Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:32:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoggsAZ] [#1]
Although I have had good results with hand loading 140 grain ELD-M and SST in my HMR, I was intrigued by the potential with Berger bullets.
My initial results are... WOW!
I loaded a series of 135 grain Berger Classic Hunter with H4350 from 42.0 to 43.2 grains in 0.3 grain increments.  The best group was .28 MOA with SD as low as 5!  (YMMV)
Seating depth was SAAMI standard 2.800 inch.  Now, I am by no means an accomplished reloader or shooter, so if I can achieve this kind of result, I am impressed.

I recently determined that seating ELD-M at depths from ten to forty thousands of an inch off the lands will not feed from the magazine.  I will have to see if I can get any improvement from varying the seating depths of the Berger Classic Hunter.  Although, it would be hard to improve upon my initial results with 2.800!

I am planning to re-shoot two of the loads.  One powder charge had the tightest group.  The other was not quite as tight a group, but the lowest SD.  Perhaps a re-shoot can help me decide which to select...

Yes, there are three shots here!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Picked up a .300 Win Mag last week, just finished putting it together today. Hoping to put this thing to good use on a big Wyoming bull next year.

Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had my 6.5 creedmoor HMR for nearly a year now and have been very happy with it since the initial extraction issues were fixed.
I'm trying to install my Geissele super 700 trigger and am having some issues. I cannot get the retaining pins from the stock trigger to budge. I've tried numerous punches and even put the action in a bench vice to no avail. Any tips from you guys that have swapped the trigger? I'm driving the front pin from left to right (left side of receiver) and the rear from right to left. I briefly tried reversing this order with no luck. I'm not a complete amateur (I've built complete AR's etc.). Thanks in advance for the help. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:05:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#4]
The 2 pins each have 1 end that is tapered and the other end is pretty square.  IIRC, the tapered end goes in first when you are reinstalling the trigger.  Photograph your trigger so that you can see the tapered ends.  This will help you to reassemble it correctly.  To remove the pins, I would suggest placing the punch on the tapered end and tapping to back the pin out.  You might use a little penetrating oil (WD40, etc.) if the pin is not cooperating.

Looking at your photo, it looks as though the tapered ends of your pins are on the same side as the safety lever (like the photo below).  But, get a better picture or look with a magnifier to be sure...

Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tperkins:
Picked up a .300 Win Mag last week, just finished putting it together today. Hoping to put this thing to good use on a big Wyoming bull next year.

https://i.imgur.com/mpmBHpk.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/nx6KTMx.jpg
View Quote
Please tell me more about the EOTech Vudu and how you like it compared to others ...
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 5:29:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoggsAZ] [#6]
Originally Posted By sobe:
I've had my 6.5 creedmoor HMR for nearly a year now and have been very happy with it since the initial extraction issues were fixed.
I'm trying to install my Geissele super 700 trigger and am having some issues. I cannot get the retaining pins from the stock trigger to budge. I've tried numerous punches and even put the action in a bench vice to no avail. Any tips from you guys that have swapped the trigger? I'm driving the front pin from left to right (left side of receiver) and the rear from right to left. I briefly tried reversing this order with no luck. I'm not a complete amateur (I've built complete AR's etc.). Thanks in advance for the help. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/120485/IMG_20181128_211537_jpg-754483.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/120485/IMG_20181128_211426_jpg-754484.JPG
View Quote
I had similar issues with the pins in my HMR.
Got them out, but couldn't get them back in!
Super tight, even with lube and tapered end.
Eventually got them in enough, but not as much as to be symmetrical.
So, it's not you...

BTW, keep us posted on that new Geissele trigger in the HMR...
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:02:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Reorx and BoggsAZ thank you for the replies. It's good to hear that I'm not the only one who struggled. It does look to me like the tapered end is on the right side of the receiver. Still no luck with WD-40. I'm starting to gouge into the receiver where the front pin is so I may end up taking it to a gun Smith before I do any damage. So much for an easy swap

I'll post an update on the Geissele trigger when I finally get these pins out.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#8]
How are the stocks on these? Ive looked at them and liked them... Is it something that needs updated?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:03:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#9]
Originally Posted By InternationalM:
How are the stocks on these?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
How are the stocks on these?
Good.

