Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2017 9:02:20 AM EDT
Ok, anyone on this site shoot a Dracos Barrel? I'm currently debating  on a Dracos for a 6.5 Creedmoor build, I just really want to know if they are worth the money, how much more accurate over other barrels that are less expensive? Really can't find much info on the Dracos Barrel since they just released to public earlier this summer.

I've talked with customer service at Dracos and found they recommend an adjustable gas key on the BCG to do the main gas setting then use the built in gas block on the barrel to fine tune the dwell, basically they said once adjusted correctly the bullet will have long left the barrel before the BCG even moves, makes a semi auto like a bolt action. Told me I've never shot anything like this before.

I've done a search on the forums can't come up with anything, so any of you have these barrels, lets start a discussion and learn some things!
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the technology wrapped up in a 18 inch straigh jacket, but the gas system is standard vs the dracos system.

See my thread in this section: straight jacket ar15
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Tagging for more info
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 4:49:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a few Dracos Barrels, no instructions or details anywhere on the gas block, the three screws come wrapped in a baggy and inside your chamber with a 4th screw(not sure if its a spare lol).
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Arent these the fucks that said that used to call the powder they put in the barrel jacket "pixxy dust"? Because if it is, that stuff ended up insulating the barrel.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MDStroup:
Arent these the fucks that said that used to call the powder they put in the barrel jacket "pixxy dust"? Because if it is, that stuff ended up insulating the barrel.
View Quote
I believe it was "Unicorn Jizz" classy!
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I don’t give a fuck if they are the epitome of class or the dregs of the trailer park. If the barrel works and they back the warranty, I’m all in.  I just ordered one, I’ll report back ASAP. Give me a few days and I’ll have something to post.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 2:07:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: triggs75] [#7]
I just picked one up during their black Friday sale in the 6.5cm.  Right now they still have some blems for $550 which is a great price.  I am running mine on a Aero set with Aero BCG and a heavy JP SCP.  With this setup I am running fine with no issues and it is running pretty smooth.  I have under 200 rounds through it currently.

I have only ran some Prime and hornady American gunner ammo through it for now.  Didn't want to use my bolt brass in the semi so I am gathering some semi brass to use in this rifle.  I am getting anywhere from .5 to 1.5" groups and am blaming that mainly on the ammo.  When I chrono'd the ammo I was getting extreme spreads of 70 on some groups and those were the groups where the round would open up the group.

Regarding the above post with the 3 screws for the gas block, since they do not give any info regarding install, you slide the gas block top out sideways to put the barrel nut on.  When you slide the gas block back in then you use the 3 screws to tighten it into place.

Oh and I am in Komifornia so excuse the funky fin grip.

Chad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top