Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2017 9:48:49 PM EDT
So I just bought my first "precision" upper receiver. It's a used 6.5 Grendel upper and I found a cheaper but seemingly effective cabelas scope. Found a nice set of rings that I thought would work well for this rifle.
Fast forward and it's all put together and in order to get the scope where I wanted it I had to put one mount on the receiver and one mount on the hand guard.
Did I just make a huge mistake...? I haven't shot it yet but I'm curious if I need to move the scope onto the receiver only.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats a no go
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this better...? I feel like such a bonehead, I am confident that it shouldn't be like that and yet I didn't catch it until I posted the picture!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Receiver only is best.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep it on the receiver unless you have a monolithic upper.
Otherwise you run the risk of damaging your scope.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 1:17:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Buy a 1 piece cantilever mount.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:02:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smitters:
Is this better...? I feel like such a bonehead, I am confident that it shouldn't be like that and yet I didn't catch it until I posted the picture!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/289178/IMG_0102-312810.JPG
View Quote
That should be fine but just an FYI, Aero Ultralight SPR or Extended mounts are about  $60 on Amazon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top