Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2017 10:04:22 AM EDT
I have the option to get a Manfrotto 3021bn for $50.  It comes with the ball mount.  I tried doing some research to see if this would be a good tripod to shoot my Remington 700 and Ar15 off of.  I wasn't able to find anything.  Any input would be appreciated.  Mostly concerned about it being able to handle the weight.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Beerman14:
I have the option to get a Manfrotto 3021bn for $50.  It comes with the ball mount.  I tried doing some research to see if this would be a good tripod to shoot my Remington 700 and Ar15 off of.  I wasn't able to find anything.  Any input would be appreciated.  Mostly concerned about it being able to handle the weight.

Thanks
View Quote

Hard to tell as your ballhead will probably be the limiting factor. Even without the ballhead, it will be a bit shaky when extended. I think they were only designed for a little over 10 pounds static load.

If you want strong/cheap, look at a used Induro 114/214/314 on ebay or whatever. Most of them are rated to 30lbs and far more solid than the lighter manfrottos that you will find at a similar price.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#2]
These are rock solid tripods that were originally designed for photography. I have the  original Bogen 3021 B Pro (before Manfrotto bought them out) and It will hold a camera steady for 5 minutes in the middle of a thunderstorm. My ball head is capable of holding 70 lbs
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#3]
This photo was taken using that tripod in the middle of the storm. I think it was about a 12 minute exposure and the wind was blowing like crazy. It held the camera rock solid all that time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top