Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 10:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

There was a thread on Snipershide with some 9mm bolt action pre order but I think it was a 700 based action which didn't make any sense to me. I totally agree that a dedicated 9mm sized or just pistol caliber sized action would be pretty cool. Something like a toggle or straight pull with high cap mags would be fantastic. Couple people have converted the Armscor/RIA 22 TCM bolt actions to 9mm with some success.
View Quote

The Armscor 22TCM bolt action conversion takes a little bit of work to the bolt face (about .014" diameter difference between the rims), but you can actually just turn a 9mm AR barrel (that's a White Label Armory barrel in the picture below) to the correct thread tenon dimensions and cut a feed ramp in once the barrel is timed. Works like a charm.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish a shop would do them. SIA did a few Novem carbines but the others I’ve seen were one offs. Still not ideal as the work and barrel could cost the same as the gun if not more.

Give me a Ruger American with the same magwell as their PCC.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a mini fix but unfortunately it's back at Q for warranty work. Started to have light primer strikes. If they don't get it back to me in a timely manner I will ask for a refund. I really love the gun and it is the most fun gun to shoot suppressed. I just think the action has some flaws that are starting to pop up. I'm not the only one. I also want a short bolt action for supers not sure what caliber yet.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish a shop would do them. SIA did a few Novem carbines but the others I’ve seen were one offs. Still not ideal as the work and barrel could cost the same as the gun if not more.

View Quote

yeah, a bolt action 9mm (or 45) that took glock mags? That I would buy. Doesn't make sense to me to get into rifle length rounds just to make them subsonic for quiet plinking. But a 147gn 9mm that sounds like a 22? That would be fun
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mc556:
Yup the new 8.6 Blackout is pretty close. It’s not just  a neck up though I’m pretty sure it’s shortened a bit to allow those long ass 338 bullets
View Quote

The 8.6 blackout was going to be called 8.6 creedmoor.   What started with me being sarcastic may actually be a cool pistol round.

I didn’t get around to mentioning it, but what I’d really like is a 9mm bolt action pistol with a length appropriate action.   I’m not sure how much demand there would be.  It would be a very cool suppressor host with 147 subs.   The draw would be cheap to shoot especially if reloading.
View Quote

There was a thread on Snipershide with some 9mm bolt action pre order but I think it was a 700 based action which didn't make any sense to me. I totally agree that a dedicated 9mm sized or just pistol caliber sized action would be pretty cool. Something like a toggle or straight pull with high cap mags would be fantastic. I think the reason we don't see them is most prefer a semi auto. Couple people have converted the Armscor/RIA 22 TCM bolt actions to 9mm with some success.
View Quote

There was.
There was a one off custom that I believe a GAP employee made that was based off a CZ or something that took Glock mags.  I forget the price but it was sold before I saw it.  Wasn’t cheap but was pretty bad ass.

This thread has me thinking about a few options for big bore.
45 Raptor being a thought.  I have a molds for .452 bullets and also my .45 lc dies would work on the seating and crimp.
    I’d just need cut, ream &trim 30-06 brass or buy Starline

For a 9mm I’d like to dream up something using AR platform with locking bolt
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By WhiteDingo:

The Armscor 22TCM bolt action conversion takes a little bit of work to the bolt face (about .014" diameter difference between the rims), but you can actually just turn a 9mm AR barrel (that's a White Label Armory barrel in the picture below) to the correct thread tenon dimensions and cut a feed ramp in once the barrel is timed. Works like a charm.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/65278/IMG_20210613_172821_245_jpg-2371465.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

There was a thread on Snipershide with some 9mm bolt action pre order but I think it was a 700 based action which didn't make any sense to me. I totally agree that a dedicated 9mm sized or just pistol caliber sized action would be pretty cool. Something like a toggle or straight pull with high cap mags would be fantastic. Couple people have converted the Armscor/RIA 22 TCM bolt actions to 9mm with some success.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/65278/IMG_20210613_172821_245_jpg-2371465.JPG

Does the action copy any pattern or is it a original Armscor design?   Just thinking about stock/chassis options.

I was thinking about how cmmg uses a modified AR bolt for their delayed 9mm system.  Maybe make a locking version.
What you have there looks like a much easier path for sure than what I was thinking.

Link Posted: 5/4/2022 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mc556:

Does the action copy any pattern or is it a original Armscor design?   Just thinking about stock/chassis options.

