Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2017 2:14:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M47Patton]
Just received a Vortex PST gen 2 5-25x50 sfp.  Have not taken it out yet, hopefully this Sunday I'll get to play with it. I did post a short video with a close look at the turrets and also the illumination set at 1, 5, and 10 power.  

As far as Glass is concerned, the only other comparable scope I have is a Viper HS-T.  Hard to tell indoors but the gen2 seems better than the gen1.  We'll see if thats the case at the range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov3RVFJOiyk
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 1:48:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aby001] [#1]
That's the same scope in looking at but FFP. I thought they weren't going to be available for another month or two. Let us know what you think of it once you get it to the range. Also, where did you get it if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:46:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aby001:
That's the same scope in looking at but FFP. I thought they weren't going to be available for another month or two. Let us know what you think of it once you get it to the range. Also, where did you get it if you don't mind me asking?
View Quote

I got mine from Sport Optics.  

My understanding is that the SFP models became available while the FFPs are going to be a little longer.  A number of places have the SFP scopes in stock.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate to hold out for that scope if it doesn't turn out to be what I think it will be. I like Vortex optics because they have replaced two scopes for me with no questions asked and they seem to be a great value for the money. The Razor II are nice but damn they are heavy.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Vortex was giving away scope caps the other day, so I called to cancel my order from just a couple days before and reorder.  The rep I spoke to told me 4 months on my FFP 3-15 PST Gen II.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By LC2ner:
Vortex was giving away scope caps the other day, so I called to cancel my order from just a couple days before and reorder.  The rep I spoke to told me 4 months on my FFP 3-15 PST Gen II.
View Quote

4 Months?! that's insane. They should have had production metrics in place to prevent this from happening. I ordered my FFP 5-25 PST Gen II a couple weeks ago. I really hope it doesn't take that long.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll definitely be going a different route if I'm in for a 4 month wait.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Congressman:

4 Months?! that's insane. They should have had production metrics in place to prevent this from happening. I ordered my FFP 5-25 PST Gen II a couple weeks ago. I really hope it doesn't take that long.
View Quote

Do you even Magpul?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:17:48 PM EDT
[#9]
@dirtdivision
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
@dirtdivision
View Quote

@finslayer83

The wait for the FFP is discouraging. I am ready to buy one NOW.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Midway claims the 5-25, 2-10, and the 1-6 will all be available on 3/21.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Camerland got a batch of PST gen 2's, in stock now.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By INMY01TA:
View Quote
Just checked and it says they do have the 5-25 mrad FFP model in stock.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:08:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: STRIKE504] [#15]
Originally Posted By INMY01TA:
View Quote
Got the email too, tempting,  gonna see what others have to say compared to the gen 1.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:02:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#16]
I hate to hold out for that scope if it doesn't turn out to be what I think it will be. I like Vortex optics because they have replaced two scopes for me with no questions asked and they seem to be a great value for the money. The Razor II are nice but damn they are heavy.
View Quote
So you like them because you had to replace two of their scopes? Seems like a damn good reason to dislike them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I believe Vortex gives their distributors first crack.  If you order direct from VO, I think you get in line for the next unspoken for shipment.  
IE, 8700 scopes come in, they go to distributors first, then to individual orders.  If only 8600 get bought, then you get your scope relatively quick.  If all 8700 are spoken for, you wait.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

I believe Vortex gives their distributors first crack.  If you order direct from VO, I think you get in line for the next unspoken for shipment.  
IE, 8700 scopes come in, they go to distributors first, then to individual orders.  If only 8600 get bought, then you get your scope relatively quick.  If all 8700 are spoken for, you wait.
View Quote
Makes sense. I am getting it for the .mil discounted price so that may be why I'm waiting longer. Which I have no problem with given the price I'm paying.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Makes sense. I am getting it for the .mil discounted price so that may be why I'm waiting longer. Which I have no problem with given the price I'm paying.
View Quote
Oh, then you're in my boat.  The slow boat from the Phillipines.  They'll fullfill outstanding orders first, then we get the remnants.   If it makes you feel better, my gen 1 was supposed to be 3 months wait, but shipped after 2.  My gen 2 is supposed to be Jun.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By popnfresh:
So you like them because you had to replace two of their scopes? Seems like a damn good reason to dislike them.
View All Quotes
One of the scopes had an actual defect, the other fell out of the back of a side by side to a rock road. Both were replaced no questions asked. Both of those were the Viper pst 1-4. I like the gen 1 because they have good glass and turrets for the price. It sounds like the gen 2 is a step above those and that is why I want to try one out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