Is it something that needs (to be) updated(/upgraded)?
I don't think so but, as always, YMMV...
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#10]
How are the stocks on these? Ive looked at them and liked them... Is it something that needs updated?
View Quote
It's a nice stock and definitely does not need to be replaced. That being said I replaced mine with a Manners T4A. Definitely not needed though.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By sobe:

It's a nice stock and definitely does not need to be replaced. That being said I replaced mine with a Manners T4A. Definitely not needed though.
View Quote
100%

I almost replaced mine with a Manners but got super lazy and cheap and said it wasn't worth it.  Mine is grouping at 0.2-0.6" as it is, so f it.  I'll buy a manners for a custom build down the road.  The bergara is ready to rock out of the box.  I would save your money for your next purchase rather than spending an ass on replacement parts that are going to give you marginal performance enhancements at best and major headaches if your not so lucky.  Just my 2c.  If you really like manners stocks (who doesn't?), you have the money, and you have the time and ability to break it down and put it back together properly, do it and you may or may not see any improvements but at least you will have what YOU like on YOUR shit.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey guys, I've been thinking of getting a Bergara in 6.5 CM. Should I get the HMR or BMP? Been leaning towards the BMP.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#13]
On those trigger pins, they use some sort of Loctite on them. Use a heat gun to get them up to around 250 degrees and then drive them out with the proper size  punch.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:50:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thornejc] [#14]

5 round zero confirmation with Hornady 140gr Precision Hunter ELD-X.  This is the rifle's best group

Link Posted: 1/3/2019 7:20:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayniac] [#15]
I have a Huber Concepts 2-stage trigger I was wanting to install in my Bergara.
I noticed on the Timney website they state that the Bergara trigger is limited in pull weight due to the heavier firing pin spring.

Anyone have any idea what the minimum weight is, or is there a way to lighten the firing pin spring without causing issues? The Huber trigger I have states a peak weight of 1.947#. If I can't use it I guess I have an excuse to buy another rifle and scope now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By wayniac:
I have a Huber Concepts 2-stage trigger I was wanting to install in my Bergara.
I noticed on the Timney website they state that the Bergara trigger is limited in pull weight due to the heavier firing pin spring.

Anyone have any idea what the minimum weight is, or is there a way to lighten the firing pin spring without causing issues? The Huber trigger I have states a peak weight of 1.947#. If I can't use it I guess I have an excuse to buy another rifle and scope now.
View Quote
I recently got a Huber 2 stage trigger as well...  it's a 2.5# version.  I don't plan to jump through any mental hoops...  I'm going to install it and see how it works...

Link Posted: 1/5/2019 2:04:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey guys... I’ve seen at least two separate answers here n the thread in regards to my question. Can someone confirm the size of the screws on top of the receiver for scope bases?

I’ve seen 6-40 as well as 6-48. Looking at picking up a Larue Remington 700 scope base and I believe the 6-48 screws are included with theirs.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 2:30:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#18]
Originally Posted By mda908:
Hey guys... I’ve seen at least two separate answers here n the thread in regards to my question. Can someone confirm the size of the screws on top of the receiver for scope bases?

I’ve seen 6-40 as well as 6-48. Looking at picking up a Larue Remington 700 scope base and I believe the 6-48 screws are included with theirs.
View Quote
The base that I used on mine is a Badger Ordnance 306-06 and according to their spec drawing, the screws are 6-48s...  the same base will fit on a rem-700 short action (right handed).

Bergara information also agrees >>>

Link Posted: 1/5/2019 2:34:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: drfroglegs] [#19]

View Quote
@mda908

This is what I installed and it was a perfect fit.