I was thinking about how cmmg uses a modified AR bolt for their delayed 9mm system.  Maybe make a locking version.
What you have there looks like a much easier path for sure than what I was thinking.

View Quote

I've not seen any aftermarket stocks that fit the Armscor action; it doesn't fit any other receiver pattern that I know of.
Your options are the factory wood, or the "M22 Tactical" synthetic, at least as far as I'm aware.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 10:54:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Clint50] [#8]
Just added the Fortis Torque PG, in carbon fiber. Stopped in at Capitol Armory today, to discuss mounting options for my Dead Air Nomad Ti. They suggested going with a direct mount so I may do that.
Next addition will be a decent bipod.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Clint50:
Just added the Fortis Torque PG, in carbon fiber. Stopped in at Capitol Armory today, to discuss mounting options for my Dead Air Nomad Ti. They suggested going with a direct mount so I may do that.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/52988/MPP-16_JPG-2372609.JPG
View Quote

Grip looks good. I was thinking the same thing.  What 1913 folder is that and can you change buffer tubes?  Looking for options when I SBR mine...  
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 4:48:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

Grip looks good. I was thinking the same thing.  What 1913 folder is that and can you change buffer tubes?  Looking for options when I SBR mine...  
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52051183191_b3a97cf925_k.jpg
View Quote

That was the brace that was on my 223 MPP, when I purchased it at my LGS.  I prefer this one so when I purchased my 300bkt MPP, I swapped the braces
The buffer tube can probably be changed but I haven't tried to take anything apart, yet.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

I need stop looking at these!
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:

No, You need one for science...
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Curtis Tactical was working on or now has a 9mm bolt action. TFB did a write upa while back.

I’ve got an AEM5-30 that isn’t being used at the moment and was thinking of doing as short of a .300 BLK SBR as possible to take it. Would be a great hunting rig with supers and also have the ability to run subs for the stupid fun.

I’ll have to look into all the chassis options and what minimal barrel length I could get away with.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Curtis Tactical was working on or now has a 9mm bolt action. TFB did a write upa while back.

I’ve got an AEM5-30 that isn’t being used at the moment and was thinking of doing as short of a .300 BLK SBR as possible to take it. Would be a great hunting rig with supers and also have the ability to run subs for the stupid fun.

I’ll have to look into all the chassis options and what minimal barrel length I could get away with.
View Quote

That woud make a cool set-up.  Looking forward to seeing what you put together!  
I just found this last night while perusing Youtube.  I didnt realize B&T made a shorty Bolt Action in 300 BLK.  It is the B&T 300 SPR.  Has a 9.8" barrel with a over the barrel suppressor.  Pretty rad.  From what I can tell it was discontinued.  Likely the price and it was a factory 2 stamp set-up.  Would probably sell better now that there is efile form 4's.

World’s quietest Sniper rifle. B&T 300 SPR

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#15]

I just found this last night while perusing Youtube.  I didnt realize B&T made a shorty Bolt Action in 300 BLK.  It is the B&T 300 SPR.  Has a 9.8" barrel with a over the barrel suppressor.  Pretty rad.  From what I can tell it was discontinued.  Likely the price and it was a factory 2 stamp set-up.  Would probably sell better now that there is efile form 4's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRl2jB6QVVs

View Quote

I don't know if it ever got imported but I think it was super expensive.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

$5k +/- before stamps, and mags were over $100 a piece. Lot to drop on a super niche rifle
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Izhevsk54r:

$5k +/- before stamps, and mags were over $100 a piece. Lot to drop on a super niche rifle
View All Quotes

Yeah that's more than a tough sell. You could have a ground up custom rifle built with the best components for less than that.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Yeah that's more than a tough sell. You could have a ground up custom rifle built with the best components for less than that.
View All Quotes

.gov doesn’t care it’s not their money being spent.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#19]
My Q Mini Fix, with Steiner P4Xi lpvo and Warne QD XSKEL cantilever mount, Dead Air Nomad Ti still in jail

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:21:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MDStroup] [#20]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

yeah, a bolt action 9mm (or 45) that took glock mags? That I would buy. Doesn't make sense to me to get into rifle length rounds just to make them subsonic for quiet plinking. But a 147gn 9mm that sounds like a 22? That would be fun
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

It aint cheap, but this is always an option. They do great work and there is a thread over on Snipers Hide.

https://curtistacticalsuppressorsandrifles.com/curtis-tactical-brand-rifles/CTSR-CT700P%20-on-remington-700-sa

