Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2017 4:10:27 PM EDT
I have the ability to purchase a Bushnell Legend T 15-45x60 Mil-Hash spotting scope for about $280 shipped (brand new). I have made due with my cheapie 15-45 Burris, since all I use it for is spotting hits on steel at the range.

There aren't a whole lot of reviews for this spotting scope, but the ones that are available seem to indicate that is good bang/buck.

I can't say that I need a new spotting scope, but $280 seems like a hard to pass up price....

...first world problems
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:40:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: soup1005] [#1]
If I were you I would pay an extra $110 and get the Vortex Diamondback 20-60x60.  The optics are much better, more magnification, it is lighter, and backed by a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want a reticle and good glass without spending at least $1500 on a Leupold MK4 spotter then the T-Series is the way to go.

I got a messed up unit the first time that I sent back and wound up finding a deal on the MK4 but I am the exception from what I have read.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a thread on it over on Sniper's Hide.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By soup1005:
If I were you I would pay an extra $110 and get the Vortex Diamondback 20-60x60.  The optics are much better, more magnification, it is lighter, and backed by a lifetime warranty.
View Quote
Not first focal plane with a milling reticle.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:59:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#5]
Sniper Country had an optical engineer/tech on the site that did a real review on light gathering, transmission, and ability to discern fine detail at distance.  He used a smpte pattern and a dollar bill.   That was a while back, but Bushnell and the cheaper Leupold Windriver did pretty well in the tests.  This was years back.  

I also wanted to just spend a shit ton of cash on a uuuuge top named spotter.  When I called to place the order, the seller asked me what I wanted to do with it.  He actually talked me out of buying one.  He was right. 

Over 15 years later, I still use my Windriver.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Sniper Country had an optical engineer/tech on the site that did a real review on light gathering, transmission, and ability to discern fine detail at distance.  He used a smpte pattern and a dollar bill.   That was a while back, but Bushnell and the cheaper Leupold Windriver did pretty well in the tests.  This was years back.  

I also wanted to just spend a shit ton of cash on a uuuuge top named spotter.  When I called to place the order, the seller asked me what I wanted to do with it.  He actually talked me out of buying one.  He was right. 

Over 15 years later, I still use my Windriver.  
View Quote
I may have to spend some money.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

Not first focal plane with a milling reticle.
View Quote
I understand that if they want a reticle then the Diamondback is not the way to go.  However, optical clarity is much better on the Diamondback than that of the Bushnell in my personal opinion.  I wouldn't spend $1 on that particular model, but that's just me.  I've used one and didn't like the feeling of it or the optics.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe I'll keep using my XRS as a spotter
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By soup1005:

I understand that if they want a reticle then the Diamondback is not the way to go.  However, optical clarity is much better on the Diamondback than that of the Bushnell in my personal opinion.  I wouldn't spend $1 on that particular model, but that's just me.  I've used one and didn't like the feeling of it or the optics.
View Quote
It's so crappy you wouldn't spend a $1 on it? Or you are being hyperbolic?

The "problem" I have is that I don't really need a new spotting scope, but $280ish seems like a damn good price... I am sure at that price I can probably flip it for as much as I paid for it....
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#10]
You already have one that works for you, there is zero point in buying another that you will hardly ever use. You use your rifle scope 95% of the time anyway.

Spend the $280 on ammo or components or whatever.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got one, and I've actually used it quite a bit. I like it a lot, and it does exactly what I need it to.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one. At $280 I would buy another. If you can share the details please let us know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top