Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2017 3:43:05 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with these BCM Kyle 16" uppers? Are they sub-MOA? are they worth the expense?
Why not just build my own with a 16" upper with Ballistic Advantage barrel for almost half the cost? Would a 16" BA barrel be as accurate as the BCM?
I'm wanting a 16" midlength for target shooting, just for fun to shoot with my bolt guns, but I want it to be accurate. I don't care what ammo I use but don't want to reload.
Or if anyone has any sub $1000 uppers they recommend that are accurate?
Thanks!

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-kyle-defoor-kd4-upper-group-p/bcm-urg-kd4-mcmr.htm
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:52:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheQuadfather] [#1]
I have one.  16" 1/7.7" twist SS410.

It's decent, not great.  Will do 1-1.25 MOA with CBC 77 that will do .4MOA from a 1/8 Pac-Nor.  A light gas gun is a bitch to shoot compared to a heavy bolt gun.

I have a 2.5-10 on mine and swapped the 13" KMR for a 15" to get the rail section nut from touching the gas block.

Link Posted: 11/30/2017 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a good friend with one of the SS410 barrels. It shoots very well, reliably MOA or better with good ammo. He shoots only Black Hills 77gr OTM (mk262)

The Defoor rifle has a custom twist that is designed for peak performance with that specific round, I believe it is a 1/7.7 twist vs the standard 1/8 or 1/7 typically seen. It is a slightly different animal than their standard SS410 uppers.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I had mine out today with IMI and CBC 77, Geco and Federal 55gr.  I've shot ADI 69s through it and it likes those too.

While never a super great shooter, it always does it's thing and shoots everything fine.  I think I prefer that to super awesome, but ammo picky.  I'm liking it more and more.  It's hard to get used to coming off of a heavy bolt gun for the past year.  Little thing is a bugger to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I think my barrel took a bit to settle in.  It's consistently printing 1MOA 10 round groups with every match ammo I put through it.

FGMM 69
Winchester 69 SMK
ADI 69 SMK
IMI 77 SMK

It's eating everything and doing fine.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By samuse:
I think my barrel took a bit to settle in.  It's consistently printing 1MOA 10 round groups with every match ammo I put through it.

FGMM 69
Winchester 69 SMK
ADI 69 SMK
IMI 77 SMK

It's eating everything and doing fine.
View Quote
Thank you for the info, I might get one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]
How's the KD4 running now?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top