Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
They  should have invested the time and money in the AR-180B. I mean they could make some fairly simpole mods and put a new EBR on the market. They need to take advantage of the end of the Assault Weapons Ban; add the folding stock, bayo lug, and flash hider. Maybe put the dust cover back on the upper and put a built in rail in it too.

Another CZ/Witness/Tangfolio is not impressive.

And if they did all that, you still would not buy it for then you would complain that it is now too expensive.

I think they are adding a flash suppressor on it at least.  I think it would look crappy with a flash hider on it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm, I'll be interested in seeing them.  If they can do something with a superior fit and finish, a la a Rock River Arms 1911 where they have a glassy action and smooth trigger, I'd be interested.  I have a Tangfolio Witness in .45 that is an absolutely wonderful pistol.  Works much nicer than my USP.45.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Yet another knock off of a knock off of a Hi Power.  [Shudder]

Let the AR and CZ battle it out.  Add the Indian/whoever's gonna get the Hi Power machinery be added here:___ join the fray.  Did I mention the Argentinians and Sarco?  And the Browning/FN?

So who copied who?  I'd just stick with the original
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#4]
much like the sphinx, i cant imagine these being any better than an actual CZ. they had better be price competitive.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:28:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They  should have invested the time and money in the AR-180B. I mean they could make some fairly simpole mods and put a new EBR on the market. They need to take advantage of the end of the Assault Weapons Ban; add the folding stock, bayo lug, and flash hider. Maybe put the dust cover back on the upper and put a built in rail in it too.

And if they did all that, you still would not buy it for then you would complain that it is now too expensive.

I think they are adding a flash suppressor on it at least.  I think it would look crappy with a flash hider on it.

Larry you just said I am adding the flash suppressor right now and will add a folder later. So other than the bayonette lug you want the same things on the rifle that I do, I said maybe on the dust cover. The dust cover isn't that big of a deal.

You want the same things on the AR180B I do. I don't care for an Aluminum or Steel lower. Nor do I care for a rail system. All I wanted to see was really two basic mods, the flash suppresor/hider and the folding stock. Both of which would have been cheaper to impliment than bringing out a whole new line of guns. And it's something folks who buy or would buy AR180B's would want. You are doing these mods to your rifle, and the factory could do it a lot cheaper. The factory could do the flash hider/suppresor and not make a major increase in the price of the gun, and it would be different from the AR15 platform.

Larry I don't know what connection you have to Armalite, I own an Armalite product.I would buy an AR180B if I could get the flash suppresor/hider and the folding stock. They could use an off the shelf ACE folding stock. I like the way they look. If they purchased the stocks and flash hiders in mass they would have a savings as opposed to the individual buying them and the factroy warranty would still apply. You have to cut the receiver to get the ACE stock to go on, which will void the warranty.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#6]
YAWN!!, another pistol that I'm not interested in.
By the way, There's lots o gun stores here in WA state, the wet side, and I've never seen an Armalite sitting on any of the racks!!.

Now if this pistol sells for the sub $350 price line, it may be worth a look, if its in the glock, sig, or HK territory, then why bother???
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree that asking over $400 for a basic CZ based pistol would be pushing it. I have nothing but respect for Armalite, but if I wanted a CZ, I'd buy a CZ.

I am wondering about the shotgun line. Hopefully it's not another item that's already imported under a different name.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Larry you just said I am adding the flash suppressor right now and will add a folder later. So other than the bayonette lug you want the same things on the rifle that I do, I said maybe on the dust cover. The dust cover isn't that big of a deal.

You want the same things on the AR180B I do. I don't care for an Aluminum or Steel lower. Nor do I care for a rail system. All I wanted to see was really two basic mods, the flash suppresor/hider and the folding stock. Both of which would have been cheaper to impliment than bringing out a whole new line of guns. And it's something folks who buy or would buy AR180B's would want. You are doing these mods to your rifle, and the factory could do it a lot cheaper. The factory could do the flash hider/suppresor and not make a major increase in the price of the gun, and it would be different from the AR15 platform.

Larry I don't know what connection you have to Armalite, I own an Armalite product.I would buy an AR180B if I could get the flash suppresor/hider and the folding stock. They could use an off the shelf ACE folding stock. I like the way they look. If they purchased the stocks and flash hiders in mass they would have a savings as opposed to the individual buying them and the factroy warranty would still apply. You have to cut the receiver to get the ACE stock to go on, which will void the warranty.

They are going to do both those things.  It is in the works.  I will be getting my folder from them.  I was told probably around mid-summer when it would be available and the rifles would start coming out in that configuration.

