Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#1]
JP for my precision stuff.  

For my other stuff, at a minimum its Nickel boron.  Only because I prefer easier cleaning of BCG'S. past that the rest is just for looks.  TiN is cool looking though.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DevL:

This made me laugh.

1. Krieger uses JP.
2. Ask CLE what is best, not standard... JP.
3. I have had multiple Young and JP bolts/carriers. Young does not hold a candle to JP. It is one of the few carriers where you inspect it closely and say "wow that's nice"  and the ONLY bolt I have ever seen where I looked at it closely and wondered how anyone could make a bolt THAT good and THAT perfect.
View Quote

I mean, that applies to a lot of JP things.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Veprz:
What are your go to bcg's for a precision 5.56/.223 AR? What is the preferred contour? Semi, M16? Does it matter?

View Quote

I built a custom AR10 in 6mm Creedmoor. I ended up going with a Dracos +2 gas system barrel then paired it up with the Falkor 308 adjustable bolt carrier. I would highly suggest an adjustable BCG so you can tune in your gas system. If you are going suppressed, i would definitely buy an adjustable BCG!
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Veprz:
What are your go to bcg's for a precision 5.56/.223 AR? What is the preferred contour? Semi, M16? Does it matter?

View Quote

I built a custom AR10 in 6mm Creedmoor. I ended up going with a Dracos +2 gas system barrel then paired it up with the Falkor 308 adjustable bolt carrier. I would highly suggest an adjustable BCG so you can tune in your gas system. If you are going suppressed, i would definitely buy an adjustable BCG!
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
JP.
View Quote

ULMBCG.  The aluminum one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 3:00:02 AM EDT
[#6]
JP LMOS w SCS
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree.  The JP is so nice it’s almost a work of art.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#8]
The BCG can affect cycling, feeding/reliability and “bounce”....which all can lead to shooting problems......but “accuracy” has three other major components and a few minor....and the BCG is not one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BBTC_MH:
The BCG can affect cycling, feeding/reliability and “bounce”....which all can lead to shooting problems......but “accuracy” has three other major components and a few minor....and the BCG is not one.
View Quote

Perfectly summarized.  I have a sub 1/2 MOA .223 Wylde chambered AR type built around a Lilja barrel.  I've tried phosphate, nitride and NiB (WMD Guns) bcgs.  All were semi-auto cut, all bolts in spec, all headspace correct.  I cannot objectively identify any difference in accuracy.  The test ammo is proven sub 1/2 MOA with Berger Target bullets in Lapua Match cases, hand weighed charges to .1 grain, match primers.

From an accuracy perspective I conclude it does not matter.  No difference, controlling for everything else possible.

I do run the NiB-X in that build primarily as a matter of convenience and because there is data to support NiB being less subject to stoppages under extreme environmental conditions compared to phosphate.

FWIW, it has slowly developed a slight bronze patina, but remains as slick as ever.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve had really good luck with Colt and Lantac.
I really like the SRC BCG; I’m running one on my 300 Blk SBR, but I’ve never run one on a precision rig. I’m in the planning stage for a 6.5 Grendel build right now. I’ll pick up a Lilja barrel with their head spaced bolt and probably run an LMT or SRC carrier.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#11]
My White Oak stainless has the White Oak BCG. I’m not sure who their OE supplier is. My other guns have LMT enhanced BCGs that I get when they’re on sale, because why not.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Whatever you can find.

Young or JP are my go to.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#13]
bootleg adjustable. makes suppressed even smoother.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#14]
BCM in my mk12 mod 1 build. And a Radian in my SPR build.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top