are pretty damned difficult to get into outside of 3 or 4 months.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:45:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#16]
I wanna be snarky, but that won't help either of us.

What you're describing are "joker sets", and are detailed (as much as necessary) in Beyond..., I believe.
View All Quotes
I wanna be snarky, but that won't help either of us.

What you're describing are "joker sets", and are detailed (as much as necessary) in Beyond..., I believe.
Yup, joker sets and in Beyond. Already been done yo.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh I understand any program I come up with has already been done lol. Didn't really want to buy another book, but I guess I'll pony up for Beyond.

Hit 250x5, 285x1, 315x1 on bench today. Almost got 335 as well but my back slipped with some leg drive and I needed a very light spot with no arch or legs left in it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Yup, joker sets and in Beyond. Already been done yo.
View Quote
Nevr ben don befo!
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh I understand any program I come up with has already been done lol. Didn't really want to buy another book, but I guess I'll pony up for Beyond.

Hit 250x5, 285x1, 315x1 on bench today. Almost got 335 as well but my back slipped with some leg drive and I needed a very light spot with no arch or legs left in it.
View Quote
There's some cool variations in it. You can probably find them all online though.

Nice bench!
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#20]
I got back from my aoudad hunting trip in West Texas a few days ago. First experience really climbing mountains. Shot my ram at about ~700 yards with a .300 win mag. Got to do some tracking on my dad's ram. Had a lot of fun and learned a bit about dedication.

My ram:
Attachment Attached File

Dad's ram:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Anyone know how to get in touch with @CLICKBANGBANG ? He is heading on an aoudad hunt right near where I was soon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:
I got back from my aoudad hunting trip in West Texas a few days ago. First experience really climbing mountains. Shot my ram at about ~700 yards with a .300 win mag. Got to do some tracking on my dad's ram. Had a lot of fun and learned a bit about dedication.

My ram:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316036/IMG_0370-324907.JPG

Dad's ram:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316036/IMG_0386-324908.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316036/IMG_0400-324909.JPG

Anyone know how to get in touch with @CLICKBANGBANG ? He is heading on an aoudad hunt right near where I was soon.
View Quote
looks like a great trip with awesome landscape.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Solace22:

looks like a great trip with awesome landscape.
View Quote
Yeah it was great. The pictures don't really show how incredibly steep it was or how all the rocks were loose and trying to kill you. But once you have a moment to look out on the horizon it is incredible.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Yeah it was great. The pictures don't really show how incredibly steep it was or how all the rocks were loose and trying to kill you. But once you have a moment to look out on the horizon it is incredible.
View Quote
Nice.  How and the hell do you get it out of there?
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:32:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

Nice.  How and the hell do you get it out of there?
View Quote
Break it down on the mountain and pack it out. Being my size felt like a liability up there, right up until I had around 100 lbs of aoudad on my back and it wasn't a big deal.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like an awesome hunt!  

I've got CBB's phone number.  Not sure if I have his email address.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Very nice, Anvil.

That balance between weight and strength is a common topic amongst mountains hunters.

Hope I have some pics to share after this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SCW:

View Quote
Yeah it was a good experience, well outside of my comfort zone. If you have a chance to send him a quick text, tell him to stop by here.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#28]

My ram:

Dad's ram:

View Quote
Horntacular.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Yeah it was a good experience, well outside of my comfort zone. If you have a chance to send him a quick text, tell him to stop by here.
View Quote
You haven't spent much time out west? I took my wife to Capitol Reef National Park a few weeks ago, it's just a few hours away from here.  Some really neat stuff, but the country you were in doesn't seem nearly as bad as the hills around Phoenix.  It seems every single bush, twig, rock, spider and plant or animal in general wants to kill you.  

Still looks like fun, this year I'm (again) not hunting elk, even though they are in my back yard.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:11:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CLICKBANGBANG] [#30]
Don't any of you heathens shower? It STILL... smells like wet dick turds in this nasty thread.

ETA- what do you know? I'm a freeloader now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Very nice, Anvil.

That balance between weight and strength is a common topic amongst mountains hunters.

Hope I have some pics to share after this weekend.
View Quote
I can see why. All in all it would have been better if I was 20 lbs less fat. But at that weight I'd still have size to throw around.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#32]

You haven't spent much time out west? I took my wife to Capitol Reef National Park a few weeks ago, it's just a few hours away from here.  Some really neat stuff, but the country you were in doesn't seem nearly as bad as the hills around Phoenix.  It seems every single bush, twig, rock, spider and plant or animal in general wants to kill you.  

