Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2017 1:42:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brunske15]
I found a website that took preorders and placed my order. It fits the bill for price point and features that I wanted. Curious if anyone has seen/found when they are set to ship out. Cant seem to find anywhere online that mentions it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:10:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Azygos] [#1]
This is the first I've heard of it and am curious to know where they're made.

I have a Japanese Monarch X 4-16x50 mil/MOA.

Downsides: mil/MOA and limited elevation travel. I can learn to deal with a mismatched turret & reticle, and swapping from a 20 to 30MOA base should take me far enough for a few years. SFP with ranging at 12x. I scribbled out crib notes on a 3x5 card for the mildot reticle subtensions at min & max magnifications.

Upsides: Really, really nice image. That's why I haven't replaced it with something more user-friendly. If this new scope uses the same glass, it's worth checking out at that price point IMO.

To answer your question, I saw one website with 11/2017 availability.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:51:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brunske15] [#2]
just now saw your response. Optics planet has a lead time of April 1st. Midway shows lead time of May 7th. So I'm guessing in the next 30 days or so. Hope its a winner fit right in my price point with all the right features.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
A freind has had one for a few months now and I have had 1 for a week. Put mine on my CMMG Mark 3 CBR and it shoots sub 1 inch at 200 yards using Winchester 150 gr BST ammo. My Nikon BLACK X1000 scope is 4-16x50 MRAD Illuminated Reticle. It is nice! Very clear, love the turret's and poistive clicks. 30mm tube gives me plenty of adjustment as well. My buddy was shootig his rifle with Fort Scott Munition's ammo and smoking steel at 700 yards across a canyon. This scope will hopefully be showing up in stores soon, from what I have been told there are a lot of preorders to be filled and at the price point I'm' not surprised. This scope has been a long time coming for Nikon and you guy's are one of the reason's it is being produced. You guy's have told me what you wanted in a longrange scope and Nikon has done their best to make it for you. Don't think this is the end either, definitely more to come. Keep sending me your suggestion's too.

Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:46:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kholm0804] [#4]
I received mine yesterday.   X-MRAD illuminated model. For what I paid for it, I couldn't ask for anything nicer for my sons rifle.  We haven't zeroed it yet but we are excited to get to the farm!

Link Posted: 5/16/2017 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Khol., I look forward to reading your thought's on Nikon's BLACK X1000 scope. I couldn't be happier with mine and the guy's I have spoken to that have received one feel the same way. Lot's of great feature's for a great price.
Nice looking rifle too!
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:50:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Update: Received my scope a few weeks ago. I got the 4-16x50SF Matte MOA non-illuminated model. The quality of glass and solid construction has made me very happy with purchase. Looking to zero it sometime soon. Will update with group when I do.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:55:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone perform any tracking tests to see how true it is?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brunske15:
Anyone perform any tracking tests to see how true it is?
View Quote
Unlikely.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By bman940:
A freind has had one for a few months now and I have had 1 for a week. Put mine on my CMMG Mark 3 CBR and it shoots sub 1 inch at 200 yards using Winchester 150 gr BST ammo. My Nikon BLACK X1000 scope is 4-16x50 MRAD Illuminated Reticle. It is nice! Very clear, love the turret's and poistive clicks. 30mm tube gives me plenty of adjustment as well. My buddy was shootig his rifle with Fort Scott Munition's ammo and smoking steel at 700 yards across a canyon. This scope will hopefully be showing up in stores soon, from what I have been told there are a lot of preorders to be filled and at the price point I'm' not surprised. This scope has been a long time coming for Nikon and you guy's are one of the reason's it is being produced. You guy's have told me what you wanted in a longrange scope and Nikon has done their best to make it for you. Don't think this is the end either, definitely more to come. Keep sending me your suggestion's too.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/DSC_0585.jpg
View Quote
In that picture, isn't the mount backwards? Doesn't it have a 20MOA angle up when it's mounted in the other direction, so if it is mounted as shown in the photo, it is angled 20MOA downward?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
The objective end of the scope should be angled downwards to increase the elevation.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:46:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#11]
Originally Posted By onefastdoc:
In that picture, isn't the mount backwards? Doesn't it have a 20MOA angle up when it's mounted in the other direction, so if it is mounted as shown in the photo, it is angled 20MOA downward?
View Quote
The regular M-series mount has no MOA.
The M-series XR mount has 20moa in it.

I don't see a reason to mount it backwards on an AR, but I've run a PEPR mount backwards on my RFB to get the big rail clamp nuts out of the way of the charging handle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top