Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2017 7:58:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrtatonka]
OK, so a buddy who I served with was in a motorcycle accident last fall.  He had to have his shoulder completely reconstructed.  That being said.  He has a Rem 700 or Ruger American rifle (can't remember) in .30-06.  He would like a muzzle device that would help with the recoil.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:12:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GSPatton] [#1]
Have him shoot left handed (if he is right handed) He will pick it up in no time.  I know a great highpower shooter who did that because he was cross eye dominant.
He probably shouldn't shoot anything on a bum shoulder.  That way he doesn't have to have a giant JP Enterprises recoil eliminator (which I think are the best) on every rifle he has.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:18:32 PM EDT
[#2]
SJT Titan for the .30 caliber would work great.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
06 or .308 AR or Remington auto or Browning auto.
Then put a brake on it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#4]
PWS FSC 30. I put one on my AR10 build, and recoil seems non-existant.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:54:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrtatonka] [#5]
We still can't hunt with semi autos here in PA. don't think he's gonna like jp's option, and I don't know how well the PWS is going to work on a bolt action.  The Titan looks promising though.  Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:59:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I run a Big Chubby on one of my rifles, by far reduces the recoil better than any brake I have used.

I am in no way recoil sensitive as I shoot .30-378 Wby without a brake but this thing flat performs. The Big Chubby is fairly large and heavy though but I run it on a fairly heavy rifle to start with so it is a non-issue to me. I mainly bought it for spotting hits when shooting by myself. They advertise being able to hold on a 2" circle at 100, not sure I can do that but I can see my own hits out to 600 yards even with the scope cranked in the 20x range. I would say my .308 is similar in recoil to .223 bolt gun without a brake or supressor. Also removing it I only see a 1/2 moa shift. Just another option to throw out there.

https://ratworxusa.com/product.cw-bcb-b5824
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 6:59:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Area 419 sidewinder would work well for that. 
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Any of the American Precision Arms bastard series are flat out amazing. I have a little bastard gen ll, it makes my .300 win mag recoil less than an un-braked .308...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top