Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2017 1:47:47 PM EDT
What is a good manual guag? All the digitals appear to have mixed reviews, i'd like this to be a do it all, pistol riger single and two stage.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The Wheeler version (LINK) seems simple & effective.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#3]
An empty milk jug, a coat hanger and a kitchen scale.  Clamp the rifle upright, add water to the jug connected to the trigger by the coat hanger until the hammer snaps and then weigh the jug on the scale.  Costs zip and only one trial is required for an accurate measurement instead of averaging a bunch of trials with a spring gauge.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had a Lyman for years, it's been reliable.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:27:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zach_] [#6]
My wheeler is consistent, has the peak weight stopper, but is 8oz. off. I used a fish scale rigged up that was more accurate. I test with packaged/weighed grocery store meats and sides. I still use the Wheeler and take off the 1/2 lb. I use it  for pool chemicals. The 8 ounce error is consistent across the entire range of the scale.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:10:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CapnCrusty:
An empty milk jug, a coat hanger and a kitchen scale.  Clamp the rifle upright, add water to the jug connected to the trigger by the coat hanger until the hammer snaps and then weigh the jug on the scale.  Costs zip and only one trial is required for an accurate measurement instead of averaging a bunch of trials with a spring gauge.
View Quote
I did the same just with stainless steel pins lol. Only needed to check one or two rifles so did it that way
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:08:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:

Seriously? LOL That is a ton of work and I would have my trigger weight before you got done clamping the rifle. A $20 trigger gauge is a good investment.
View Quote
If this is a "ton" of work to you, then you must consider breathing to be labor intensive.

How much labor must you perform to clear $20.00?
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top