BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
Sorry for the crappy pics, I was in the middle of doing a quick clean on the BCG
I got it out yesterday and today and got a rough zero, got the gas block adjusted and got a feel for it.
It's a great shooting rifle and I'm amazed by the fact the trigger is factory. I can't see the point in putting in a after market trigger, it's really that good.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/313055/CD091391-4D51-4D16-8213-FFFF2F2B5570-373080.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/313055/B224D8BD-1C11-4519-B78B-7962AD407237-373082.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/313055/36B8996D-CA88-4F8F-9ED7-33BD89F7C303-373083.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/313055/1C37CD4B-1189-489F-B332-747FD82F47A5-373084.JPG
View Quote
Thank you for the photos. It's a nice BCG, I see Savage milled some material from the BCG to keep it light I think. The key seems to be solid. I'm very curious to try the trigger pull. Give us some updates about rifle accuracy when you will have the chance to put some other rounds through it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
A couple weeks ago at work, Vista Outdoors hosted a shoot for us. They had various Savage rifles all topped with the Bushnell engage scopes. They had the MSR-10 LR with a 3-9x36 Engage on it (not impressed with the scope). This was my first group using FGMM 130 Berger AR’s. I’m impressed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 12:45:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zone0ne] [#3]
Now just to wait and see if the price lowers after the new year. If not, I'm grabbing a 6.5CM MSR10 LR from Budsguns as the price is still really awesome.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have heard the accuracy of these rifles are mediocre at best. I do like the concept and placement of the controls. If it wasn't for the reports of poor accuracy I would get one.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By wspe1:
I have heard the accuracy of these rifles are mediocre at best. I do like the concept and placement of the controls. If it wasn't for the reports of poor accuracy I would get one.
View Quote
Sounds like another kit gun.

You're supplied most components, but you have to finish up their work on it yourself.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
Now that i have about 160 rounds thru mine and it seems to have broken in the barrel, the accuracy is pretty good on mine.
Its at least as good as my RPR but not as good as my R700 with a Proof research barrel.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 3:54:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zone0ne] [#7]
View Quote
Where are you seeing this? I've read articles on the 6.5 shooting .73" at 200yds and a post or so above is definitely Sub MOA

Snipers hide has groups around .5 to .6" at 100.

That's good in my book for a gas gun

Are you referring to the Hunter model maybe?

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2017/12/1/review-savage-arms-msr-10-long-range/
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Zone0ne:
Where are you seeing this? I've read articles on the 6.5 shooting .73" at 200yds and a post or so above is definitely Sub MOA

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2017/12/1/review-savage-arms-msr-10-long-range/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Curious about accuracy issues as well since you can get a long range version in 6.5C right now for as little as $1,675 shipped.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I just bought one. So we will see. Groups in this thread are sub Moa as well as the author of the article I posted before.

Now all I have to do is find the best rings for my DMRII optic with 50mm objective lens.

Post the link of the deal you found. I got mine for 1800 shipped.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought one. So we will see. Groups in this thread are sub Moa as well as the author of the article I posted before.

Now all I have to do is find the best rings for my DMRII optic with 50mm objective lens.

Post the link of the deal you found. I got mine for 1800 shipped.
View Quote
GAG has it for that price. https://grabagun.com/savage-msr-10-long-range-6-5cr-22.html
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 2:36:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Good deal for sure.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone have experience with these slam firing, I’ve seen one do it and it was supposedly a weak firing pin spring allowing the firing pin to smack the primer.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By smokeu:
Does anyone have experience with these slam firing, I’ve seen one do it and it was supposedly a weak firing pin spring allowing the firing pin to smack the primer.
View Quote
Hello, low post count guy with second hand reports of issues.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn handled me rough there... I sent you a PM ziarifleman
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 11:32:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn handled me rough there... I sent you a PM ziarifleman
View Quote
There've been a few posters hit this thread with sparse details and low post counts.

