Posted: 11/21/2005 8:24:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 9:08:33 AM EDT
I told Shoeless... I tried. Oh well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 9:13:54 AM EDT
Dupe!
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 9:17:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 9:36:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2005 9:37:13 AM EDT by u-baddog]
The 9mm pistol looks good for what it is.
With the pic's on the splash page I bet Bushmaster is going see to some sales just from that advertising.

Bushmasters Ad money well spent.

Link Posted: 11/21/2005 9:47:48 AM EDT
I can't believe you guys are calling dupe on GoatBoy!
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 10:04:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:

Seriously. Get a grip.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 11:29:30 AM EDT
What is the predicted IN STORE cost on these..bushmaster usually inflates the price a bit on thier site.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 12:33:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:

It was a once in a life time
Serious though that rifle would be an excellent starting point of a SBR.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 4:51:12 PM EDT
Anyone have any info on 20 round 9mm mags to make this Maryland legal? I'm not "supposed" to have 30 round mags here
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 7:12:53 PM EDT
I have the older carbon pistol in .223. Since its a marked pistol lower you can use any length upper you want. I bought a new 11 1/2 inch one for much better balistics. Add my BETA mag, a single point sling with a front grip and an OKO red dot and you can sure lay down some fire.
Its just a toy but tons of fun...
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 6:23:34 PM EDT
I guess there is a market for everything, but how many times do companies have to release things that are just junk... A Carbon 15 in 9, same concept as the SP89, without any additions (vertical grip, stock or single point sling, burst capabilities/ I did'nt say FA all the time just the option) they are worthless. Sorry for blasting it guys but they asked for opinions. At least with the normal 223 Carbon 15 you have a balistic advantage (a loud one) over a common enemy. With this terminal balistics are horrible without multiple hits (remember why the 9 was invented, multiple hits/subgun theory 1940's). But with this ugly duckling there is nothing to gain over a pistol. If you are one of those guys who needs a twenty round stick mag of 9's and a dot to feel cool then great, as for the rest of us I think we will just make do with a single stack of 45's or 10's. As for the LE world they are not gonna want this either I don't know how many dept.'s are trading in their 635's and MP5's for Sig's, G36K&C's or M4's. And the 635's and MP5's had the cool evil additions. The hayday of 9mm wannabe subguns is over, give it a rest. Sorry for the roast.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 12:29:47 PM EDT
9mm subguns sure are fun to shoot, and the pistol version of this one grabbed me with the photo. I like the neoprene over the buffer tube, the full-length Picatinny rail with sights and just the looks in general. Plus, the polymer frame would probably be nice and light for maneuvering.

My reservations are the MSRP, the fact that it takes Bushmaster polymer mags instead of commonly available Sten or Uzi mags (perhaps understandably, since you don't really want to shove a steel mag up into a polymer frame), and the fact that (as LR 308 says) this really won't do anything that my Glock 19 with the big-stick mags won't already do (and I can load in a regular mag and actually conceal the G19 . . .).

I fear these reservations will probably keep me from getting one. Great looking little gun, though.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:48:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By m-dc:

OK, time for a stupid question.
Is there a legality issue with doing an SBR with a registered pistol. It would just make more sense to me to just add a stock to the pistol and bingo ya got a SBR, after you get your stamp of course.

The one issue I have with the pistol is the front 203 style grip. It doesn't look like you have the option of putting a picitinny style free float tube on the front to mount accessories like a vertical grip and flashlight.

Eh?
Hoser8100
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:57:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hoser8100:

Originally Posted By m-dc:

OK, time for a stupid question.
Is there a legality issue with doing an SBR with a registered pistol. It would just make more sense to me to just add a stock to the pistol and bingo ya got a SBR, after you get your stamp of course.

The one issue I have with the pistol is the front 203 style grip. It doesn't look like you have the option of putting a picitinny style free float tube on the front to mount accessories like a vertical grip and flashlight.

Eh?
Hoser8100

Honestly with a reg pistol I dont know if a stock can be added, but if it begins life as a rifle in MN. it can be SBR'ed

You can float that bad boy hovever you want weather pistol of rifle.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:41:08 PM EDT
Personally I think the 9mm pistol looks great I have been playing with one at my local gun store and waiting for the gun shop owner to give feedback. He keep one of the first two pistols that came in for himself. So far he has fired about 750rds throught carbon 9mm pistol not one jam or problem yet. He also says it will print 2.5 inch groups at 50 yards with trijion reflex sight and 124gr 9mm ammo, try to do that with your 9mm glock. I like the 9mm in a subgun/pistol style over the 223 mainly because of the noise the 223 makes out of the short barrel. Its unreal load and a huge fireball comes out during daylight. At night it would be blinding.vAlso the 223 looses alot of FPS out of a 7.5inch barrel but yes it is still a power house. A 9mm is fun to shoot,ammo is cheap, and yes a good modern 9mm +p HP well placed will put you flat on your back and send you to heaven in the express lane. I really don't what to get shot by anything myself even a 25acp would make me run like you were chaseing me with a rocket launcher! I think I will end up buying the 9mm pistol and doing the ATF paper work and convert it to a SBR subgun. It would be light, short and fun to shoot . Whats wrong with that? The only draw back to me is the carbon thing I guess I am old school and like the feel of metal!
Top Top