Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2017 7:59:14 PM EDT
I see tons of great threads here with tips on building match-quality AR15s, like the shimming and/or blue loctiting of the barrel into the upper receiver, etc.  Is there a book that compiles all these tips?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 2:06:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Torchy] [#1]
Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
I see tons of great threads here with tips on building match-quality AR15s, like the shimming and/or blue loctiting of the barrel into the upper receiver, etc.  Is there a book that compiles all these tips?
View Quote

IDK if every single little item is here on this site but there's not many other things that really contribute. IMO this order

Barrel
High quality tight fitting receiver set- my best luck has been Seekins but I haven't tried them all
high quality glass
trigger
Free float rail

If I could shoot 1/4 MOA at 400 yards then my rifle would but idk if I can. I'm still trying.

my rifle
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:
Zediker Competitive AR15
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:38:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slapdaddy] [#4]
I haven't read Zediker's AR books yet, but if they are anything like his handloading books you've got your work cut out for you.  Lot of solid information and hard do's and dont's, but it's hidden I between tons of stories and anecdotal musings.

Quite the writing style he has.  Had to read everything 3 times and then, "poof" it all just started to make sense.  Still, I easily will recommend his books to anyone wanting more out of their hand loads though.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By slapdaddy:
I haven't read Zediker's AR books yet, but if they are anything like his handloading books you've got your work cut out for you.  Lot of solid information and hard do's and dont's, but it's hidden I between tons of stories and anecdotal musings.

Quite the writing style he has.  Had to read everything 3 times and then, "poof" it all just started to make sense.  Still, I easily will recommend his books to anyone wanting more out of their hand loads though.
View Quote
I thought I was the only one. And you're right, you may have to reread important sections and then it will make sense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top