Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2017 7:18:53 AM EDT
I'm working on an AR Grendel build. I haven't decided on the barrel yet. Shooting will be from a bipod and rest. I'm trying to decide on a Magpul PRS gen3, XLR AR stock or a stock from a Ruger PRS. Easy adjustment is not a priority because I'll fit it to me and leave it alone. Adjustable cant is a must have option. Any opinions? I'm leaning towards the XLR, but I haven't found many reviews.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#1]
cant go wrong with the xlr, great product. Id nix the prs just due to weight.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I ended up with the a RPR stock and a PRS. The RPR just didn't do it for me and I sold it for a nice profit. I got a sweet deal on the PRS and even though the weight sucks, I'm not hunting with it so it's not a big deal. I was able to easily get it adjusted for my natural point of aim very quickly and it seems indestructible. The cant and height adjustable buttpad is one of those things you'd never think you'd need until you try it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 2:37:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never seen an xlr  stock in person, but from the pics, $225 is a joke and it's fugly.   The prs is a little heavy, but looks better and can be found for less.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By A-Rob:
I ended up with the a RPR stock and a PRS. The RPR just didn't do it for me and I sold it for a nice profit. I got a sweet deal on the PRS and even though the weight sucks, I'm not hunting with it so it's not a big deal. I was able to easily get it adjusted for my natural point of aim very quickly and it seems indestructible. The cant and height adjustable buttpad is one of those things you'd never think you'd need until you try it.
View Quote
I use a PRS and actually like the added weight. I do most of my shooting off of a bench, or prone. The added weight helps to keep my rifle stable. The weight would be more of an issue for a hunting weapon.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#5]
The XLR looked goofy till I tried it. I ended up loving it. And it’s very sturdy.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By A-Rob:
View Quote
I put a PRS  on a new build, and was wondering if you might be able to take a pic of how your buttpad is set up. I haven't tried any other positions than stock,  but thought seeing how others do it might give me a good starting point for adjusting mine. I make the stock work for me the way it came (with pad moved 2" back for LOP). But there's a million different ways to adjust cant and height, and not enough time at the range (or bullets...) to try them all out.
T.I.A
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JonLSU:
I've never seen an xlr  stock in person, but from the pics, $225 is a joke and it's fugly.   The prs is a little heavy, but looks better and can be found for less.
View Quote
I thought the same till I got my hands on one. ITs sturdy and works awesome!! Great with a rear bag.

Scott
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m leaning towards a luth AR stock for a similar application. Quite a bit lighter than a prs.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I love my XLR stock.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I've used PRS stocks on all of mine and all very satisfied with them. The weight doesn't bother me as the rifles were built heavy. The XLR looks interesting, but there is a lot of open spaces and exposed rods and supports exposed. Seems these could get caught out hung up on a lot.    When I first saw the LuthAR, it looked goofy and flimsy to me but according to most reviews I am mistaken and is quite sturdy. The Ruger also looks interesting,  but like the XLR there's enough open areas with rods and edges exposed the possibility of it getting hung up on things makes me wonder.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a XLR Tactical Lite on a bolt gun. A RPR with its factory stock and a PRS that I recently sourced for a new build. The XLR is a set and forget stock. The RPR has a good adjustment range but, takes a little bit to get the hang of. The PRS is the easiest to use out of the three.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 10:32:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#12]
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#13]
PRS is the most user friendly, no tool adjustment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top