For instance, look at all of the reviews. A lot of B14 users leaving reviews that say it's a perfect fit. So that's what I ordered, and it fit perfectly...

Edit: it appears based on the questions that the screws for this rail ARE IN FACT #6-48 and are simply labeled wrong on the listing.

Here is the listing on seeking website that clearly lists it as #6-48 https://www.seekinsprecision.com/moa-scope-bases.html

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the info guys. Don’t know how I missed the info right there on the Pro vs HMR comparison as i was looking at that very same thing earlier last night.

Appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HuskyKMA:
They sell a shorter screw if you plan on removing spacers. Make sure you order two.

http://shop.bergarausa.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=29DAC48D242E4915955ED0C4645F0E4C

They are METRIC wood screws, 6mm I believe. Good luck finding those anywhere in the U.S. of A. I thought that was kind of cheesy too. Should be a good hex or Torx machine screw and all of the required sizes should be included with the gun.

I have the opposite problem since I'm 6'7" tall. Bergara sent me additional spacers for free and I bought the longer screws off of their website.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HuskyKMA:
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
Originally Posted By JustinRyan:
For everyone who has the HMR, do you leave all the spacers in for the LOP? I dropped 2 of the 3 and man was it a biotch to get the screws tightend all the way down..

Also would've preferred they used a hex key instead of what looks like deck screws... which tend to strip out easily
It's the one thing I was also unhappy with.  I thought the deck screws were really cheesy compared to the rest of the gun.   I also dropped from 3 to 1 single spacer and I much prefer that LOP compared to factory.  It's probably easier for them to keep track of the spacers by attaching them to the stock, though.
They sell a shorter screw if you plan on removing spacers. Make sure you order two.

http://shop.bergarausa.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=29DAC48D242E4915955ED0C4645F0E4C

They are METRIC wood screws, 6mm I believe. Good luck finding those anywhere in the U.S. of A. I thought that was kind of cheesy too. Should be a good hex or Torx machine screw and all of the required sizes should be included with the gun.

I have the opposite problem since I'm 6'7" tall. Bergara sent me additional spacers for free and I bought the longer screws off of their website.
Does anyone know the length of the shorter screws?  Also, Phillips, I presume?

And just to add, I spent 7 years in the fastener business.

The only metric wood screws I ever heard of are a brand called Spax.

German, very high quality, and available at Home Depot.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Check your action screws every so often. Hit 643 rounds today in my 308 HMR and packed up to head home and noticed the action rattling in the chassis. Got home and retorqued.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#23]
this over a tikka yes or no?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Utahshootermike:
this over a tikka yes or no?
View Quote
Which Tikka?

Over the T3x TAC A1? No. Over the CTR in another stock? Possibly.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#25]
My rifle seems to be shooting better after 100 rds or so. Shot this 5 rd group at 100 yards. I’m getting my best groups with 120 gr ELD. Also getting good groups with 140 gr ELD and American Gunner.

147 gr ELD and 130 gr Berger didn’t shoot well in my rifle (~ 2 moa but with a small sample size).

Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By M4A1Carbine:
My rifle seems to be shooting better after 100 rds or so. Shot this 5 rd group at 100 yards. I’m getting my best groups with 120 gr ELD. Also getting good groups with 140 gr ELD and American Gunner.

147 gr ELD and 130 gr Berger didn’t shoot well in my rifle (~ 2 moa but with a small sample size).

https://i.imgur.com/jKajx8s.jpg
View Quote
Yea, I find that the ELDs (X and M) and even the American Gunner perform very well in the Bergaras.  Mine (standard HMR) always was easily under 1moa but after shooting it for a few hundred rounds, it started to find its groove a little more.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:48:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayniac] [#27]
Originally Posted By Reorx:
I recently got a Huber 2 stage trigger as well...  it's a 2.5# version.  I don't plan to jump through any mental hoops...  I'm going to install it and see how it works...

https://i.imgur.com/BS30d6j.jpg
View Quote
Installed my Huber trigger tonight. It feels heavier than the ~1lb break it is advertised (the email response from Bergara said it would be as well), but WOW, it is definitely lighter and better than the stock trigger.

