Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2017 2:10:37 PM EDT
I just picked up one of these today. It had been stored in a closet or wooden gun cabinet for a long time. It does have some surface rust, and the stock has “crocodile scales”, looks like the varnish had broken down. I also got 3 boxes of ammo, 2 are centurion brand and one is an old box of Remington I think. What would value of these rifles be? I think i could get my money back just on the ammo. I’m going to break it down and start cleaning the metal up shortly.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Until Centurion started making 5mm again, you could buy the rifles for about $100. Of course, the ammo cost $100 a box as well.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know I converted mine to 5mm Craig. It's a pain in the ass to reload for but fun to pop short range prairie dogs or squirrels. I'll look tonight and see if I can find some of the old targets I shot. It's fairly accurate for a tube fed. The magazine fed are a little more accurate.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I had not heard of them until the guy came by today. I figured any gun that functioned good would be worth $$$ the price I offered for it, but then he said he had 3 full boxes of ammo so I paid him and felt good about it. I know him so I’m confident it’s not stolen, it was one his late fathers guns. I may take it to the gun show next week and see what I can do with it,or I may clean it up and keep it. It’s the 2nd older gun I’ve picked lately, so it may be a trend now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top