Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2016 8:45:28 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I couldn't find anything on this so here goes... I was wondering what the cost would be to have a gunsmith assemble a Remington 700, or any gun for that matter, assuming that I already have all of the parts, just the cost for labor for assembling everything.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:27:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: borderpatrol] [#1]
It depends. Do you have a Remington take-off barrel or a new barrel blank that needs all the machining done?

Most gunsmiths post their prices on their websites. The best ones are not cheap, the bad ones (usually local yocals) shouldn't be used.

If just want a hunting rifle and don't want any of the usual accuracy upgrades (truing the receiver and bolt face and lapping the lugs) and have all the parts and they fit it won't break the bank. If they have to do all the machining to the barrel blank - profile, crown, thread, chamber and headspace you're looking at $400 or more.

I have hired simple projects out to local gunsmiths and they have on occasion butchered my firearms. I use "nationally known" nowadays and am happy to pay the premium. Wait times are always longer than I like, but the finished product is perfect.

Gre-Tan Rifles

Ken Warner

Alex Sitman

Dwight Scott

Depending what you need done, these guys rock. A lot of other top names are sure to do a great job. www.accurateshooter.com has a list of their gunsmith "top picks", you can't go wrong with any of them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I've used Karl Feldkamp with with great success (http://www.kampfeldcustom.com/index.html).  This guy truly takes pride in his work. First time I had him cerakote a Rem. 700 and got a call a week after I had picked it up just to make sure I was satisfied with the work and hadn't found any blemishes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top