Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Mounts - I am seriously considering an Aero SPR mount for this thing, primarily due to weight.  I looked it up and the scope weighs 40oz :)

Is there any reason this is a BAD idea?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Just be careful not to over torque the rings. A few have been broken.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks; I have a few of them but using them on Steiner P4Xi, Athlon 4-14X (smaller/lighter). 

I am wondering about how small/light it is vs. a 40oz scope.  It only weighs 4oz.

thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
The turrets are good. Tactile and audible. They don't lock and they aren't as tactile as my Razor, but they aren't mushy like a super sniper. You can feel and hear each click. I measured 26.2 mil of elevation travel and 16.1 mil of windage travel. One nice thing about the 10 mil windage turret is that you can't pass zero when dialing for wind.

I haven't set up the zero stop yet, but it doesn't look hard to do. The turrets are very easy to reset the zero on, just hold the turret body with one hand and spin the cap screw off with your fingers.

I was worried about the parallax knob being stiff, but it's not stiff at all and glides along nicely.  No individual off positions between different levels of brightness, but it's not a big deal. You can turn it off next to high or low brightness settings.
View Quote
I received mine yesterday.  I thought the turrets would be lockable based on a video I saw, but not a big deal that they aren't.  Weaver's instruction leaflet leaves a lot to be desired.  It covers multiple product lines and isn't clear about what applies to a particular scope.  I was able to easily remove the turret screw on the top of the elevation turret to access the smartstop area.  Can you remove the turret screw on top of the windage turret?  Mine wouldn't budge.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By mustb123:
USPS shows mine ‘out for delivery’, so we will look at it soon. Still have not picked rings for it....seems nobody has one on a 24’ stainless Tikka CTR?

1.5” seems to be as low as I can find right now....
View Quote
That's where mine will go, too, so I'm following your other thread.  I'm doing it backwards, have the scope and no rings, don't have the ctr yet.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By WI_Bill:

I received mine yesterday.  I thought the turrets would be lockable based on a video I saw, but not a big deal that they aren't.  Weaver's instruction leaflet leaves a lot to be desired.  It covers multiple product lines and isn't clear about what applies to a particular scope.  I was able to easily remove the turret screw on the top of the elevation turret to access the smartstop area.  Can you remove the turret screw on top of the windage turret?  Mine wouldn't budge.
View Quote
I managed to move the windage turret screw.  Just had to get a better grip on it.  I didn't want to apply too much force at first.  I ordered a second scope.  $699 with the 10% code, including shipping.  It's a good deal.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:50:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Razzman1] [#10]
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:
Well crap, why does this always happen when I buy something?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:
Looks like theirs a 10% off sale at Natchez right now.  Coupon code PO171009

I think I'm going to buy another tonight.

https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-super-slam-tactical-rifle-scope-6-30x56mm-34mm.html
Well crap, why does this always happen when I buy something?
Son of a bitch!  I just ordered the Weaver Tactical 3-15 from Natchez a few days ago.  Hasn't even arrived yet.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Can someone throw up a reticle pic above 25x?  I'm wanting to see how thick the crosshair stadia area near/at max mag.....
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#12]
mine just arrived.  this thing is a beast.  I will TRY to get some pictures per the requests, but my mount won't be here until tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Guess someone read the post about poor packaging. Mine was bulging in bubble wrap.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#14]
That was me.  The only padding was a couple of their catalogs on top of the scope box.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I checked out the 3-15x50 Non-illuminated for $499 10% off and a rebate (Probably mail in).  I had my dealer ordered it (Dealer price is a little cheaper) and it will be shipped to me.  With the rebate I'll be into it for $450 delivered.

I owned the 4-20x50? before and really liked it.  

Order badger rings for the 3-15 and it will be mounted on my 700
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#17]
kind of crapy pics.

6x for reference

12x

24x since there isn't a 25x marking

25ish, just a bit over 24

then 30x
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Would this scope be overkill on a SPR Ar15 type build?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:38:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jd2395] [#19]
 Mine is going on an 18 inch 6.5 Grendel...we shall see.  It is big

Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Mine arrived today and it looks great.  Anyone put any scope covers on theirs yet?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By GO4SHOOT:
Mine arrived today and it looks great.  Anyone put any scope covers on theirs yet?
View Quote
Not yet. I need to order some Vortex Defender caps.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mustb123:
Finally got my rings today, the rings that require 8 screws, the rings that only had 7 screws in the package......midway says sorry, call Leupold.......ugh!
View Quote
What rings did you order?  I just ordered these for my Savage 223 that shoots 75Amax.  Rings
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Ive always used Butler Creek caps but was thinking of going with Vortex this time.   Are the Vortex much better?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:01:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mustb123] [#25]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm going to try the Burris XTR signature rings.  I have cabela's points,  and the ability to use the inserts to give me the most usable elevation and windage adjustment is appealing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#27]
My seekinz rings arrived today and I got it all mounted.  The fit is great with the 20moa Weaver base. With the sunshade on, Ive got about .175 of clearance between the scope and the barrel.  Scope caps are going to fit nicely.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By goalieMN:
I'm going to try the Burris XTR signature rings.  I have cabela's points,  and the ability to use the inserts to give me the most usable elevation and windage adjustment is appealing.
View Quote
I've used Signature rings in the past and really like them.  I was considering them for this setup but chose to give Seekinz a try.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I've used Signature rings in the past and really like them.  I was considering them for this setup but chose to give Seekinz a try.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By goalieMN:
Good to hear.  Most of my stuff is set up for hunting.   Talley and DNZ.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Got a picture next to my 6.5's.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#31]
What is it on?  The rest are 6.5CM?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jondelong:
What is it on?  The rest are 6.5CM?
View Quote
The Weaver is on my 20" Larue barrel upper. It currently sits at #10 on the MOA all day challenge. It used to be higher. I could reshoot, but it would be difficult to improve my score.

The back two are 6.5 Creedmoor builds on Aero upper/lower combos. Middle build is a 24" Criterion barrel, back build is a 26" Krieger barrel. Both have Aero high pressure BCG's and 308 rifle buffers with 3 tungsten weights added. Both have adjustable gas, one is SLR and the other is Syrac. Both have 15" MI MLok rails and XDS2 bipods.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#33]
I've had this 3-15 scope for a few years now.  Love it.  Nothing comes close to touching it in this price range.  Only downside is weight, the reticle being a bit old and not as good as some others out there these days, and the turrets being a bit mushy (although that's really nit picking, the scope tracks, and I'm comparing to stuff that costs 3x as much).

Never understood why these weren't selling like hot cakes.....they're unreal for how cheap they are.

And you linked the good 3-15.  Weaver has another one that doesn't have enough elevation and wind age adjustment to be useful.

3-15 version

For anyone following the thread, I found the 3-15x version at $600.  Not sure if as good of a deal vs the 6-30.

10% off is still going on Natchez web site also
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:42:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Make sure to thoroughly read the specs.  The illuminated and non-illuminated versions are not the same.  The illuminated version has a good bit more elevation and wind age adjustment.

Originally Posted By Infidel4life11:
I checked out the 3-15x50 Non-illuminated for $499 10% off and a rebate (Probably mail in).  I had my dealer ordered it (Dealer price is a little cheaper) and it will be shipped to me.  With the rebate I'll be into it for $450 delivered.

I owned the 4-20x50? before and really liked it.  

Order badger rings for the 3-15 and it will be mounted on my 700
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
I bought the Butler Creek #19 rear and #51 front, and they fit perfect.  Midway has them on sale for $5 each right now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#36]
took my 6-30 out at 100Y for sight in this past weekend, finally.  It is mounted on my 18" 6.5 Grendel via Aero fixed mount.  I was shooting Hornady factory 123gr Amax.

A few lessons learned/observations, this being my first optic over 14X:
1.  anything more that 16X at 100Y was overkill and difficult to use (probably well known).  my heartrate, breathing, etc were greatly accentuated and annoying through the optic.  Dialing it back, that all went away.
2.  at 30X at 100Y, my black and white targets' blacks looked like a lighter purple (like a poor photocopy).
3.  this scope is built like a tank.
4.  glass is very, very clear up to 24X and then seems to get slightly less so as you hit 30X.
5.  reticle is basic but usable.  Illumination in red and green is cool.

I'll be taking it out to hopefully 1K in two weekends to give it a try.  I am itching for the 3-15X for my 18" Larue rifle.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#37]
They are 10% off again so I ordered another one.
I'm really liking this scope and enjoy it better than my SWFA 5-20hd.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:13:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Ive always used Butler Creek caps but was thinking of going with Vortex this time.   Are the Vortex much better?
View Quote
Hell yeah they are, IMO. Not the prettiest things in the world but they fit my Cronus great and work exceptional. I think they will definitely last longer than my Butlers did.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 1:04:18 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
That is high praise, I adore my SWFA 5-20.... Besides the extra power, what do you like better about the Weaver?
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By tucansam:
That is high praise, I adore my SWFA 5-20.... Besides the extra power, what do you like better about the Weaver?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tucansam:
I too love my 5-20hd but the Weaver is quickly taking that spot.  
When I ordered the Weaver, given that they both came from the same factory in Japan, I was hoping the glass was going to be comparable to my swfa.  To my eyes, i see no difference between these scopes in glass with the limited time I've spent with the Weaver. The parallax and power nobs rotate freely unlike my swfa and the Weaver comes with sunshade which I like to have.  The swfa has more travel but the weaver has zero stops.  As mentioned earlier after about 20x the Weaver starts to get hazy but this is something I expected with a scope that costs less than 3k.  Ultimately,  the price they are asking for the Weaver, you are getting a great deal.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quick update for anyone still paying attention....took mine out to 500Y and love it.  Glass is super clear to 24 and then gets a tiny bit hazy at 30x.  I was in windy, overcast conditions, roughly 55 degrees.