It was a straight forward install on mine, pins came right out with little effort. Just make sure you drive them out and replace them in the correct direction. Looked like this when I removed stock.

Pushed the pins through from the left to the right.

Also added an APA Little Bastard muzzle break, hopefully I can get to the range this weekend to try it out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By thornejc:

Yea, I find that the ELDs (X and M) and even the American Gunner perform very well in the Bergaras.  Mine (standard HMR) always was easily under 1moa but after shooting it for a few hundred rounds, it started to find its groove a little more.
View Quote
Mine likes the Hornady Black 140 gr BTHP as well and I can pick those up for $19.99 a box at the local Academy.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Installed my Huber trigger tonight. It feels heavier than the ~1lb break it is advertised (the email response from Bergara said it would be as well), but WOW, it is definitely lighter and better than the stock trigger.

It was a straight forward install on mine, pins came right out with little effort. Just make sure you drive them out and replace them in the correct direction. Looked like this when I removed stock.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/110388/thumbnail1-803328.jpg

Pushed the pins through from the left to the right.

Also added an APA Little Bastard muzzle break, hopefully I can get to the range this weekend to try it out.
View Quote
Glad that everything turned out well.  I haven't done mine yet.  I plan to get to it before the spring.  Can't wait to shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Mine likes the Hornady Black 140 gr BTHP as well and I can pick those up for $19.99 a box at the local Academy.
View Quote
Is Hornady Black and American Gunner not the same thing?  I think I heard somewhere that it was but could be wrong
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#31]
It may be, I saw something online that said the Hornady Black was an Academy Sports exclusive product.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Sheesh... first attempt at this post ended up in the wrong spot. Anyways, ordered my HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor last night, so now the wait begins.

Still trying to decide if I want to throw a brake on it, but I think I will be doing so using a Hellfire. I’ll be using it for not only range shooting but hunting as well and I can go either way there.

Also leaning towards a PST Gen II 3-15 FFP scope. Toyed with the 5-25 but I don’t think the latter is a practical option with the distances we have to hunt here in SE Pennsylvania.

Looking forward to the fun!
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:14:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: drfroglegs] [#33]
Sheesh... first attempt at this post ended up in the wrong spot. Anyways, ordered my HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor last night, so now the wait begins.

Still trying to decide if I want to throw a brake on it, but I think I will be doing so using a Hellfire. I’ll be using it for not only range shooting but hunting as well and I can go either way there.

Also leaning towards a PST Gen II 3-15 FFP scope. Toyed with the 5-25 but I don’t think the latter is a practical option with the distances we have to hunt here in SE Pennsylvania.

View Quote
I've hunted my entire life and I've never wished I had less magnification, only wished I had more. I see no benefit of having a 3x that a 5x can't do, but a lot of benefit in having a 25x that a 16x can't do.

I have two of the Gen 2 5-25 and absolutely love them. You can always crank it down to a 16x, but you can never crank the 16x scope up to a 25x.

You will love the HMR. I sure do love mine!
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:59:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By drfroglegs:
I've hunted my entire life and I've never wished I had less magnification, only wished I had more. I see no benefit of having a 3x that a 5x can't do, but a lot of benefit in having a 25x that a 16x can't do.

I have two of the Gen 2 5-25 and absolutely love them. You can always crank it down to a 16x, but you can never crank the 16x scope up to a 25x.

View Quote
I love my 3-15x, I think it’s the sweet spot for the PST Gen II. I don’t have any practical use for 25x and it’s easier to acquire close up or moving targets at 3x.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
I have that scope and I'm very happy with it. Works very well. I think it'd be better as a 4-20 though. 15 isn't quite enough when trying to shoot tiny groups benchrest style or smaller targets past 800. This is at least for how stable I can get. If you can't get as stable, then 15 will do fine.

