BCM
User Panel

Page / 769
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nyalaman:
Lotta folks are broke.
Hip feels horrible, bursitis comes and goes periodically. Squatted 250 x 5 and stopped because of the pain this morning, felt light though.
Court case with the EX was finalized on Monday so now I can focus my energy more on training.
Going to spread out my recovery time so I will squat 1x per week, for now. I'm going to take 2 weeks off for vacation, no lifting at all, should help in recovery.
My wife told me that I should spend more time hunting this year because I deserve it-
My conditioning for the next few months will be the hike to my hunting grounds.
Anvil- Good luck on the hunt, don't forget pic's.
View Quote
Congrats on finalizing the court stuff. What are you going to hunt for this year?
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:09:03 AM EDT
[#2]
broke ass thread
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Tried doing some swimming today for a cardio. I'm gonna have to start dropping some kg's in the ole bodyweight to try to address my hormonal balance and to get cut, so I thought while I'm chasing 1200 I can swim some twice a week.

I'm really not good at it, and it's always hard for me to convince myself to do things I'm not good at. (and I'm only really good at two things.)

It was nice though, to have the ole HR up and be out of breath but not be hot or sweaty. The not nice part was not being able to breathe whenever i wanted. 
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By therex:
Tried doing some swimming today for a cardio. I'm gonna have to start dropping some kg's in the ole bodyweight to try to address my hormonal balance and to get cut, so I thought while I'm chasing 1200 I can swim some twice a week.

I'm really not good at it, and it's always hard for me to convince myself to do things I'm not good at. (and I'm only really good at two things.)

It was nice though, to have the ole HR up and be out of breath but not be hot or sweaty. The not nice part was not being able to breathe whenever i wanted. 
View Quote
Swimming is hard when you have lots of muscle.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah. I grew up in the ocean and surfed religiously until I moved here 5 years ago. Finally got back in the water this summer and I sink. In addition to that I can't hold my breath as long. I can't even imagine how terrible getting back into scuba would be.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

Congrats on finalizing the court stuff. What are you going to hunt for this year?
View Quote
Thanks, man .Just whitetails at home, no travelling. Maybe Ducks and Coyotes locally if I get a deer early. Hunting Travel isn't in the cards this year.
Lawerup- sorry about the bad news, best wishes and keep positive.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
Nice, 1200 is a great number, good luck.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:01:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MeatBag] [#8]

View Quote
Are you continuously exhaling whenever you're not inhaling? Not doing that is the main cause of feeling breathless while swimming.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:

Are you continuously exhaling whenever you're not inhaling? Not doing that is the main cause of feeling breathless while swimming.
View Quote
Fuuuuckkk no. I flop around and choke and just try to keep my head above water so I don't die. 

Completely against every instinct as a lifter to be constantly exhaling. I know I am supposed to but #fail
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuuuuckkk no. I flop around and choke and just try to keep my head above water so I don't die. 
View Quote
Well there's your problem
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats!! was that VT? Two Bozo's here in CT poached 2 bear last week and are going to jail.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Damn guys, get better soon. Everyone is broke
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG0379-311811.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG0390-311813.JPG

Good trip, my BIL got the bear. I get the next one.

Even lifted today. Just DB presses but they felt good.
Congrats!! was that VT? Two Bozo's here in CT poached 2 bear last week and are going to jail.
Yup, Jamaica. My BIL has a cabin up there. I typically sleep in the woods and just use the cabin as a backup camp/place to keep beer cold.

Glad you finally finished up the legal stuff. I hate that shit. Do you hunt state land?
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:04:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not broke!

Congrats on the bear. You using your M1 again this year? I leave this Sunday for Texas for aoudad and possibly javelina.

Been taking it a little easy the past two weeks. Trying to evaluate myself and asses what I need to do to be stronger but also thinking I just want to lose some fat.
View All Quotes
Damn guys, get better soon. Everyone is broke
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG0379-311811.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG0390-311813.JPG

Good trip, my BIL got the bear. I get the next one.