Link Posted: 3/11/2018 11:43:38 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
They should probably be sent to Sig for a fix.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Do you mean savage?
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone with the hunter version who has at least 100 rounds shot, is it worth it or would you go another brand? Been considering getting one but with the mixed reports of accuracy, makes me a little nervous to go savage route. Had a 6.5cm bolt rifle but sold it to fund a different rifle. Since this is savage 1st time in the AR world, wasn’t sure they could compete with the guys who have been doing it for awhile. Price seems pretty good for the hunter.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Here is my take on the 6.5  Creed Long Range. I really like the side charging handle, forged upper & lower, tension set screw, adjustable gas block. Trigger is descent for what it is but I did change it to an ELF straight trigger but haven't shot it yet and not impressed with the muzzle break. Fit and finish is good. I'm getting 5 shot .75" groups at 100 yds loading 40.5 grns of H4350 pushing a Hornady 140 grn ELD Match bullet. Sorry no speed on the load operator error on my part. I have had no issues what so ever with the gun.  I'm not a big Savage fan , I have owned some in the past, but with all the features of the gun and the price it's hard to beat shooting .75" groups out of a stock gas gun.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
Wonder how many of these are due to know knowing how to shoot a gas gun properly.

Scott
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Bearcat24:
Anyone with the hunter version who has at least 100 rounds shot, is it worth it or would you go another brand? Been considering getting one but with the mixed reports of accuracy, makes me a little nervous to go savage route. Had a 6.5cm bolt rifle but sold it to fund a different rifle. Since this is savage 1st time in the AR world, wasn’t sure they could compete with the guys who have been doing it for awhile. Price seems pretty good for the hunter.
View Quote
Disregard, going 6.5 Grendel.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 1:18:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Does anyone have experience with these slam firing, I've seen one do it and it was supposedly a weak firing pin spring allowing the firing pin to smack the primer.
View Quote
Mine did it twice last week during a class. I'm thinking it was the primers not the gun because it only did it twice. Both with primers from the same box.
150 rounds shot after that were problem free and held under a minute all the way out to 1000.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Got to shoot the 6.5 hunter a little more over the weekend.   Large improvement in accuracy by changing the trigger and removing muzzle break. The stock trigger on my hunter was poorest ever gotten on AR, and the muzzle break had too much gas going one direction (just opinion).  Really like the way gas system is set up, smoothed carrier edges/finish, accuracy and weight.  And yes, lighter rifles are tougher to shoot accurately.  Have it set up to shoot an omega direct threaded, and it does not carbon up as quickly as others and the carrier finish helps a lot.  While the factory adj stock isn't the best, it works satisfactorily.

Am getting 2650 fps from factory Hdy 140 ELD match rounds, and 2730 from factory Hdy 120 ELD match. It is appearing to fulfill the purpose I got it for, as a lighter 6.5 cm with more advanced features at less expensive price.

Do not like yet another not standard parts interchangeability, but will see how it holds up.  Wish it had the side charger.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:11:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: urbanredneck] [#24]
Originally Posted By ezekeial:
Got to shoot the 6.5 hunter a little more over the weekend.   Large improvement in accuracy by changing the trigger and removing muzzle break. The stock trigger on my hunter was poorest ever gotten on AR, and the muzzle break had too much gas going one direction (just opinion).  Really like the way gas system is set up, smoothed carrier edges/finish, accuracy and weight.  And yes, lighter rifles are tougher to shoot accurately.  Have it set up to shoot an omega direct threaded, and it does not carbon up as quickly as others and the carrier finish helps a lot.  While the factory adj stock isn't the best, it works satisfactorily.

Am getting 2650 fps from factory Hdy 140 ELD match rounds, and 2730 from factory Hdy 120 ELD match. It is appearing to fulfill the purpose I got it for, as a lighter 6.5 cm with more advanced features at less expensive price.

Do not like yet another not standard parts interchangeability, but will see how it holds up.  Wish it had the side charger.
View Quote
Was glad to see savage throw in to the ar market but dont like the msr. Mostly because of the upper and handguard setup... Am i wrong, you crack or strip one of those mounting holes on tbe upper and you are basically screwed... And forget aftermarket.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top