Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2017 4:04:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mello4430]
Looking into an off the shelf hunting rifle in 300 Win Mag. I have had good luck wth other Browning A and X bolts in the past. Does anyone have any feedback on the Hells Canyon?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Long Range McMillan in 7mm Rem Mag and love it. It's very well built and shoots roughly 1/2 MOA with hand loads.

The only downside to these rifles is they are hunting rifles and the triggers don't adjust down as far as you may want for a target rifle. The trigger is very good, just a bit on the heavy side for LR shooting IMO. There is one brand of aftermarket trigger but I have no experience with them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 12:48:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the hells canyon speed in 300WM and it’s a great rifle.  Very accurate!  Only downside is the crazy metric thread pitch.....makes it challenging to mount a can.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TigerAaron:
I have the hells canyon speed in 300WM and it’s a great rifle.  Very accurate!  Only downside is the crazy metric thread pitch.....makes it challenging to mount a can.
View Quote
New Hell's Canyon Long Ranges are supposed to be shipped with 5/8 threads. The Speed's will still be the stupid metric thread pitch. Not sure why they don't don 1/2x28. We cut the threads off and re-threaded to 1/2x28 for a customer.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cutler25:
New Hell's Canyon Long Ranges are supposed to be shipped with 5/8 threads. The Speed's will still be the stupid metric thread pitch. Not sure why they don't don 1/2x28. We cut the threads off and re-threaded to 1/2x28 for a customer.
View Quote
Yup I can verify the LR is standard 5/8 thread.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I stared long and hard at one the other day. Hells Canyon long range McMillan in 28 Nosler. I sold off my a bolt in 7mm mag and sometimes I wish I still had a reasonable weight bolt action to take hunting.

Browning seem kind of niche but I'd take one any day over almost any other production gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top