i am now debating picking up the 3-15X for $600 with 10% off and $30 rebate via Natchez.  Anyone have BOTH?  Curious about any differences in reticle, controls, glass, etc.  weavers webpage is thin on details

thanks!
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm thinking about getting this scope but was wondering if it would hold up being mounted on a. 50cal bolt action. Got a .50bmg safety harbor firearms upper 29inch barrel on a ar15 lower. I can't seem to find what it's rated for and before I drop $700 just want to know if I should click the buy now button or keep on searching.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 1:41:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quick update for anyone still paying attention....took mine out to 500Y and love it.  Glass is super clear to 24 and then gets a tiny bit hazy at 30x.  I was in windy, overcast conditions, roughly 55 degrees.

i am now debating picking up the 3-15X for $600 with 10% off and $30 rebate via Natchez.  Anyone have BOTH?  Curious about any differences in reticle, controls, glass, etc.  weavers webpage is thin on details

thanks!
View Quote
Thanks for the update. Me is following  
will probably do the same for my 18 inch (3-15x)
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#44]
i caved and bought the 3-15X.  will post up some notes once I get it.  this is getting expensive.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 6:36:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpikeDiesel] [#45]
I have the weaver 3-15 and love it! I just got the 6-30 in the mail today and it is hands down a tier above.   I had the chance to compare it side by side to one of my swfa 5-20 hd's, there is some CA in the weaver (there is none in the swfa).  In a quick resolution and clarity comparison the weaver is equal to or slightly better than the swfa.  The weaver is also brighter in low light thanks to the 56mm obj.  The weaver does get slightly hazy around the 30x but that is to be expected, it is very slight and not a hindrance to use in the slightest bit (my trijicon 5-20 was much worse at 20x than the weaver is at 30x).  The weaver 6-30 is a very stout rugged scope and i am thoroughly impressed with it, I echo all the praise that others have given it and would choose it over the swfa 5-20 HD as well!
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#46]
I think I am going to pick one of these up... I have been using a fixed 10x Bushnell mildot for about 15 years now on my long range rig and I think its time to step it up.

Does anyone have the 10% off code for Natchez, or know how to get one?
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By SpacemanSpiff:
Does anyone have the 10% off code for Natchez, or know how to get one?
View Quote
Turkey10
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 2:00:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BoxofRox] [#48]
Got a picture next to my 6.5's.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57761/20171021_172007-1-340181.jpg
View Quote
Do you have a favorite optic? Maybe a pros and cons comparison between the three?
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:

Do you have a favorite optic? Maybe a pros and cons comparison between the three?
View Quote
I predictably rate them in the order of Razor II, Bushnell XRS and then Weaver Tactical.  I would rate their value in the reverse order, Weaver, Bushnell then Razor (I bought the Bushnell for under $1k).

Pros of the Razor.
Excellent turrets, nice pop up/down locking system with very little travel. Has the rotation tracker that pops out when you make a full revolution.
Excellent color transmission.
Reticle is good and very useable.

Pros of the Bushnell.
Has locking turrets, they require quite a bit of movement up/down though.
Less weight than the Weaver or Razor.
Good Reticle (H59), I really like the .2mil graduations.  It could be better designed for use across the whole magnification range, it's almost unusable at 4x.  It's a little different because you zero the cross hairs above the center of your scope. 
Cons - no illumination, I don't think it's quite as bright as the Weaver.

Pros of the Weaver
Glass is almost as good as the Razor, clarity may be better, but maybe I just need to re-adjust the razor's eyepiece.
Low cost.
Cons - no locking turrets, heavy, reticle is very basic and not great for holds. Color transmission isn't quite as good as the Razor, but it's extremely bright and transfers a lot of light.

All of them are good optics with 10 mil turrets, zero stops and FFP reticles.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 10:20:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARShooter91] [#50]
I wonder why the made the 2-10x36 Weaver with locking turrets but not the 6-30?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top