So, you can take this to the bank... the scope is a quality piece of gear that does its job well. However, it may not be the correct piece of gear for YOU.

Also... get it in MIL. I got moa because I've always used moa, but mil just works better and i regret not making the switch. Any future scopes and such will be in mil for me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Yes, this is sort of my conundrum. I am just now getting into hunting and quite frankly I'm not sure how much I'll do it. I'd like to think that I will as it is my plan... but sometimes things don't go according to your plans. I'd love the option of 25x, but I'm not sure how the 5x vs the 3x on the low end will affect me. Unfortunately I don't have enough friends that shoot or hunt and the few that I do have, hunt primarily with 3-9 scopes. Decisions, decisions.

I love my 3-15x, I think it’s the sweet spot for the PST Gen II. I don’t have any practical use for 25x and it’s easier to acquire close up or moving targets at 3x.
Not sure I have practical use for the 25x either, but like others have said it's better to have and not use, then to need in the future and not have. And I'm with you worrying about the low end for close up quarry.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:36:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drfroglegs] [#37]

Yes, this is sort of my conundrum. I am just now getting into hunting and quite frankly I'm not sure how much I'll do it. I'd like to think that I will as it is my plan... but sometimes things don't go according to your plans. I'd love the option of 25x, but I'm not sure how the 5x vs the 3x on the low end will affect me. Unfortunately I don't have enough friends that shoot or hunt and the few that I do have, hunt primarily with 3-9 scopes. Decisions, decisions.

Not sure I have practical use for the 25x either, but like others have said it's better to have and not use, then to need in the future and not have. And I'm with you worrying about the low end for close up quarry.
View Quote
I can say without hesitation that I have never shot a deer in my life at 3x. Have you? I have shot plenty of deer at full magnification, and my primary hunting scope is a 14x, but there has been plenty of times where I wished I had more magnification with that scope/rifle.

One time I was hunting a field where I was basically in a field facing a horseshoe of woods (like on top of a U looking at a field. The entire woodline has a 200yrd shot max, so I brought my 4.5-14x Leupold (Boone and crocket). I'll be damned if a 8pt buck didn't come out behind me about 600yrds away. I had a 308, and I'm sure it would make it no problem, but I'm not confident enough to make that shot with a 14x zoom (you may be, I'm not). If I had my 25x scope I would most certainly taken the shot.

Just have to assess your needs. I agree the 16x scope will be clearer at 16x than the 25x will be at 16x, but I think that pales in comparison to the extra benefits of having the 25x zoom. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#38]
I can say without hesitation that I have never shot a deer in my life at 3x. Have you? I have shot plenty of deer at full magnification, and my primary hunting scope is a 14x, but there has been plenty of times where I wished I had more magnification with that scope/rifle.

One time I was hunting a field where I was basically in a field facing a horseshoe of woods (like on top of a U looking at a field. The entire woodline has a 200yrd shot max, so I brought my 4.5-14x Leupold (Boone and crocket). I'll be damned if a 8pt buck didn't come out behind me about 600yrds away. I had a 308, and I'm sure it would make it no problem, but I'm not confident enough to make that shot with a 14x zoom (you may be, I'm not). If I had my 25x scope I would most certainly taken the shot.

Just have to assess your needs. I agree the 16x scope will be clearer at 16x than the 25x will be at 16x, but I think that pales in comparison to the extra benefits of having the 25x zoom. Just my opinion.
View Quote
I’ll respectfully disagree. I think most people tend towards way more magnification than needed. 600 yards at 14x is the same sight picture as shooting at 43 yards with no zoom. More magnification reduces the exit pupil and field of view and increases the effects of mirage and reticle quiver.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#39]

I’ll respectfully disagree. I think most people tend towards way more magnification than needed. 600 yards at 14x is the same sight picture as shooting at 43 yards with no zoom. More magnification reduces the exit pupil and field of view and increases the effects of mirage and reticle quiver.
View Quote
I would have to agree with this. Most people use way more magnification than is needed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:24:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: drfroglegs] [#40]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

I would have to agree with this. Most people use way more magnification than is needed.
View Quote
With all due respect, that doesn't make sense in this context.