Here is the thread:

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/9mm-bolt-action-rifle-looking-for-people-with-experience-with-the-manufacturer-curtis-tactical.7018409/

Edit: see that i should have kept reading. But at least i provided links to the actual rifle
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:27:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Just found this thread. How is your search for the SBR build? I picked mine up in 6.5 CM, which is 12.5" 1:8. Going with Leupold VX3 3-10. Plan to use as a pig/truck gun. If all goes well with it, I am strongly considering an SBR stamp. Have you found any good solutions for 1913 butt-stocks?
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By BadBiddy:
Just found this thread. How is your search for the SBR build? I picked mine up in 6.5 CM, which is 12.5" 1:8. Going with Leupold VX3 3-10. Plan to use as a pig/truck gun. If all goes well with it, I am strongly considering an SBR stamp. Have you found any good solutions for 1913 butt-stocks?
View Quote

There are a few options Ive been looking at.  A MDT with a MI Folding pic to Buffer tube adapder, A3 has a couple, and Jmack.  I still havent decided on the stock, but I am filing the F1 ppwk.  

Here is a recent pic of mine...

Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I would love an update on this rifle
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

I stumbled onto this folder/buffer tube adapter and think it may be the same one on my MPP.
https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Midwest-Industries-STAP-SF-BT-Side-Folding-1913-Bu-p/mi-stap-sf-bt.htm
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Had her out last weekend...

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#26]
.300 BLK Ruger American SBR project is wrapped up

Link Posted: 8/19/2022 2:58:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tooter] [#27]
(sorry, wrong thread)
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#28]

https://i.imgur.com/VJcoxGN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5RjiRL1.jpg
View Quote
now that looks quiet , two thumbs up
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

That's awesome.  What are the details?  

Pic thread!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Joining the party

Link Posted: 11/15/2022 12:56:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nyktos] [#31]
fuck the aft
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Nyktos:
Had this for awhile now.
Elf owl 9" barrel.

Currently set up a bit different now. It has a 2.5-10 GLX with a NVD shroud for a clip on thermal now days.

Have taken it out to 500yds with 220gr subs. The goal is 700 yds with subs (for fun obviously).

Also has taken a lot of hogs with the furthest being a out 450yds with 110 gr barnes. No coyotes yet unfortunately.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185314/IMG_20221115_105025_jpg-2600866.JPG

Current set up

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185314/signal-2022-10-25-17-53-01-466_jpg-2600871.JPG
View Quote
yup that's pretty bad ass
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#33]
ARC just announced a Black Friday sale starting on the 25th; Nukes going for $799. Going to be really hard to pass that up and build my own SBR bolt out of it

If only their Xylo chassis was folding...it'd fit what I want so much better
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:49:47 AM EDT
[#34]
My Dead Air Nomad Ti was approved, Tuesday, and I picked it up at Capitol Armory, today. Now, I just need to put some subs downrange.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:54:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By PA452:
Just picked up a Uintah bolt action upper in .300Blk for my SBR. Doesn't look very short set up like this, but it's a 10.5" barrel.

https://i.imgur.com/B6U2KyD.jpg
View Quote

That's a PA hunting rig if I've ever seen one...
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:58:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

That's a PA hunting rig if I've ever seen one...
View Quote

Pretty much, other than the thermal scope.

Even if I wasn't in PA though, the bolt action upper sort of appeals to me, mostly for better suppression.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

@Outrider what buffer tube, hinge and stock is that?
Everything is looking great!
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ZF-1:

@Outrider what buffer tube, hinge and stock is that?
Everything is looking great!
View Quote

Chassis and hinge is from Indian Creek Design. You can run a standard buffer tube with it. Stock is LWRC compact.

I may end up down the road going for an even shorter, fast twist barrel and a lighter can. The AEM5-30 is an absolute pig and this is a hunting oriented rig.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Phase one of project "this is a dumb idea" is complete!

Now on to phase two - figuring out the barrel...probably going to need to wait until next year though
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Bumping a neat thread.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Rem700 w/ 9" KAK 300BO barrel on a Manners CS Stock
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 6:06:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gr8Santini] [#42]
Originally Posted By nj0ywatch1np0rn:
Rem700 w/ 9" KAK 300BO barrel on a Manners CS Stock
https://i.imgur.com/XjFbMCil.jpg
View Quote

That is awesome!

Working on a Ruger American ranch 7” 300 BO project.

