Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2016 10:01:00 PM EDT
Basically what the title says.  Would like to use the sling attachment on the buttstock section, and then an MLOK sling attachment of some sort on the front.  I am new to bolt guns, so be gentle....
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:29:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Being a bolt gun, I'd say 100% 2 point sling.

I'd buy a Blue Force Gear Vickers padded sling and add a Magpul paraclip to the forward end. MLOK Paraclip sling mount up front and loop it through the sling attachment point on the butt of the stock.

The Vickers sling is super easy to quick adjust, so transitions from stowed on your back to ready will be easy.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:45:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OilfieldTrash78] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FrolessJoe:
Being a bolt gun, I'd say 100% 2 point sling.

I'd buy a Blue Force Gear Vickers padded sling and add a Magpul paraclip to the forward end. MLOK Paraclip sling mount up front and loop it through the sling attachment point on the butt of the stock.

The Vickers sling is super easy to quick adjust, so transitions from stowed on your back to ready will be easy.
View Quote

Should I get a sling with metal hardware, or plastic?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I am using the Type 1 QD on the rear stock and an MLOK attachment in the front paired with a MAGPUL M1 Padded sling.  

Nice sling and gives a good amount of adjustment in an easy setup.

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm using the Magpul Mlok on the front left, the Magpul socket left rear(pricey for what it is) and a Vtac sling. I can reverse it to carry it sling arms if needed or single point it too, 16in bbl. Happy with it so far, the Vtac is the first sling I've tried of all the modern super slings that lasted more than ten minutes on one of my guns due to dissatisfaction. I use them on ARs and bolt guns.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a magpul sling, just fixed it up to what works for me, it has the nice adjustment buckle. Works fine, or a 1907 sling to get you slung up proper.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Sling or carry strap??
When it comes to precision rifles there is a difference
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top