User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 7:28:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mc556:

In the store?
View Quote
Yep. I'm the guy the owner called over to take a look at it.
Glad your rifle's shooting well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#2]
So a Q for you guys who have one....

How smooth is the bolt movement locking/unlocking is as compared say to a Ruger/CZ/Tikka ?
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Burnsome-:

How smooth is the bolt movement locking/unlocking is as compared say to a Ruger/CZ/Tikka ?
View Quote
Smoother than Ruger and CZ, on par with Tikka.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 10:42:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mc556] [#4]

View Quote
It’s extremely smooth. I don’t own a Tikka but better than a CZ and the Ruger
I’d say more in line with my NULA or a Vintage 03A3 sporter
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Shot my B-14R today. It really loves Center X, the Midas + was the first 10 rounds down the barrel and wasn’t seasoned yet.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesomeness
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#7]
For a Sub $1000 rifle offering the features it does I’d say this is liking like a real winner for Bergara.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 7:14:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Hows it shoot with CCI SV?
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
Shot my B-14R today. It really loves Center X, the Midas + was the first 10 rounds down the barrel and wasn’t seasoned yet.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/202402/6349AF8A-91F5-4037-868F-2D845C024157_jpeg-1206663.JPG
View Quote
Very nice shooting.

How is the trigger?  My buddy has one in Kentucky and his has a 2.5 lb trigger.

He says if he gets the trigger pull down it will help on the groups.

Right now he says, if this gun shoots as good as his CZ 457 PT then he would classify them  (Based on accuracy, fit and finish, and ease of use) as:

Vudoo > Bergara > CZ 457 (manners stock) > Kidd SG (Titan Stock), Tikka T1x (Bravo) > RPRr (BSF barrel), CZ 455 (Rigid Alloy) > Ruger American Target > Savage -
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Hows it shoot with CCI SV?
View Quote
I’ve only shot one box so not exactly a huge sample.  From that box it was shooting 3/4 to 1 MOA at 50 yards.   It was cold and a slight drizzle so not the best conditions.  So far Eley Contact has worked awesome.  They did market that as a match auto loader ( bentz chamber ) round.   I have some Club I haven’t shot yet that was great in my CZ.

I will try some cheaper auto match etc and post at some point.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By stre-tch:
Very nice shooting.

Right now he says, if this gun shoots as good as his CZ 457 PT then he would classify them  (Based on accuracy, fit and finish, and ease of use) as:

Vudoo > Bergara > CZ 457 (manners stock) > Kidd SG (Titan Stock), Tikka T1x (Bravo) > RPRr (BSF barrel), CZ 455 (Rigid Alloy) > Ruger American Target > Savage -
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stre-tch:
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/202402/6349AF8A-91F5-4037-868F-2D845C024157_jpeg-1206663.JPG
Very nice shooting.

With my Lyman trigger pull gauge it was showing 1.47lbs average.  That was how it arrived and is lower than I thought they were supposed to go.  It’s not a TriggerTech Diamond but it’s as nicer than a than a Timmy I have in another rifle.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#12]

With my Lyman trigger pull gauge it was showing 1.47lbs average.  That was how it arrived and is lower than I thought they were supposed to go.  It’s not a TriggerTech Diamond but it’s as nicer than a than a Timmy I have in another rifle.
View Quote
I heard it’s their own trigger they are doing now. Mine is right at 2.0 #s.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 3:19:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice to see an alternative to the Voodoo, which is way too expensive for what it is.

Only so many ways to skin the AICS cat, so I hope the mag issue gets resolved quickly.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:23:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rob01] [#14]
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:11:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Rob01:
No it's not. Have you ever bought a custom rifle? It has a custom action that is smooth and you can run hard as a centerfire without worrying about damage, controlled round feed so the round goes directly into the chamber and doesn't deform the bullet for best accuracy and you can also dry fire without problems. They come with a custom barrel with a match chamber and threaded for a muzzle device. Not to mention the mags. Some of this doesn't mean anything to some people but it all makes a great package which is well worth the price tag which isn't much out of line with others in that quality range.

Having used one for over 2 years now I can tell you it is all it is advertised to be and more. Take a look at one and shoot it sometime. It will change your mind.

And that is not to take away from the Bergara. If I was wanting to keep the price tag down I would chose one over the others in that price range for its similar features to the Vudoo.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Originally Posted By Middlelength:
Nice to see an alternative to the Voodoo, which is way too expensive for what it is.
No it's not. Have you ever bought a custom rifle? It has a custom action that is smooth and you can run hard as a centerfire without worrying about damage, controlled round feed so the round goes directly into the chamber and doesn't deform the bullet for best accuracy and you can also dry fire without problems. They come with a custom barrel with a match chamber and threaded for a muzzle device. Not to mention the mags. Some of this doesn't mean anything to some people but it all makes a great package which is well worth the price tag which isn't much out of line with others in that quality range.

