Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2016 4:34:53 PM EDT
I'm attempting to complete a Rem/age conversion and I just need a smith that will order a new bolt and true the new bolt and action (face only, no thread modification).  I know a few of you have completed Rem/age builds.  Who did you use?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Found a smith with a reputation for the work needed and more than happy to help.  I guess this can be locked.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Care to list this 'smith's name so others can be aware of him?
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I was going to but decided to wait until someone asks.  I contacted Phoenix Custom Rifles and they pretty much said they're the perfect people for the job and have experience with Remage conversions specifically.  The hardest part has been finding a smith that would true the action and bolt WITHOUT touching the receiver threads.  Additionally, they offer a pretty quick turnaround of about a week (subject to change).  Now I just need to get a bolt ordered as my action was purchased from Remington without one.  Supposedly PTG is a victim of their own success and QC has been slipping for a while...but they seem to be the only option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top