I am not sure, but I don't think you will have to cut the reciever to use the one they are going to do.  That's just the impression I get, but don't know for sure.

My remark was aimed at your comment about the dust cover and the rail.  I don't really care about those as you can get a mount from Stormwerkz that approximates a picatinny rail the length of the upper reciever.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Try Larry's Guns in Olympia  , he usually has one AR10 on the wall
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

their AR line of rifles certainly are not overinflated

According to ArmaLite's website their standard 20" M-15 A4 is $1,100.00. That's rediculously overpriced

As compared to who? Bushy has an MSRP on the same rifle of $1,095.00.

Armalite is a whole whopping 5 bucks more, shudder to think.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

their AR line of rifles certainly are not overinflated

According to ArmaLite's website their standard 20" M-15 A4 is $1,100.00. That's rediculously overpriced

As compared to who? Bushy has an MSRP on the same rifle of $1,095.00.

Armalite is a whole whopping 5 bucks more, shudder to think.

Hey, he can't spell "ridiculous", don't expect facts to matter.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I agree that asking over $400 for a basic CZ based pistol would be pushing it. I have nothing but respect for Armalite, but if I wanted a CZ, I'd buy a CZ.

I am wondering about the shotgun line. Hopefully it's not another item that's already imported under a different name.

Have you priced CZs lately?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm well aware of CZ's pricing. My point was that a pistol meant to replicate a CZ should not have a compareable asking price.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm well aware of CZ's pricing. My point was that a pistol meant to replicate a CZ should not have a compareable asking price.

I think that many will be surprised by how these turn out.  Let's wait and see before we condemn.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:07:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that many will be surprised by how these turn out.  Let's wait and see before we condemn.

If it's as good as the CZ without the 75B firing pin block, I'd pay it.  The pre-B CZ's were something special indeed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#16]
It looks like a Browning Hi-Power upper sitting on a CZ lower, but all and all it looks well made.  

I wish that Barrett took another look at importing a civilian version of the Tavor assault rifle (bullpup configuration) since it looks like Armalite is mining arms manufacturing abroad.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:38:28 AM EDT
[#17]
I feel that Trukey is NOT our ally and NOT our friend and should NOT be part of NATO. I feel that they are NOT European and should not NOT be in the EU. They are muslim and that is where their loyalty lies and their bread is buttered, not anywhere else and certainly not with us. Furthermore I am upset aobut their baseless and long continued invasion and occupation of Cyprus from back in the 70's lasting through to the present day and ongoing. Most people don't even know about that.

Fuck Turkey and Fuck their CZ rip off pistols.

Tsh77769
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:47:24 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Damn straight? The US would have loved to have Turkey's predominately muslim soldiers in Iraq, but the Iraqis were afraid they would fight with the Kurds. They were not refused because of anger over not allowing US troops into Turkey earlier in the war. Who do you think got Turkey to offer to send troops in the first place? Yeesh

Don't even get me going about turkey. I found more people in Riyadh SA who liked Americans than anywhere I went in turkey. Turks are nothing but money hungry perverts and blackmail artists who would lie to you're face while stabbing you in the back if they think they can make a dime. I could go on and on about turkey, but sufice to say I'd rather have somebody kick me in the jimmy than buy anything from turkey.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#19]
There is a very simple way around this.  If you don't like Turkey or anything else about these pistols, don't buy them.  No one else really cares what you think.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Didn't SA try putting out some CZ type of weapons a few years back?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
There is a very simple way around this.  If you don't like Turkey or anything else about these pistols, don't buy them.  No one else really cares what you think.

And you think anybody cares what you think      
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you think anybody cares what you think      

At least I don't go posting in a thread trashing someone's product like some kind of spoiled child.  If you don't like the product or aren't interested, that's fine.  If you prefer some other brand, that's fine too.  But you come here spewing your bullshit that no one cares about.

I promise there are a lot more people in this board that care what I think than give a shit about you.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Any pics yet?  I mean pics of the actual product....  not someone posting pics to CZ or the Turkish products.  I'd like to see what Armalite offers...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Don't even get me going about turkey. I found more people in Riyadh SA who liked Americans than anywhere I went in turkey. Turks are nothing but money hungry perverts and blackmail artists who would lie to you're face while stabbing you in the back if they think they can make a dime. I could go on and on about turkey, but sufice to say I'd rather have somebody kick me in the jimmy than buy anything from turkey.

