Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 2:42:13 AM EDT
yup fucking hate them, crowded too many guys working on their beach muscles and get in my way. not enough room to do circuits and listen to this shit, no kettlebells allowed in the gym only outside! wtF!! you want to do lunges, fuck no no room. you want to do squats only 3 racks beter hope its not squat day for the base. and little spouses stay away from my weights just stay on the cardio side shit!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#1]
It's no different in a civilian-side gym. I purposely go late at night or early in the morning to avoid such shenanigans.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:58:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's no different in a civilian-side gym. I purposely go late at night or early in the morning to avoid such shenanigans.

Good strategy.  When I was at Ft. Campbell, though, the gym closest to my barracks was always a ghost town.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I usually use the gym on the PoG side of post.  It's not as big but it is less crowded.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:02:37 AM EDT
[#4]
My unit has it's own little gym that I use.  It's small but there's enough stuff in there to get the job done if you get creative.  On the plus side it's also open 24/7.  The only downside is you're hard pressed to find 25lb plates in there...assclowns take them and put them in their rucks for weight and don't put them back.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
yup fucking hate them, crowded too many guys working on their beach muscles and get in my way. not enough room to do circuits and listen to this shit, no kettlebells allowed in the gym only outside! wtF!! you want to do lunges, fuck no no room. you want to do squats only 3 racks beter hope its not squat day for the base. and little spouses stay away from my weights just stay on the cardio side shit!

Every ass hole curles in squat rack...its not just a DOD thing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think you need to find a Crossfit gym, or start your own affiliate.

Best time to workout in any gym is early in the morning or on weekends before 1200.  It is the same here for my school gym.   At night, the squat racks are taken up by dudes doing power curls, sometimes with spotters.  I swear that their curl weight is higher than their max deadlift.

Anyway, there are many Crossfit horror stories about globogyms.   Seen at the Globo Yesterday Crossfit thread
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#7]
The worst ever is my local gym right after school lets out for the day. I avoid the gym at 4pm like the plague. 6-10 kids crowd around one piece of equipment so one of them can improperly work their biceps while the rest loiter, monkey with stuff, text, or pretend to execute MMA moves on each other.

The kids are also a little two interested in each others muscles. Its a little gay.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

My gym has only 1 squat rack.  Between the guys doing curls and shrugs I sometimes have to wait.  It really pisses me off when they set up for something other than squats and then go do some other exercise.  I sometimes want to pick up the bar and throw it across the room.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#9]
My university only has two squat racks for our entire student population

Of course they have a couple dozen machines to work every angle of the biceps.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

My gym has only 1 squat rack.  Between the guys doing curls and shrugs I sometimes have to wait.  It really pisses me off when they set up for something other than squats and then go do some other exercise.  I sometimes want to pick up the bar and throw it across the room.

The gym I go to now has 2 squat racks, and if you go after 5 both of them are normally taken.  One is taken by a group of guys every Thursday that shrug, the other is usually some personal trainer making someone do some light squats.  I can't say much to the shrug guys though, because they are doing 495+ and then doing rack pulls with the same weight for sets of 8.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The worst ever is my local gym right after school lets out for the day. I avoid the gym at 4pm like the plague. 6-10 kids crowd around one piece of equipment so one of them can improperly work their biceps while the rest loiter, monkey with stuff, text, or pretend to execute MMA moves on each other.

The kids are also a little two interested in each others muscles. Its a little gay.

thats the future!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats the future!

LOL don't get me started on that rant either.....

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My university only has two squat racks for our entire student population

Of course they have a couple dozen machines to work every angle of the biceps.

i love that too!

this gym is all about working our the chest, a stupid amount of chest press exercises are available
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top