Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2017 2:10:16 PM EDT
Its about time i  put a trainer rifle together. I'm thinking something along the lines of a 17hmr, would that be a poor decision? I figure I might as well ask and actually learn something before I just jump into doing things. Any suggestions on brands, calibers? And I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible, I mean buying rifle throwing the scope on and calling it a day. That is unless I find a needed upgrades, we're get suggestions on what should be done. Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#1]
You can go with the 17hmr, after about 4 boxes of ammo you will wish you went with a 22 but hey, that is your prerogative.
I dont know why anyone would buy a training rifle in anything BUT 22. Ammo cost and much cheaper.
Hard to beat a Ruger 10/22.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:03:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Euronymous] [#2]
I actually built a 10/22 a few years back.
Tac sol Barrel, Hogue stock,dsa sweet 22 scope. Maybe add some internals for the hell of it. I was thinking of maybe a Savage with accutrigger that's much nicer. And it but have a bit more punch to it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 2:27:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I love my 17HMR thing is stupid accurate and the grim reaper for squirrels. Very flat shooting round, and the ammo isn’t TOO expensive, about 2x as much as 22lr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top