Having used one for over 2 years now I can tell you it is all it is advertised to be and more. Take a look at one and shoot it sometime. It will change your mind.

And that is not to take away from the Bergara. If I was wanting to keep the price tag down I would chose one over the others in that price range for its similar features to the Vudoo.
Rob01 is right.  As a guy who is pretty heavily into manufacturing and Q.C. it bugs the crap out of me to hear people try to tear down good custom makers thinking that a (truly) custom built item should cost only a couple pennies more than a mass produced one.  It doesn't work that way.

As a guy with both factory and fully custom guns; I enjoy both...but I darn well know the difference between the two.

I would love a Vudoo....but being that my eyes just aren't what they used to be, I'll be better served by the Bergara personally.  But don't think that having a Vudoo still wouldn't cross my mind...because it would.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Vudoo is definitely not overpriced but it is expensive.
Honestly nothing against my new Bergara but a V22 would have been my first choice.  This B14 is shooting very well but is still a mass produced off the shelf rifle.   That being said I was OTD tax etc at about 40% the cost of a V22.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:05:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ocabj] [#17]
Doesn't really matter that the B14 is less expensive than a V-22. A Nightforce ATACR 7-35x still costs the same no matter what rifle you put it on...
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ocabj:
Doesn't really matter that the B14 is less expensive than a V-22. A Nightforce ATACR 7-35x still costs the same no matter what rifle you put it on...
View Quote
Since my younger days, I have learned that you are better off putting high priced optics and mounts on a "cheaper" gun than the other way around.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#19]
tag for any user updates and/or range reports
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 4:49:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: quietm4] [#20]
Just got back from the range.  My friend was breaking in his new rifle; 0.3-0.5" groups with Norma match ammo, 25 yards.  Trigger is great, bolt is smooth, mag is easy to load.  Very nice rifle. He's headed to the Lapua Rimfire center down the road from the range on Monday...we'll see what Lapua ammo it likes the best (perks of living in Mesa AZ).

I have no doubt the rifle will do better than 0.3" groups...we weren't really trying too hard, plus it was a bit windy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I handled one at SHOT yesterday, and because of the price it will be my next rimfire.

A vudu at this point would be wasted on me.

The Tikka doesn't have the feel of this rifle, it's more of a woods sporter than a range rifle.

I just have to have a threaded barrel/bolt action for my rimfire suppressors.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 308Sako:

A vudu at this point would be wasted on me.
View Quote
I dont understand.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:58:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#23]
What is so hard to understand?

Isn’t it obvious that a production target rifle that is pretty good at a manageable cost for a lot more guys (who still think they are spending a lot) has greater appeal?

Yes, it isn’t a vudoo but it sure looks like it will function for most users to suit the same purpose and be miles ahead of something that is all show and no go like the Ruger precision rimfire.

Ferrari > corvette > challenger.

I think it hits a home run at the price point.   I like the Vudoo but I think it’s beyond what I can justify spending.  It doesn’t make it bad or unjustly priced, it just makes it probably not manageable for me.   I am more concerned with propping up my retirement accounts.  

As my friend’s wife used to say about variable pricing seats in the airline industry, “there is an ass for every seat”.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:
What is so hard to understand?

Isn't it obvious that a production target rifle that is pretty good at a manageable cost for a lot more guys (who still think they are spending a lot) has greater appeal?

Yes, it isn't a vudoo but it sure looks like it will function for most users to suit the same purpose and be miles ahead of something that is all show and no go like the Ruger precision rimfire.

Ferrari > corvette > challenger.

I think it hits a home run at the price point.   I like the Vudoo but I think it's beyond what I can justify spending.  It doesn't make it bad or unjustly priced, it just makes it probably not manageable for me.   I am more concerned with propping up my retirement accounts.  

As my friend's wife used to say about variable pricing seats in the airline industry, "there is an ass for every seat".  
View Quote
Perfectly stated.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:21:19 AM EDT
[#25]
I only said I dont understand because that train of thought has never made sense to me.

Same thing when people say "I am not good enough to try competitions."

If a Vudoo is too expensive, I get that.

But what I dont get is "I will buy a cheaper rifle while I learn."

While you are learning is absolutely the time to get the best gear you can possibly afford.

That shot that went wide left...  Did you miss a wind change, was your natural point of aim off, was it ammo, time for a new barrel, ect.  At least with a rock solid rifle and good ammo you will know that when the bullet doesent end up where you wanted it to, it was you that screwed it up.  I hate second guessing my gear.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:49:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#26]
I changed pressure on the comb/ rolled my head over.  