Still looks like fun, this year I'm (again) not hunting elk, even though they are in my back yard.
View Quote
I couldn't even get pictures with my dad's ewe because it was so sketchy. The pictures I posted were taken basically right under me pointing up, which makes the incline look less dramatic. I don't doubt you have crazier stuff though. Just not what I typically deal with.

Everything there had thorns but they weren't as pokey as in Africa so I didn't even get too scratched up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:
Don't any of you heathens shower? It STILL... smells like wet dick turds in this nasty thread.
View Quote
Hey! Welcome back!

When's your hunt?
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Hey! Welcome back!

When's your hunt?
View Quote
Hey, thanks. SCW hit me up and said you were back from your hunt. Nice sheep! I keep reading about the nasty thorns and extreme climbs. It's like a Africa Hunt with Yukon mountains. Way to get it done.

My hunt is next month. I'm shooting, rucking, breaking in new boots. Playing with a new Garmin InReach. Doing all of the pre hunt stuff.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Hey, thanks. SCW hit me up and said you were back from your hunt. Nice sheep! I keep reading about the nasty thorns and extreme climbs. It's like a Africa Hunt with Yukon mountains. Way to get it done.

My hunt is next month. I'm shooting, rucking, breaking in new boots. Playing with a new Garmin InReach. Doing all of the pre hunt stuff.
View Quote
Thanks. Sounds like you are well prepared. Do you have a good range finder? It will make life a lot easier. Especially if you have one that calculates the angle so it gives you your shooting distance rather than just line of sight.

My guide's instructions on mountain climbing were "if you start falling grab the nearest plants. If it's got thorns, grab it anyway. You can pull em out later."

They were heavy in the rut, you could literally smell it on the rams.

What rifle are you taking? I ended up using a .300 win mag for my long shot. It has a custom turret on it from leupold. It would have felt like cheating if there wasn't a crosswind and I wasn't in contorted fetal position between a bunch of sharp rocks.

We did have weird weather. The clouds were low on the mountains until around noon. So we weren't able to really hunt in the morning except to get in position before it burnt off. They've had something in excess of 30" of rain this year compared to their average of 11". It was really green for being a desert.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:30:38 PM EDT
[#36]

My ram:

Dad's ram:

View Quote
Dang that place is steep. How far did your dads ram go? I'm shooting a 7mm Rem Mag with Barnes 140 grain TTSX. It's the polymer tipped all copper. It looks to be shooting pretty good out of my gun. 700 is a long ass shot. I don't know if I'd lob one that far. I'm not that good with this gun. 400-500 might be my max. Next few trips to the farm to shoot will tell.

Have you tried cooking any of it yet? Let me know what you try.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#37]

Thanks. Sounds like you are well prepared. Do you have a good range finder? It will make life a lot easier. Especially if you have one that calculates the angle so it gives you your shooting distance rather than just line of sight.

My guide's instructions on mountain climbing were "if you start falling grab the nearest plants. If it's got thorns, grab it anyway. You can pull em out later."

They were heavy in the rut, you could literally smell it on the rams.

What rifle are you taking? I ended up using a .300 win mag for my long shot. It has a custom turret on it from leupold. It would have felt like cheating if there wasn't a crosswind and I wasn't in contorted fetal position between a bunch of sharp rocks.

We did have weird weather. The clouds were low on the mountains until around noon. So we weren't able to really hunt in the morning except to get in position before it burnt off. They've had something in excess of 30" of rain this year compared to their average of 11". It was really green for being a desert.
View Quote
I've got a Leupold RX-1200i tbr dna. It does angle comp, but I need to set it up. Program my load into the rangefinder.

I'm watching the weather close. With a November hunt, I'll have rain gear on me in the pack. I see you were in a short sleeve. Was it windy?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 12:02:12 AM EDT
[#38]
So we have a Republican controlled congress and presidency. We're safe from gun control for now, right? Wrong.

Even the fucking NRA is pushing it

This shit never ends and I'm completely tired of it
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 12:46:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
So we have a Republican controlled congress and presidency. We're safe from gun control for now, right? Wrong.

View Quote
Lol, what's the odds I see my echo trigger from optics planet within the next 6 months?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#40]

ETA- what do you know? I'm a freeloader now.
View Quote
Click! Nice to see you. You should IM me your contact info in case you disappear again.

I still owe you some elk. Won't be this year though. Maybe next.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:15:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Dang that place is steep. How far did your dads ram go? I'm shooting a 7mm Rem Mag with Barnes 140 grain TTSX. It's the polymer tipped all copper. It looks to be shooting pretty good out of my gun. 700 is a long ass shot. I don't know if I'd lob one that far. I'm not that good with this gun. 400-500 might be my max. Next few trips to the farm to shoot will tell.