Even lifted today. Just DB presses but they felt good.
I'm not broke!

Congrats on the bear. You using your M1 again this year? I leave this Sunday for Texas for aoudad and possibly javelina.

Been taking it a little easy the past two weeks. Trying to evaluate myself and asses what I need to do to be stronger but also thinking I just want to lose some fat.
No, the M1 still has a cracked receiver. I was using my Savage .308. good luck in TX. Post up pics.

Maybe just cut back on the calories a little and up the cardio a tiny bit.

I always find a little cardio helps with gains.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah. I grew up in the ocean and surfed religiously until I moved here 5 years ago. Finally got back in the water this summer and I sink. In addition to that I can't hold my breath as long. I can't even imagine how terrible getting back into scuba would be.
View All Quotes

Yeah, I grew up surfing.  Though it's been a little longer than 5 years for me.  Now I fight gravity pretty hard when I swim, even though in my mind I can still swim like a fish.

Hit the gym today and did a little bis, tris, and chest with dumbbells.  I'm gonna just lay off my legs until I get in to see a rheumatologist, because I'm afraid I'm going to permanently damage my knees.  And sonofabitch, so far I can't get in anywhere earlier than end of February.  I need to keep looking/trying.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm really good at jerking the bar right into my chin
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Had about 5 PRs yesterday. Today nothing went right.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm really good at jerking the bar right into my chin
View Quote
I guess that's better than your forehead.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:39:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Had about 5 PRs yesterday. Today nothing went right.
View Quote
Gotta recover from all those PRs. Yesterday, I did 3x6 70% squat and it felt like 80% and terrible; when the week before I did 70% for 10 after 3 working sets.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Gotta recover from all those PRs. Yesterday, I did 3x6 70% squat and it felt like 80% and terrible; when the week before I did 70% for 10 after 3 working sets.
View Quote
I hate when that happens.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Completely against every instinct as a lifter to be constantly exhaling. I know I am supposed to but #fail
View Quote
LOL. Learning how to swim really helps.

Cool bear. I found these last weekend in a remote canyon. No elk tag. Shitty picture, but the bull on the left was enormous.

Attachment Attached File

I'm not broke. That's because all I do is study and run. My wife is really not well. The aftereffects of rhahbdo will take some time to get over. Glad that first night asking about it here I pressured her into going to acute care. She is ok, just gonna take time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:19:58 PM EDT
[#20]
My first workout in two weeks today-  was asked to join the Crossfit WOD because it was a partner workout and they were a man short.  We won

Other than that -  I fluctuate between 'life sucks' and 'I'm living the dream'.  Turned down a bunch of work to focus on t-line, but the t-line stuff is being slow to ramp up.  If I get the work I've been spending all my time bidding on I'll suddenly be doing really well.  Till then I'm scrambling to make payroll.

So lifting isn't even in the back seat anymore, it just got kicked out of the car.

And kipping pull ups are harder than they look.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SCW:
My first workout in two weeks today-  was asked to join the Crossfit WOD because it was a partner workout and they were a man short.  We won

Other than that -  I fluctuate between 'life sucks' and 'I'm living the dream'.  Turned down a bunch of work to focus on t-line, but the t-line stuff is being slow to ramp up.  If I get the work I've been spending all my time bidding on I'll suddenly be doing really well.  Till then I'm scrambling to make payroll.

So lifting isn't even in the back seat anymore, it just got kicked out of the car.

And kipping pull ups are harder than they look.
View Quote
Isn't being self employed fun.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Isn't being self employed fun.
View Quote
Huge adjustment for me.  The emotional roller coaster is settling down, it's been just over a year since I quit my job.  I've now got three employees and just entering the slow time of year for housing, especially local stuff.  We just had our first big snowfall last weekend so my work on local houses and cabins will be gone really soon till spring.

