Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2017 4:50:12 PM EDT
Has anyone seen a math model for the acceleration curve a bullet sees after detonation and before exiting the muzzle?

I've been working on math modeling the time it takes for a bullet to go from the chamber to the muzzle.     So far, I've just assumed a constant acceleration.   I use that because the math is easy and I don't have any better approximation of the acceleration curve.

My final goal is to be able to predict a muzzle velocity  that will have the bullet exiting the muzzle when the muzzle is at a harmonic minimum node.

I've googled this but no luck so far.

thanks
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:58:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TeeRex] [#1]
use quick load.  There are way too many factors going into this to use a simple formula.  Bullet weight, Bearing surface, Powder burn rate, bore and groove surface area.

Quickload will run all that stuff.

Easiest way is load up 10 rounds at .2 increments and look for flat spots.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think that will work for you because powder burn rates are not really fixed. Different conditions determine  average burn rate.

In all my different loads with one powder the burn rate varies greatly when matching MV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top