Update
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#43]
That’s pretty cool. I’m considering a 300blk ruger ranch at 10.5ish with a pin and welded YHM R9 project for a 1 stamp build
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:
Phase one of project "this is a dumb idea" is complete!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/22779/IMG_1741-cropped-2627031.jpg

Now on to phase two - figuring out the barrel...probably going to need to wait until next year though
View Quote

Phase two complete....barrel ordered:

Now to order another Xeno brake for it, and figure out what pistol/SBR chassis to buy for it...so far choices are either a Black Collar Pork Sword, or a JTac Screech Owl...I'm not particularly sold on either. Most of the other chassis I looked at used AR buffer tube-style stocks which I don't want; they're too fat/thick...I'm looking for something thinner than that. Best option would be something like a Sig Cross stock on a pic adapter...I don't know if anyone makes a stock like that. Assuming I decide I like this thing enough to SBR it that is...
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Finished the Ruger American 300 BO project.  9” barrel.

Link Posted: 4/1/2023 6:32:19 AM EDT
[#46]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/22779/barrel-300blk-2765329.jpg

Now to order another Xeno brake for it, and figure out what pistol/SBR chassis to buy for it...so far choices are either a Black Collar Pork Sword, or a JTac Screech Owl...I'm not particularly sold on either. Most of the other chassis I looked at used AR buffer tube-style stocks which I don't want; they're too fat/thick...I'm looking for something thinner than that. Best option would be something like a Sig Cross stock on a pic adapter...I don't know if anyone makes a stock like that. Assuming I decide I like this thing enough to SBR it that is...
View Quote

Sig has sold the cross stock by itself in the past to people that have called customer service, and I believe it's the same interface as their picatinny folding knuckle for their MPX/MCX stocks
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Sig has sold the cross stock by itself in the past to people that have called customer service, and I believe it's the same interface as their picatinny folding knuckle for their MPX/MCX stocks
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/22779/barrel-300blk-2765329.jpg

Yup - there's a few places that sell it...it's finding the folding knuckle that interfaces with M1913/pic rails that's the issue. I think I found a source for that too...but I wound up ordering a "Kate Moss" - type stock, and I'll see how that works out first. And filed the paperwork to SBR it...figured why the hell not, what's $200 and a year of waiting
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Phase ...uh, 3, 4, 5 complete, 6 in progress?

Chassis and trigger came in, followed by a potential stock (which, if I decide to not use it here, I can use it elsewhere):

What it would look like, roughly, if the stock were attached:

Barrel should only extend another inch or inch and a half past the end of the handguard, so...should be nice

And, I filed for a stamp from the ATF, so...maybe in a couple months, it'll be complete-complete? Until then I can use it as the pistol I originally envisioned and see how it does.

Sadly, mocking up the stock, it does not sit on the right side cleanly...it interferes with the bolt handle I was hoping the stock would fold to the right cleanly, like a Sig Cross. I mocked up with the stock from my Cross incidentally, and that interferes too...the stock would need to be mounted up super high on a knuckle of some kind, and even then - the rear of the bolt actually extends further than the rear pic rail a little...so any knuckle would need to be flush with the rear of the pic rail at best. But, given that the bolt handle is what it is...a left-side folding stock is about the best I could expect.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Phase ...uh, 3, 4, 5 complete, 6 in progress?

Chassis and trigger came in, followed by a potential stock (which, if I decide to not use it here, I can use it elsewhere):

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/22779/IMG_1937-cropped-2781239.jpg

What it would look like, roughly, if the stock were attached:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/22779/IMG_1938-cropped-2781240.jpg

Barrel should only extend another inch or inch and a half past the end of the handguard, so...should be nice

And, I filed for a stamp from the ATF, so...maybe in a couple months, it'll be complete-complete? Until then I can use it as the pistol I originally envisioned and see how it does.

Sadly, mocking up the stock, it does not sit on the right side cleanly...it interferes with the bolt handle I was hoping the stock would fold to the right cleanly, like a Sig Cross. I mocked up with the stock from my Cross incidentally, and that interferes too...the stock would need to be mounted up super high on a knuckle of some kind, and even then - the rear of the bolt actually extends further than the rear pic rail a little...so any knuckle would need to be flush with the rear of the pic rail at best. But, given that the bolt handle is what it is...a left-side folding stock is about the best I could expect.
View Quote

Love it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Aside from 300bo, what are some other calibers that tolerate short barrels better?

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top