My long term plans are like a week out, lol.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Yup, Jamaica. My BIL has a cabin up there. I typically sleep in the woods and just use the cabin as a backup camp/place to keep beer cold.

Glad you finally finished up the legal stuff. I hate that shit. Do you hunt state land?
View Quote
03RN- Cool that you sleep in the woods..Lol, that's rough. I haven't done that in years. I hunt state land now only, almost always Natchaug SF, and sometimes Shenipsit SF. It's been near or at 90 degrees all week. I went out 4 times and saw nothing but Mosquitoes, squirrels and Deer Ked-
Kaik -congrats on the PR's.
Flinch- neat photo of the elk.
SCW- Sorry about the self-employed woes.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Good deads today for 5/3/1. Hit 435x7 on the top set. Bumped my PR to 536. I need to take an extra week break at some point and try out my maxes to see what they really are.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Huge adjustment for me.  The emotional roller coaster is settling down, it's been just over a year since I quit my job.  I've now got three employees and just entering the slow time of year for housing, especially local stuff.  We just had our first big snowfall last weekend so my work on local houses and cabins will be gone really soon till spring.

My long term plans are like a week out, lol.
View Quote
I have a years worth of houses to build. And that's nice.  

It doesn't show here. That's very nice. Well it did snow here once a few years ago. Everything shut down for 3 days.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#26]

I have a years worth of houses to build. And that's nice.  

It doesn't show here. That's very nice. Well it did snow here once a few years ago. Everything shut down for 3 days.
View Quote
I bid on a fiber optic project in the high desert/Navajo/Hopi/Apache reservations in Arizona.  If I get it (which I think I'm in REALLY good shape for it) I'll be in great shape.  Hopefully it won't be much travel.  It's a 14 month project that will lead directly into another one.  I'd love to be down to three or four active projects instead of 25.

I drove through a snow and ice storm in Tennessee a few years ago.  It was the single most scary driving I've ever done, even if it was 'just an inch' of snow.  Funny how different the snow is in various parts of the county.  We can more or less drive on it here, it's wet and packs down well.  In Wisconsin it just moves around the tires, the plows, drifts and blows everywhere and makes a terrible mess.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#27]

I bid on a fiber optic project in the high desert/Navajo/Hopi/Apache reservations in Arizona.  If I get it (which I think I'm in REALLY good shape for it) I'll be in great shape.  Hopefully it won't be much travel.  It's a 14 month project that will lead directly into another one.  I'd love to be down to three or four active projects instead of 25.

I drove through a snow and ice storm in Tennessee a few years ago.  It was the single most scary driving I've ever done, even if it was 'just an inch' of snow.  Funny how different the snow is in various parts of the county.  We can more or less drive on it here, it's wet and packs down well.  In Wisconsin it just moves around the tires, the plows, drifts and blows everywhere and makes a terrible mess.  
View Quote
It either melts instantly here and makes the roads slippery.

Or it melts and turns the roads to ice for a few days. And makes the roads super slippery.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Had a good squat session

4x 3 kneeling box jumps, 5 225 back squats, 12 v-ups, 2:00 rest
3x 3 jump squats, 5 185 front squats, 1:30 plank, 2:00 rest

Tried visualizing some of the sets. The sets I visualized seemed to feel a little smoother than the other sets. I'll have to mess around with it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Had a good squat session

4x 3 kneeling box jumps, 5 225 back squats, 12 v-ups, 2:00 rest
3x 3 jump squats, 5 185 front squats, 1:30 plank, 2:00 rest

Tried visualizing some of the sets. The sets I visualized seemed to feel a little smoother than the other sets. I'll have to mess around with it.
View Quote
Cool sets and session. My body would be saying "wtf is going on" after the first set of that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:05:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Guys, I may buy the new Reebok Legacy lifters- they're supposed to be what the Romaleos 3 didn't turn out to be...

