Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2017 1:00:00 PM EDT
Which scope would be the better option to get I can get either scope for a great price. so money isnt so much an issue the scope will be put on a remington 700 rechambered in 6.5creedmoore
I have looked at both the scopes in person and the Razor HD genII is a boat anchor real heavy so is it truly worth that extra weight? I hope to get into some local precisons matches with the rifle . I want to go with ffp but should I go with the higher magification of either rifle. Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
The Razor Gen II is the clear winner in all departments. The PST Gen II is a good scope in it's price range but the Razor II is a better made optic.
View Quote
Yep, head and shoulders above any of the PSTs. And most other scopes.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:07:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Your question is like asking...

Money is no object. I want a car for production class road racing. Should I get a 370Z or a Nissan GTR? I noticed the GTR had poor gas mileage.

Your options are the best Hensoldt, Zeiss, March, Schmidt & Bender, or Nightforce scopes, not a PST Gen2.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:25:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Money is no object and you're looking at Vortex. Lmfao.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#7]
OP never said money wasn’t an object....

That said, the Razor II is going to be a much better optic. I’d personally go with the 4.5-27 since you’re only giving up 1.5 on the min power but gaining 9x on max power.

The Gen 2’s are some nice glass. I’ve resolved 1” tan stickers on white targets at 600yds, which I think is pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 12:38:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Operator_As_Fk:
View Quote
You have no idea what you're talking about. My last Vortex cost $2500, the one before that was $1400.

Vortex is a top level optic manufacturer.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:46:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TheGrayMan:
Clearly you are "operator as f*ck"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheGrayMan:
Clearly you are "operator as f*ck"
17ers.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#10]
OP, there's no comparison between these two optics, the  Razor Gen 2 HD wins in every way except for weight. Yes, the weight kinda sucks, but if this is going on a precision rig then I wouldn't worry one bit about the weight. If you plan to run the optic on a hunting rifle then I would look at the Razor AMG, it too edges out the Gen 2 PST in every category.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 2:16:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR15] [#11]
View Quote
I take it you didn't like it when you used it in CAG right?  (since CAG is using them on all sorts of things including 50 M2s)  (Sounds weird until you try it.)  But I guess you know that....  (Others are also using it on M107s as well as OBRs and they work well on both)

OP...yeah the Gen 2 is good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#12]
If you want something lighter weight you can take a look at the US Optics b-17, it has a smaller magnification range but its a half pound lighter.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
I recently traded my Gen 2 Razor for a S&B PMII. I regret that trade and wish I had my razor back.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Razor is worth the coin, IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 9:44:54 PM EDT
[#15]
OP, did you get a new Razor Gen II?
I see you've got a Gen I in the EE.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:24:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By NotUrLawyer:
OP, did you get a new Razor Gen II?
I see you've got a Gen I in the EE.
View Quote
Yes I got a gen II back in November and love it. Shortly after I was able to get a gen 1 for an extremely amazing deal. So I used that on my precision AR only was selling to put that money towards a genII because I love it so much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top