Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2016 9:23:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Man those look awesome!!!    Now I need to win that lottery so I can afford those binos
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 11:21:22 PM EDT
[#2]

C'mon Powerball
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 11:27:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell ya...I need to win the lottery
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 1:04:08 AM EDT
[#4]
So white phosphor are the go-to tubes for TNVC now?
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 3:18:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Cyan is the new green for NV it seems.  This stuff should be getting cheaper, not more expensive Come onnnn powerball!
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 4:02:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Will you offer tubes separate to retrofit existing systems at some point?

DWC
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 1:34:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC] [#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 1:37:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#9]
reading the description, it states the tube is rated for heavy calibers but the pvs-14 is not, has there been any testing to see what the lifespan of one of these is on a ar-10 in 308?  this has been keeping me from buying for years.i have a few 5.56 guns but I don't use them much I prefer a 308 for the extra it brings to the table.
this seems to be a step in the right direction to a heavy duty pvs-14 but I'd really love to see one rated for mounting to a 308. that would bring my wallet out

pete

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By icecold1:
reading the description, it states the tube is rated for heavy calibers but the pvs-14 is not, has there been any testing to see what the lifespan of one of these is on a ar-10 in 308?  this has been keeping me from buying for years.i have a few 5.56 guns but I don't use them much I prefer a 308 for the extra it brings to the table.
this seems to be a step in the right direction to a heavy duty pvs-14 but I'd really love to see one rated for mounting to a 308. that would bring my wallet out

pete

View Quote

If you want to weapon mount a NV scope on a .308 and you're good with the $4k range, you should really be looking at magnified dedicated Gen3 scopes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Curious as to what the tube lifespan is on the filmless vs thin filmed tubes?
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#13]
What are the typical specs?
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Yikes, 10 large.

Thats a nice piece of kit, but I will have to stick with my old anvis9s for the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 8:59:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: night9] [#15]
What kind of specs are typical on these? Are they the "chrome" tubes?
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:41:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: leo84] [#16]
Also you guys put this in the description on the filmless pvs-14...might want to fix that.

L3 is one of two factory manufacturers of Gen3 image intensifier tubes in the United States. They provide the majority of goggle systems used by U.S. Special Operations Forces. L3 tubes are designed to be weapons-rated and feature a thicker film to protect them from recoil shock. These tubes are weapons rated for heavy calibers. However, the PVS-14 housing is not. PVS-14’s and other NVG’s are designed to be worn on the head 99% of the time. Their lightweight polymer housings are designed to stand up to heavy caliber weapon shock. We recommend limiting weapon mount applications to 300 Blackout and smaller.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:44:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By night9:
What kind of specs are typical on these? Are they the "chrome" tubes?
View Quote

So it looks like a yes on the chrome thing-

OPTICAL:—————————————————-Generation:Gen3 U.S. L-3 Un-Filmed White PhosphorIntensifier Tubes:L-3 MX10160 Chrome Un-Filmed White Phosphor (x2)
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I've used PVS31s with WP and it is amazing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Would also be interested on projected tube life on these. If I remember correctly the thin filmed tubes were significantly shorter than the original gen3 tubes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 6:10:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: itstock] [#21]
Originally Posted By NoScoE30:
View Quote

I don't know, this time last year all of the TNVC fans were saying that "ghost" and "white phosphor" were junk and to not waste money on them.  

FWIW, I like my white phosphor night vision better than my traditional green.  To MY eyes, and in MY opinion, it's easier to see/less harsh on the eyes.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 1:25:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC] [#22]
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 4:27:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: itstock] [#24]
Originally Posted By TNVC:

Sorry we never said they were JUNK!   What we have said for YEARS is WPT does not give a distinct advantage over the color green. What advantage they do have is due to the filmless technology over the standard green filmed.

Some Mil guys who sit on NODS for hours on end (longer than I will ever use them) say it's more pleasing to their eyes for long periods with less eye strain. Some say they can see a bit better contrast and in the shadows better. I for one do not see any better in these aspects (never have) with the color alone, but in extremely dark conditions, it's the filmless technology that is the largest improvement over standard film NOT the color.

Hope this helps.

Vic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TNVC:
Originally Posted By itstock:
Originally Posted By NoScoE30:

I don't know, this time last year all of the TNVC fans were saying that "ghost" and "white phosphor" were junk and to not waste money on them.  

FWIW, I like my white phosphor night vision better than my traditional green.  To MY eyes, and in MY opinion, it's easier to see/less harsh on the eyes.

Sorry we never said they were JUNK!   What we have said for YEARS is WPT does not give a distinct advantage over the color green. What advantage they do have is due to the filmless technology over the standard green filmed.

Some Mil guys who sit on NODS for hours on end (longer than I will ever use them) say it's more pleasing to their eyes for long periods with less eye strain. Some say they can see a bit better contrast and in the shadows better. I for one do not see any better in these aspects (never have) with the color alone, but in extremely dark conditions, it's the filmless technology that is the largest improvement over standard film NOT the color.

Hope this helps.

Vic

Sorry for the confusion, you guys did NOT say that, just some of your closest fans on this forum.  Again, I really do agree with those stating it is  easier on the eyes.  IMO, it's worth a try for those who doubt it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Just got in my TNV/PVS-14 with L3 Un-filmed WP today. Very clean tube with no visible blems.

S/N 27.9
Res 64LP(Seems higher at first glance, center is very sharp)
Halo 0.9

Will be running it later tonight see how it compares to my other L3 tube, similar specs of 27.8 S/N and 64LP.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:42:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Is the life span of the L3 filmless tunes the same as the L3 thin film tunes?
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't know if this is been covered elsewhere and sorry to revive an old thread!  (but hey no worries because white phosphor is awesome right?!)   I looked around a bit and didn't find anything.  

Does the filmless white phosphor offer any other advantages other that what was mentioned (easier on the eyes, and better light gathering in low light) such as durability?  Also, I'm just learning about NV right now and saw that most regular pvs14, if weapon mounted, only are rated to 5.56.  This doesn't seem like much to me?  Makes me question the durability (ie what if i bump into a tree at night??)
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I've not had a chance to try any WP units. How does the 'purple vision' compare to using a green NVD?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top