Would anyone be interested in my Adipower lifters, white 10.5? Used but not abused?
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Guys, I may buy the new Reebok Legacy lifters- they're supposed to be what the Romaleos 3 didn't turn out to be...

Would anyone be interested in my Adipower lifters, white 10.5? Used but not abused?
View Quote
I'm surprised how poopy the 3s apparently are
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes

I'm not sure they are really that bad, but they turned it into a crossfit/weightlifting shoe...which is fine, there's definitely a market for that. But now the guys who want t dedicated WL shoe will look elsewhere. Ironically, to Reebok who pioneered the crossover CF/WL shoe who are now making a worthy successor to the Romaleo 2s....

At any rate, I ordered the Legacies...I'll let you guys know how they are. If anyone is interested in the Adipowers I have, let me know.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#33]

I'm not sure they are really that bad, but they turned it into a crossfit/weightlifting shoe...which is fine, there's definitely a market for that. But now the guys who want t dedicated WL shoe will look elsewhere. Ironically, to Reebok who pioneered the crossover CF/WL shoe who are now making a worthy successor to the Romaleo 2s....

At any rate, I ordered the Legacies...I'll let you guys know how they are. If anyone is interested in the Adipowers I have, let me know.
View Quote
Did you get the sweet ass black and gold?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:54:57 PM EDT
[#34]
This counts as gains right?
Working on static holds of 7lbs 5oz.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:39:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Awwww. It's a baby.

Looks healthy. Congratulations. They are totally worth it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Flashover343:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/346272/IMG_20170929_160227_533-321125.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:11:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#38]
View All Quotes

Fuck no, do I look like an aspiring rapper? I got black and white

ETA- Congrats Flashover!

ETA2- I strict pressed 200# yesterday!
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
Congratulations!
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Fuck no, do I look like an aspiring rapper? I got black and white

ETA- Congrats Flashover!

ETA2- I strict pressed 200# yesterday!
View Quote
Aspiring storm trooper
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#41]
My wife is still very much struggling with the aftereffects of rhabdo. Very challenging for her.

On a brighter note, she was told Friday she got a major promotion and raise, which will help offset the hit we will take when I quit my job in January to attend nursing school, for which I received my conditional acceptance letter today.

Heady 48 hours for sure.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By flinch08:
My wife is still very much struggling with the aftereffects of rhabdo. Very challenging for her.

On a brighter note, she was told Friday she got a major promotion and raise, which will help offset the hit we will take when I quit my job in January to attend nursing school, for which I received my conditional acceptance letter today.

Heady 48 hours for sure.
View Quote
What is the recovery process for it? Glad other things are going well
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Time, rest, hydrate, lots of quality food, massage, and a gradual return to training. Gonna be slow.

Had her bow turned down to 30.8# which is the legal limit for shooting deer with fixed broadheads in SD.

She was able to shoot it, which is good.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 3:48:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nyalaman] [#45]
View Quote
congrats..badass.405 is you
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By flinch08:
Time, rest, hydrate, lots of quality food, massage, and a gradual return to training. Gonna be slow.

Had her bow turned down to 30.8# which is the legal limit for shooting deer with fixed broadheads in SD.

She was able to shoot it, which is good.
View Quote
good luck with both...hopefully she can bloody those broadheads.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#47]

good luck with both...hopefully she can bloody those broadheads.
View Quote
Thank you. We have a plan for the coming weekend.

Kaik is beastly.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Failed a 5 plate dead at my knees yesterday. I think the jump from 465 to 495 was too much. Shame. 
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
Congrats Flashover!  That's a great PR!

KaiK is closing in on 405, truly the world must be ending.    Nice lift, really low squat.

RoG, a 200lb strict!  That's about bodyweight, isn't it?  That's really a tough threshold, I hope to get there someday.  I hit 180 this year and haven't even been working on it since.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top