Then Turkey is pretty bad, because we were not well received at all when we visited Saudi Arabia.  Good enough reason for me to avoid buying this product line, and also encouraging others to boycott Armalite.  I was about to purchase a new Armalite carbine, but their Turkish affair has convinced me to buy from another company.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then Turkey is pretty bad, because we were not well received at all when we visited Saudi Arabia.  Good enough reason for me to avoid buying this product line, and also encouraging others to boycott Armalite.  I was about to purchase a new Armalite carbine, but their Turkish affair has convinced me to buy from another company.  

Yeah, right.  You don't own an ArmaLite and this "purchase a new ArmaLite carbine" is just so much hot air.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Just because I don;t like Turkey does not mean that I don;t like Armalite. Furthermore, I hold nothing against Armalite for their efforts and wish them success. Boycotting them for this reason, I feel, is silly. I simply won;t buy one of the Turkish pistols.

Don't boycott Armalite.

Tsh77769
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:39:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Any pics yet?  I mean pics of the actual product....  not someone posting pics to CZ or the Turkish products.  I'd like to see what Armalite offers...

yea what is the hold up kick down with some pictures of the damn pistol already,
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:50:38 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Yeah, right.  You don't own an ArmaLite and this "purchase a new ArmaLite carbine" is just so much hot air.

You’d better not go full time at the psychic hotline.  

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:19:46 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Isn't being a consumer great? Thats how we can flex power. There are several companies that I refuse to buy anything from (parent companies as well) for various reasons, we all have them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You’d better not go full time at the psychic hotline.  

One doesn't need to be a psychic to figure out people like you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Definitley a CZ-75. You can buy a real CZ-75 made by CZ for less $$$ probably.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

At least I don't go posting in a thread trashing someone's product like some kind of spoiled child.  If you don't like the product or aren't interested, that's fine.  If you prefer some other brand, that's fine too.  But you come here spewing your bullshit that no one cares about.

I promise there are a lot more people in this board that care what I think than give a shit about you.

You might want to go back and read what I posted instead of inserting foot into mouth & calling me names.

So it's bullshit saying something about turkey that does not meat you're aproval??

You might want to check you're ego and inflated self worth at the door instead of trying to brag about how important you are    
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted: Hey, he can't spell "ridiculous", don't expect facts to matter.

Sounds like a personal attack to me and a violation of the COC.

Please keep to the subject instead of attacking other members.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Just because I don;t like Turkey does not mean that I don;t like Armalite. Furthermore, I hold nothing against Armalite for their efforts and wish them success. Boycotting them for this reason, I feel, is silly. I simply won;t buy one of the Turkish pistols.

Don't boycott Armalite.

Tsh77769

Bingo, that's it in a nutshell, I'll purchase another Armalite (have 2) rifle, but will never consider purchasing a pistol made by muslems that shit on America.

Anybody seen the huge anti American movie Turkey just produced??

However, I guess it's great to bash the UAE about taking over American ports but not to bask muslums who are making and selling weapons to Americans.

Thanks to Uncle Sam I have spent some time in Al  Dhafra (Abu Dhabi) and was treated better than in turkey. After living/working/dealing with these people I'd sooner trust anybody from the UAE than a turk.

Who knows where the money from those pistols are going?? Could it be to help muslem terrorists??
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Any news on the shotgun line?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

How long have you felt this way?  

How does this make you feel?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How long have you felt this way?  

How does this make you feel?

I don't feel so small that I have to go into threads concerning manufacturers that I don't like and spew bullshit.

It makes me feel superior to you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I don't feel so small that I have to go into threads concerning manufacturers that I don't like and spew bullshit.

So sorry you need to feel superior to somebody, but then again people with small man syndrome have to find any excuse so they "feel" greater, better, and superior to everybody else.

Does it hurt when others laugh at you
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted: Hey, he can't spell "ridiculous", don't expect facts to matter.

Sounds like a personal attack to me and a violation of the COC.

Please keep to the subject instead of attacking other members.

If you think that is a personal attack, you ain't seen nothing.  "keep to the subject"?????????  From you, the one who came in here bashing Turkey without mentioning the pistols.  Right.

You are hilarious.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You might want to go back and read what I posted instead of inserting foot into mouth & calling me names.

So it's bullshit saying something about turkey that does not meat you're aproval??

You might want to check you're ego and inflated self worth at the door instead of trying to brag about how important you are    

I read exactly what you posted.   This is a thread about ArmaLite's new pistols.  You interjecting your meaningless bullshit into it, so anyone with a brain would connect it to the pistols in question.