Were not talking about hitting a steel plate at 1k yards where a hits a hit, were talking about placing an ethical heart/lung shot at 600 yards. To argue more magnification is not needed in this situation is just not true. The more accurate shot you can place on game the better. There is no argument that more zoom yields more accuracy, otherwise f-class and other bench rest shooters would use 10x.

I agree it's nice to have a low zoom range for near dark shots at closer range or to zoom out to locate game. But you can barely see a difference between 3x and 5x, so that's a wash between the two scopes. But there is a significant difference between 15x and 25x, enough that could mean being able to take an ethical shot versus just shooting and praying you hit something.

And if you plan to take it out past 1k yards target shooting, there is even more of a reason to go with the higher magnification.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 3:29:57 AM EDT
[#41]

There is no argument that more zoom yields more accuracy, otherwise f-class and other bench rest shooters would use 10x.
View Quote
More magnification doesn’t help you shoot better, it only helps you see better. Like I said before, a deer at 600 yards at 14x is the same as seeing a deer with no zoom at 43 yards. Whether you can make the shot or not is a separate matter.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:52:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FritzTKatt] [#42]

More magnification doesn’t help you shoot better, it only helps you see better. Like I said before, a deer at 600 yards at 14x is the same as seeing a deer with no zoom at 43 yards. Whether you can make the shot or not is a separate matter.
View Quote
This.

Notice in my above post about the 3-15, I suggested that it's a bit lacking in zoom after a distance, but if you can't hold steady enough then it's unnecessary to go higher, as you wouldn't be able to use it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
The same deer at 25x is the equivalent of 24 yards away. I feel a lot better about a 24 yard shot than a 43 yard shot with open sights, don't you?

Aim small, miss small. Aim big, miss big. I see your point, there is certainly diminishing returns at some point, but I don't think 25x is it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#44]
I am buying a hmr in 300 win this week putting a zeiss 3x12x56 30mm tube what rings and bases should I get
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 3:21:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Has anyone here successfully installed any of the KRG chassis on their HMR? Direct fit, no fitting required?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:03:52 PM EDT
[#46]
What height Leupold Mark 4 rings do you guys use?
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 2:10:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#47]
Originally Posted By Dutchski:
What height Leupold Mark 4 rings do you guys use?
View Quote
I'm using Mark 4 "high" rings (60699) and a 20 MOA BadgerOrdnance "Maximized 1 piece steel base" (306-06).  Final sight height is 2.15" above the bore.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 2:41:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#48]
I'm using Mark 4 "high" rings (60699) and a 20 MOA BadgerOrdnance "Maximized 1 piece steel base" (306-06).  Final sight height is 2.15" above the bore.  
View Quote
What scope are you using? Seems a little high
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 12:06:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#49]
View All Quotes
At this point, the optic is an SWFA fixed 10x (10x42).  I have another on order with a 50 mm objective...  and yes, it is a little high but not a lot high and it's comfortable for me.  I don't try to use the lowest possible rings on rifles that I can/will dial elevation corrections for distance.  Ease of use & "comfort" are more important to me...  Most folks end up about 2" above the bore - this is in that ballpark.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#50]
At this point, the optic is an SWFA fixed 10x (10x42).  I have another on order with a 50 mm objective...  and yes, it is a little high but not a lot high and it's comfortable for me.  I don't try to use the lowest possible rings on rifles that I can/will dial elevation corrections for distance.  Ease of use & "comfort" are more important to me...  Most folks end up about 2" above the bore - this is in that ballpark.
View Quote
Interesting. I have a Nightforce 3.15-15x50 on my rem700 in nightforce low rings where height over bore is 1.7"
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top