Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#2]
You had me until "China".  Back to PST vs SHV
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#3]
After having it in hand for two days, all I'll say is wow. Vortex did good. I am of the thinking that tracking is more important than the coatings, especially in sub $1500 scopes. That said, I still need to put it through it's paces at the range, but the glass is good. Not nearly as crisp as my Razor HD, but an order of magnitude better than the Viper HS I have. CA is there and expected, but not even in the same ballpark as the Viper. Much improved and not fatiguing really. Perhaps about the same as the Gen 1 PST as I recall. The turrets are a tiny bit crisper than the Bushy HDMRII. Interesting that as you turn it doesn't translate up or down revealing the scale, an interestingly nice touch. That scale isn't really needed for me, 99% of my shooting will happen within 10 mils, less than one turn. The locking turrets don't get air locked like the old HDMR did. Overall it also doesn't seem to be all that heavy considering the tube and objective size. So will have a good balance on a lot of folks rifles. All the way around it really has the feel of a much spendier scope and I'm impressed. 10 years ago we were still struggling with finding stuff with Mil/Mil turrets and etched reticles, damned the glass quality. Man, times have changed. It's a good time to be a scope buyer, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Exactly what Im going to do. Some folks want the additional travel. 6.5 CM out to 1500 yards is about 18mils depending on your load. 15.3 Mils is the sonic barrier with my round, so it's more than enough..
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:53:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I had mine at the range today. It’s a great scope for the money. It’s a great scope period.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:51:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:48:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:

Good to hear more reports. How far out you get with it?
View Quote

I shot out to 1,000 yards. The clicks are audible and tactile. The zero stop was very easy to set. Vortex has a really great value with this scope.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:28:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Now that you guys have been shooting with these for a year or so, any follow-up thoughts on them?
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 7:53:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I realize that this is an older topic, but I've put mine on my M82A1 in a LaRue mount and it works really well.  I've taken it out to the max distance at our local steel range here (700m) and really like it for the price.  It replaced a NF BR SFP scope and I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
I ended up selling mine and plan to buy a Bushnell Match Pro ED 5-30x56. I really like that reticle as it’s like the EQL on my XRS3. Just got to wait for it to come back in stock.
View Quote

I’d be interested in swapping for one of those too if the glass is a good upgrade. Strike Eagle wasn’t quite as clear as I’d hoped at 1050.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top