Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2017 11:23:52 AM EDT
I have a Savage 110/111 300 WM. I was going to go with an AR style, but the cost is way out there. The best thing I can do is to start improving my rifle that I have now. I am not worried about the kick. I actually enjoy it. However, I want to be able to get back on target quickly. This is where a break may be needed.

I wanted to add a threaded barrel to the gun. But the cost that I have found so far is over $150. Then I would have to buy the break.  I have done a search online and have not really found any thoughts on the clamp down breaks themselves. I have searched this site and found two pages (different posters) but again, not a lot there to go on. 

So, I am needing to know if you have used them, are they any good? Do they stand up to the abuse? What are your suggestions. I would like to hear if your thoughts are to go this route or to get a threaded barrel or not. Money is a factor and I am doing the best that I can with the money that I have. 

If you have any links, better ideas of having it machined or even deals that you know of with a company trying to sell them outright, I would love to know about that as well. Thanks in advanced for all the help. 
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I did run across them. Does it seem to hold tight and are there any issues or things you would do differently?
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:42:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jarem08] [#3]
BTW, looks good. To get your measurements did you use a caliper?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top