Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2016 5:28:16 PM EDT
Ok Before anyone says it I know a old sock filled with rice will work I don't want to use that so please don't say just use that. I'm looking for a simple rear bag and was looking at either the crosstac or the wiebad loop bag. Does anyone have any expierence with either of these? I'm mostly going to just be using this bag in the prone and from the bench. Thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've not used the ones you listed, but will say that the RedTac round bag from Triad, and little wedge from Triad are my two go to bags.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Multi-G:
I've not used the ones you listed, but will say that the RedTac round bag from Triad, and little wedge from Triad are my two go to bags.
View Quote

I use the midway brand bags have a wedge, small and large bag.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a SAP run and gun.  It's three heights and you can cinch the strap on it somtou don't have to squeeze it much.  It's also useful for much more than that.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I will add this, for traditional stocks I tend to use the wedge more, I like the way it slides easily to adjust.  I find that it allows nice precise adjustments without having to squeeze the bag much.  With a chassis which lacks the angle to adjust the wedge against, I tend to use the round bag a lot more.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TeeRex:
I use a SAP run and gun.  It's three heights and you can cinch the strap on it somtou don't have to squeeze it much.  It's also useful for much more than that.
View Quote

Can also recommend this. Very versatile bag, useful as a rear bag and I also use it strapped around the scope and stock as a barricade support during matches. Also look into SAP's Lightweight Rear Bag, literally weighs nothing and comes with a qd swivel so you can snap into your stock and not lose it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I like a Protektor Model 13, it's leather and has "bunny ears" that hold the buttstock without pinching it
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By tweeter:
I like a Protektor Model 13, it's leather and has "bunny ears" that hold the buttstock without pinching it
View Quote

Same here.  I like the smaller bunny-ears and use sand because I like the solid feel and I only use rear bag & front rest when I am at the range.  I shoot my bipod without a bag.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Multi-G:
I will add this, for traditional stocks I tend to use the wedge more, I like the way it slides easily to adjust.  I find that it allows nice precise adjustments without having to squeeze the bag much.  With a chassis which lacks the angle to adjust the wedge against, I tend to use the round bag a lot more.
View Quote

Agreed. It's the reason I prefer the traditional stock profile and a wedge. Even a round bag works well with a traditional stock. I do not like butt hook stocks and will be ditching the McMillan A5 for a Manners T2A on my Rem 700.

For bags, I like the Triad wedge (small and large) and the Red Tac round bag.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:59:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Tag for later
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:30:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DeutschFNG] [#10]
My first try on a DIY bag. Sewing made by Immigrant Tailor in the hood (TM) for a fistful of coins.
Works perfect. Super sexy unique Flecktarn. More $ spare for ammo. Will probably do another one twice as big.

Link Posted: 2/10/2017 4:45:27 AM EDT
[#11]
A sock with plastic beads works well for me and was about $2
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Warhorse Development has some awesome bags.  Several different styles from rectangular to beer can shape.  They're pretty legit.  If I remember I'll post a picture of mine.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I've always used an old-ish (no holes) sock with rice.

I'm considering buying or making one now that I can't seem to find the rice-sock.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:44:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#14]
Wiebad cube off Amazon for $35 has been gold

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I really like the Red Tac bag I picked up from Triad so far.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I should have thought to include this before.
ADC Rear Bag Basics

It's a simple article looking at various rear bags.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I like the tube and wedge style for traditional stocks and the bigger rectangular bags for AR's and chassis

Triad and Armageddon gear are my go to brands
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I really like my AMS rear bag from DSG Arms  $15.00

I have used mine a lot with multiple types of rifles and stock on concrete, wood, and dirt.  No issues yet.

Link -->  https://dsgarms.com/ams51000
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By DeutschFNG:
My first try on a DIY bag. Sewing made by Immigrant Tailor in the hood (TM) for a fistful of coins.
Works perfect. Super sexy unique Flecktarn. More $ spare for ammo. Will probably do another one twice as big.

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af341/DeutschFNG/DSCN2075.jpg
View Quote
That is pretty cool looking!
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 10:47:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Anything from Wiebad, SAC, or Tab Gear will be more than you ever need.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:41:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I've got a couple of different bunny bags, one suede and the others heavy cotton/canvas. Sand filled. Nice if you don't have to fiddle much to get the elevation you want and very stable.

My favorite is a squeezebag made from two GI socks one inside the other and tied off with paracord. Filled with those plastic poly beads from the craft store they use to make dolls and crap. Works well for me the last couple decades and still resides in my shooting bag.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#22]
It’s been a while since this thread was posted but the game changer is now my go to rear bag.  It go to the point where is was taking 5 bags to match and not I carry two. 
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Tag for later
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top