Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2017 10:20:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: barrelnutz]
so, now we know what that ultra long-range semi-automatic will be.  Rumors have been flying around a 6.5mm.  I heard the Bartlein team talking about how busy they were keeping up with 6.5.  Now, we know what we thought:  It will be the CM.

Interesing rifle from Geissele:  http://soldiersystems.net/2017/09/20/vsass-by-geissele-automatics

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:27:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Daddy want!  
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By barrelnutz:
so, now we know what that ultra long-range semi-automatic will be.  Rumors have been flying around a 6.5mm.  I heard the Bartlein team talking about how busy they were keeping up with 6.5.  Now, we know what we thought:  It will be the CM.

Interesing rifle from Geissele:  http://soldiersystems.net/2017/09/20/vsass-by-geissele-automatics/
View Quote

You say it will be the CM? I don't think so. This particular rifle is chambered in .260 Remington. And the Larue PredatOBR was first chambered in 260 before they started 6.5CM offerings in their UU kits. These were both choices made for contracts as I understand it. I believe SOCOM is still evaluating between Creedmoor and Remington.

The only thing that's a definite is it will be a 6.5mm pill ;)
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By alpha0815:

You say it will be the CM? I don't think so. This particular rifle is chambered in .260 Remington. And the Larue PredatOBR was first chambered in 260 before they started 6.5CM offerings in their UU kits. These were both choices made for contracts as I understand it. I believe SOCOM is still evaluating between Creedmoor and Remington.

The only thing that's a definite is it will be a 6.5mm pill ;)
View Quote
Yes, I stand corrected.  I had read an earlier report that Geissele was using a Creedmoor, but the article says .260.  And, yes, the military is still evaluating which 6.5mm.  I had heard that the Creedmoor was getting more attention, but we shall see.  Great looking firearm.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Yes, I stand corrected.  I had read an earlier report that Geissele was using a Creedmoor, but the article says .260.  And, yes, the military is still evaluating which 6.5mm.  I had heard that the Creedmoor was getting more attention, but we shall see.  Great looking firearm.
View Quote
Yeah I heard the same that they were still evaluating but it seemed like the initial interest was in the .260. I figured the broad factory offering and data of the Creedmoor would make it more attractive.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 9:07:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveS] [#5]
Yeah I heard the same that they were still evaluating but it seemed like the initial interest was in the .260. I figured the broad factory offering and data of the Creedmoor would make it more attractive.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

FIZAKS makes the CM moar attractive.

.260REM would be stupidity, after the fact, in a gasser with .308WIN mag restriction.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#6]
What is the black plate on the side of the upper receiver?
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#7]
That is one fine looking rifle.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#8]
It shoots really pretty too 
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:37:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Essayons:
What is the black plate on the side of the upper receiver?
View Quote
cam race
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 7:40:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:
It shoots really pretty too 
View Quote

I want more Joy in my life!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top