Have you tried cooking any of it yet? Let me know what you try.
View Quote
I didn't get to try any of the meat and my mom sent me back on the plane with an extra bag full of gifts for my daughter. I'll let you know once my dad tries it.

There was wind but it was a petty constant breeze. The few times it picked up it ended up dying back down pretty quickly.

Good choice in ammo. I really like barnes. We used their 165(168?) ttsx for the .300 win mag. Their stuff has incredibly consistent expansion in the real world. My .30-06 loves the federal fusion 150s and I like their price and performance so I just stick with that. Having the custom turret on the win mag was awesome. Really simplified things. My dads ewe was right around the 300 yard mark and his ram was almost 600.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:44:51 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
Republicains, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KaiK:

Big government is going to big government.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#44]

I couldn't even get pictures with my dad's ewe because it was so sketchy. The pictures I posted were taken basically right under me pointing up, which makes the incline look less dramatic. I don't doubt you have crazier stuff though. Just not what I typically deal with.

Everything there had thorns but they weren't as pokey as in Africa so I didn't even get too scratched up.
View Quote
We aren't that bad here in the mountains of Utah, but Arizona is pretty inhospitable.

When I drove through KY/WVA/VA a couple of years ago I was surprised at how rough the mountains were, even though they aren't very tall.  You have tight steep canyons, we've mostly got long, wide canyons that are miles long.  I went through the Shenandoah valley in the dark so I didn't get a perspective on it, but I spent some time in Pennsylvania and can't imagine how George Washington could move an army around.

Here's Capitol Reef

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#45]

We aren't that bad here in the mountains of Utah, but Arizona is pretty inhospitable.

When I drove through KY/WVA/VA a couple of years ago I was surprised at how rough the mountains were, even though they aren't very tall.  You have tight steep canyons, we've mostly got long, wide canyons that are miles long.  I went through the Shenandoah valley in the dark so I didn't get a perspective on it, but I spent some time in Pennsylvania and can't imagine how George Washington could move an army around.

Here's Capitol Reef

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/122594/IMG_0218-325726.JPG
View Quote
Sweet.  Ghost Recon Wildlands.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Here's Capitol Reef

View Quote
That's a great shot. I've only lived in VA for 5 years and we had our daughter 3 years ago, so I haven't explored nearly as much as I would like. Everywhere I've gone here so far is pretty easy, but again I haven't searched much. Played around with some day hikes on parts of the Appalachian Trail. But that's about it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Guys, these Reebok Legacy lifters are legit. I'd definitely call them a Romaleo 2 upgrade. Tall heel, great quality, heavy, and solid as concrete blocks on your feet. I'm a big fan so far.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#48]

Here's Capitol Reef

View Quote
Cool picture. I need to figure out how to get my wife out of the house. We've cancelled five trips that were scheduled for one reason or another. Ruff year... I'm not canceling my TX hunt. I'm going if I have to walk. Donner pass in November is fine as long as you have some human jerky to munch on.

My buddie just got back from a Yota wheeling trip from Moab with all kinds of rock formation pictures. I told him he could be a photographer if he could figure a way to get that tiny pickup out of the shot. He wasn't amused at my suggestion.

Btw... Are you ever going to hunt with all of those guns you have? Utah has good hunting and you're a resident. Shoot a cow in your back yard to get some meat. Out here, they release 40,000 deer tags for D zone, and only 4,500 get filled. That's why I would rather hunt out of state for anything than California. I end up seeing a ton of hunters, and maybe a doe, two raven, and a few chipmunks.

Oh, I'll be back to the engineer before the end of the year. No needless beams this time though. Just one door to enter the new room, and some footings. One pick of trusses. Should be really simple box with a full shear. Another addition coming up...
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
Email through the forum still works.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:35:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CLICKBANGBANG] [#50]

Click! Nice to see you. You should IM me your contact info in case you disappear again.

I still owe you some elk. Won't be this year though. Maybe next.
View Quote
I might put in for elk somewhere next year. All the cool kids are shooting elk these days. I'll go see what the fuss is about.

My cousin killed an elk with a bow up in Oregon this year. I'm planning a road trip right after the bull is done with processing, right when his freezers are at peek, and he's needing to off some to make room.

I might try to go with him next year. I got the invite at least. I bought a bow. The bow shop turned it way down so I can pull it. The factory weight was way too heavy. #weakling.

I'll shoot you an IM.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top