Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2002 9:29:47 AM EDT
I've struggled for years to get that huge vein going down the front of the bicep.  You know the one.  

I've come to realize that it is geneticly not going to happen.  

Instead, I have a "spiderweb" looking cluster of smaller viens.  I can see "the big one" at the bend in my elbow(makes it easy to draw blood), but then it disappears deeper inside my upper arm.

Who here is blessed with this bad-ass looking blood transportation device?

Consider yourself lucky...[:(]

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Not me.  Like you, I've got a great spiderweb of veins below the elbow, but not much visable above it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Just to clarify for vanity's sake, I have a "spiderweb" on my UPPER arm, and forearm.  But, no huge bulging one down the middle.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I have semi-big arms, and I ONCE had "the vein" just peeping its head out.  Of course, after not working out for over a month, and going to work at an Ice Cream shop...well, the vein has all but disappeared.
Trying to get it back by the time I make the BRC though (for all the ladies out there) [:D]

[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/JEWARM.JPG[/img]
[size=5][blue]JEWBRONI for MODERATOR[/blue][/size=5]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL!

I need to get a digital camera, if for no other reason than to show you up. [:D]

HEY, your left fist is pushing up your bicep is it not??? I see a good photoshop opportunity here.[}:)]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Personally, I prefer not to have my blood vessels sticking out where bad things can happen to them.  But that's just me. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Not me.....I like the milk,ice cream,+Ice mixed/blended whey protien shakes to much.........Im not that much of a BodBuilder/enthusiast that I restrict my diet that closely to be that vascular.That schwarzanegger guys got 'em!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Uhumm...I think you mean Schwarzenegger.  He is the man!  One of the top five men I admire, up there with Eugene Stoner.

Ya, its hard to stay that lean.  I don't eat really as good as I should, but I run enough and am young.  I have viens in my arms, some in my chest and lower abs, and a few in my calves.  Its really cool when I get out of a hot shower and they're bulging.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Since i get to spend a fair ammount of time in the gym with clients (personal trainer on the side) I overall have a pretty vascular body, great ones on the chest and shoulders, legs are not quite freeky, and my arms are a phlebotomist's dream. A lot of the trick is in the overall composition of your body, fat hides potential vascularity. Not saying you are fat dude, body fat let's them slip down away from the skin. Part of it is genetics too though.

After 13 years of soccer, and 3-5 miles a day on my own (3-4 days a week now), I have pretty well stripped the fat off of my body, so they got nowhere else to go.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:04:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:12:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a "Main Vein".......
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Main Entry: phle·bot·o·my
Pronunciation: fli-'bä-t&-mE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s):  plural -mies
Etymology: Middle English fleobotomie, from Middle French flebotomie, from Late Latin phlebotomia, from Greek, from phleb- + -tomia -tomy
Date: 14th century
: the letting of blood for transfusion, diagnosis, or experiment, and especially formerly in the treatment of disease — called also venesection

The Blood letting ritual of our forefathers. I almost bought a bloodletting knife in fair condition, 200 years of age, but the dollar per year value was a little more than my wallet would extend...   That was before Ebay and would probably bring 3 times that now.. [rolleyes]

Don't anyone let Ed (The Flex Man Avila) fool ya....  He doesn't know how not to flex.. It has something to Do with an overworked Nuro response triggering Muscle memory  when a camera is near..  Or, maybe he's just Vain. [;)]

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Vanity...definitely my favorite sin. [}:)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I got one, but it ain't on my arm.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

.....what you are still here?

Why don't you get on your mule and head across the border? [:D]

Come on Wolf man,admit it you are jealous because I eat better than you!

Better meat,fresh vegetables and succulent[b] fruit[/b] [;)]
View Quote

Ed, I am too poor to afford a Mule[:(] My Wolf is getting screwed by my Ram, My succulent fruit is Gone and my Gym member ship is going to waste... Yes I am Jealous!

I was home for Lunch, Just got in tonight.. and looking at 16 hours tomorrow... [rolleyes]
I shouldn't complain as too many are without work in Houston ... [shock]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Everyone has a cephalic vein. Some people just have a subcutaneous layer of fat obscurring it from view. ;)
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#18]
No luck with that vein here. Though in high school I had a mohawk, and friends said there was a vein along the side of my head when I did squats. :D

Does that mean I have better blood flow to my brain than people with arm veins? (That is what I tell myself anyway)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top