Oh, then you're in my boat.  The slow boat from the Phillipines.  They'll fullfill outstanding orders first, then we get the remnants.   If it makes you feel better, my gen 1 was supposed to be 3 months wait, but shipped after 2.  My gen 2 is supposed to be Jun.
View Quote
Meh, not a big deal. I'm ok to wait. It gives me time to sell my Leupold VR•X anyway. Plus there's a new 100yrd indoor range opening about the same time...that will be the perfect place to sight in.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I ordered a 3-15 FFP model from Cabela's. It shows to be on the truck for delivery today. After reading all of the posts about delayed shipping I'm worried they sent me the SFP model. Will report back when I get home after work.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:26:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheBloodyNine] [#23]
It is indeed the FFP model.
Cabelas apparently has them in stock.
Let me preface this by saying this is the first decent glass I've ever bought.
I own some diamondbacks and the glass on this Is amazing campared to them.
I'm very happy right now
I'll post some pics tomorrow.

ETA: Not real thrilled with the gloss finish, trying to talk myself into a rattle can paint job.

Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Let us know how it tracks and what you think after you get it to the range.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Let us know how it tracks and what you think after you get it to the range.
View Quote
This. I'm curious about the tracking.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#27]
If it tracks as well as a razor 5-20 I'll buy a 5-25.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Just put an order in on a 5-25 SFP MOA from Liberty Optics.  Scott said he just got them in and it should ship in a day or two.  I have a Gen I 6-24 so it will be interesting to compare them side by side.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#29]
I ordered my UH-1 and 5-25x50 FFP direct through the Vortex LE/MIL program shortly after the new products were announced at Shot. Still waiting patiently.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:59:18 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm interested in some reviews of these new scopes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I wonder if bushnell and burris are starting to offer really good rebates because this gen 2 pst is hitting selves, as it will really take some of their sales. Gen 1 razor glass & turrets, 30mm tube, and a scope that is lighter than a gen 1 razor as well.  Only downside I see is made in the the Philippines, but what scope in this price range isn't, and with the Vortex warranty who cares, right...
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By andrewz71:
I wonder if bushnell and burris are starting to offer really good rebates because this gen 2 pst is hitting selves, as it will really take some of their sales. Gen 1 razor glass & turrets, 30mm tube, and a scope that is lighter than a gen 1 razor as well.  Only downside I see is made in the the Philippines, but what scope in this price range isn't, and with the Vortex warranty who cares, right...
View Quote
Pretty sure it has been confirmed that it doesn't have the glass of the Gen 1 Razor.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By andrewz71:
View Quote
Bushnell and Burris have the same warranty as Vortex now.

The Gen II PST is nice but I still like my Bushnell LRTSi more since it is made in Japan and I got it for $1100.  I also like the reticle.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:05:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By jlficken:

Bushnell and Burris have the same warranty as Vortex now.

The Gen II PST is nice but I still like my Bushnell LRTSi more since it is made in Japan and I got it for $1100.  I also like the reticle.
View Quote
Oh I know I have a bushnell elite xrs 3.5-30x50 arriving on Wednesday, normally $2145, total after rebate $1275.  Of course I had a larue mount in 30mm, so I had to order a 34mm, figured I would try out a Midwest Industry qd mount.  I will still probably try a gen 2 pst after some reviews and if any production gremlins need worked out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#35]
One of the scopes had an actual defect, the other fell out of the back of a side by side to a rock road. Both were replaced no questions asked. Both of those were the Viper pst 1-4. I like the gen 1 because they have good glass and turrets for the price. It sounds like the gen 2 is a step above those and that is why I want to try one out.
View All Quotes
Got it, I have a 1-4x gen 1 and like it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
Shipped today.  So 6 days shy of 6 months.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:48:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Hopefully that's a good sign, been waiting since March for a "June" delivery.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Finally got my 5-25 in this week, so 7 months.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Hows the 5-25
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#41]
I realllllllllllllly wish they'd include the moa reticle from the AMG scope into this.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 12:02:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 42769vette:
We have a few  in stock including the 5-25 FFP's for those interested.

PST gen II
View Quote
Just checked and they still show in stock. $1099. Just like swfa.

Any discounts for ARFCOM members?

Be it tomorrow or next week, I AM going to order one.

I’m a dad, with seven daughters.

So money is most definitely an object.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Holes:

View Quote
Holy cow.....I'm sorry
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:
Holy cow.....I'm sorry
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:
Originally Posted By Holes:

Holy cow.....I'm sorry
Ha! Lol. It’s alright. God never gives you anything you can’t handle. I may question his sense of humor sometimes, but he has it covered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top