Yes, it's bullshit.  You don't like Turkey, fine.  That is NOT the subject here.  The subject is the pistols, not your dislike for Turkey.  You are the one sticking your foot in your mouth with this meaningless drivel.

If anyone has an overinflated self worth, it is you.  You come spewing your bullshit about Turkey as if others are going to listen to you and make their decision based on your nonsense.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So sorry you need to feel superior to somebody, but then again people with small man syndrome have to find any excuse so they "feel" greater, better, and superior to everybody else.

Does it hurt when others laugh at you

When it is someone like you, not it doesn't hurt one bit.  I don't NEED to feel superior to someone, but some of you make it very easy to do so.

Small man syndrome?  Gee, aren't we the philosopher.

This thread is about ArmaLite's pistols.  No one with a brain gives a flying fuck how you feel about Turkey.  You must have some kind of syndrome yourself since you felt compelled to shit on this thread.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

What you are saying is that you feel superior to me?  What does “feeling superior” mean to you?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:53:16 AM EDT
[#43]
A boycott, over a gun offering?

How fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:14:58 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
... but will never consider purchasing a pistol made by muslems that shit on America.

Taking some mighty big leaps of faith here, huh?  You do know that there are Turkish Christians, and Jews, and agnostics, etc......?

Anybody seen the huge anti American movie Turkey just produced??

....in what world is this "on topic" as you wish others to stay?

However, I guess it's great to bash the UAE about taking over American ports but not to bask muslums who are making and selling weapons to Americans.

How many different ways can you misspell Muslim?  What does the UAE or American ports have to do with this thread?  

Thanks to Uncle Sam I have spent some time in Al  Dhafra (Abu Dhabi) and was treated better than in turkey. After living/working/dealing with these people I'd sooner trust anybody from the UAE than a turk.

Your personal prejudices notwithstanding, what does all this have to do with Armalite and some new guns they are offering?  Seriously, maybe you should adjust your tinfoil and take your meds as this is a little more intense than you need to be over something you admittedly will never buy.

Who knows where the money from those pistols are going?? Could it be to help muslem terrorists??

Who really knows how to spell Muslim?  What do you think the probability is that the money is going to fund Muslim terrorists?  Seriously though, what does this have to do with this thread?

If you want to conjure up conspiracy theories and suddenly link Mark Westrom and his company to Usama bin Laden, feel free, but do it while shitting in someone else's thread -- maybe one about Muslim terrorists or government plots or some other wacky topic like that.

What a clusterfuck of a thread this has become!!  Over a fucking firearm announcement???

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:50:57 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Isn't being a consumer great? Thats how we can flex power. There are several companies that I refuse to buy anything from (parent companies as well) for various reasons, we all have them.

This is the most sensible reply in this whole topic.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:21:13 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What you are saying is that you feel superior to me?  What does “feeling superior” mean to you?

You figure it out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:26:31 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Yet another knock off of a knock off of a Hi Power 1911.  [Shudder]

Let the AR and CZ Colt and copiers battle it out.  

So who copied who?  I'd just stick with the original

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.   Ya gotta think of it like this, the CZ design is to Europe what the 1911 is over here.  I can think of almost a dozen 1911 clones, yet I don't see people bitching that 'oh, it's just another 1911 copy' very much.  Some of the clones are VERY nice pistols.  I'd say MOST 1911 clones are very nice guns, with a few being a little substandard.  

CZ makes nice guns.  My favorite handgun is my CZ75B right now.  I'm thinking about getting a 97B in the not-too-distant future.  I did get to handle a Sphinx at the fun store last weekend, and it was a VERY nice copy of the CZ pistol.  I'd have wanted to buy it, but it was .40, and $999 used.  

I think these new pistols look quite nice.  I'd love to see them come out with a CZ97 clone, then maybe, with some competition, CZ prices will either go down, or not go up (at least for a while).  

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:40:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:49:04 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I feel that Trukey is NOT our ally and NOT our friend and should NOT be part of NATO. I feel that they are NOT European and should not NOT be in the EU. They are muslim and that is where their loyalty lies and their bread is buttered, not anywhere else and certainly not with us. Furthermore I am upset aobut their baseless and long continued invasion and occupation of Cyprus from back in the 70's lasting through to the present day and ongoing. Most people don't even know about that.

Fuck Turkey and Fuck their CZ rip off pistols.

Tsh77769

Sounds like someone might have some Greek ancestry..
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

You figure it out.

You are asking me to figure out how you feel?  Do you think other people can read your thoughts?  How do you think someone else could understand your feelings?  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top