At a certain point in rimfire you are at the mercy of your ammo and a lot less so the rifle.   That’s part of the challenge or maybe the insanity.  

Edit to add I do know of Bergara rifles that didn’t shoot and had to go back.   My machinist buddy bought one for his son, bedding wasn’t right and the gun shot poorly until it came back.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#27]
These look incredible
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Hoser:

I dont understand.
View Quote
Age, eyes and overall infirmities LOL

But I can still appreciate the Vudu's for what they are.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm not stoked about a threaded on barrel for these.  I'd like the ability to swap it myself as I can with all of my 22's.

I'm not stoked about the 90 deg. bolt lift.  They should have done a 60 deg. lift.

I'm not stoked about what I've seen on the internet regarding bullet shaving with the controlled round feeding on these.  Controlled round feeding is great if it's done right.....  But I've seen evidence of bullet shaving on these.  That makes it no better than the CZ's and Tikkas in this regard if the issue continues.

Overall - I won't be buying one.  Sticking with my T1x for now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 6:44:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mc556] [#30]
Originally Posted By DodgeDakota:
I'm not stoked about a threaded on barrel for these.  I'd like the ability to swap it myself as I can with all of my 22's.

I'm not stoked about the 90 deg. bolt lift.  They should have done a 60 deg. lift.

I'm not stoked about what I've seen on the internet regarding bullet shaving with the controlled round feeding on these.  Controlled round feeding is great if it's done right.....  But I've seen evidence of bullet shaving on these.  That makes it no better than the CZ's and Tikkas in this regard if the issue continues.

Overall - I won't be buying one.  Sticking with my T1x for now.
View Quote
Well since they are a 700 pattern trainer the bolt lift is proper and it’s a push feed not controlled.
I have no bullet shave issues.  
As far as a threaded barrel I’ll take it over shimming a slip fit or glue in.   Overall it’s a killer rifle for it’s intended purpose.
I haven’t been shooting groups with mine over last last month or so.  At 150 a 4in plate isn’t even a challenge.  I set up some old 12ga hulls on strings and at the same 150 yards I was about  70% on hits in a 4-7 windAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#31]
I’m liking mine. I’ve only put 2 boxes of Center X down the barrel, but it’s been fun thus far. Groups have been in the .3” (.6moa) range at 50yds and right at 1moa at 100yds. 1 shot in each group opened it up from being closer to .6-.7moa at 100.

Best 10shot at 50 so far

It’s respectable at 300yds as well.

Link Posted: 8/31/2020 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#32]
1 MOA at 100 yards for $1,000?

Hard pass.  Either double the accuracy or halve the price.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ThisWildAdventure:

View Quote

Spoken like a person who doesn't own one and has never shot one.

You could spend twice the money for slightly better groups with a Vudoo....but, there is a point of diminishing returns where the additional promise of accuracy isn't worth the extra price.  

I am extremely happy with my B14R.  I've beaten several Vudoo owners in NRL22 matches (it's the Indian, not the bow...and money can't buy a win).  

My B14R shoots 3/4 MOA at 100 yards with Center-X and SK Rifle Match (and a better trigger than the OEM trigger).  My 50 yard 10-shot groups are consistently in the .25"-.35" ballpark, if I do my part.

Wind is a bitch on 22's...

Link Posted: 8/31/2020 10:01:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperJlarge] [#34]

View Quote

It’s the only ammo I’ve tried, so other ammo may perform better. The one magazine may need to be tweaked as well since I noticed the first round deviation from it on several groups. Even with that 1rd in each group, it still went in the .8moa range and was in the .5-.6moa range for four shots consistently.

@Thiswildadventure
I’m new to the rimfire world, so I’m pretty happy with that from the first and only ammo tried. What are you shooting that is getting great results consistently?

Edit: the bullet diameter should have been .223”. I initially calculated at .220, but that 3thou won’t make a significant difference for these calcs.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

No offense but with a rimfire that’s doing pretty good at 100 if at least a min of 5 shots.

It never fails when I sit a friend down at the bench with their “ just as good” Rimfire that ”eats WWB bulk ammo” they can’t shoot for shit.  Seems all that 25-30 yard BS doesn’t translate to 100 or sometimes even 50 yards groups.  
   I had a B14 and currently have a Vudoo V-22.
The B14 is a value for a 700 footprint full weight trainer IMO.
   My V-22 will outshoot my old B14r but if you think $1000 is expensive stay away from the Vudoo.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By quietm4:

You could spend twice the money for slightly better groups with a Vudoo....but, there is a point of diminishing returns where the additional promise of accuracy isn't worth the extra price.  

I am extremely happy with my B14R.  I've beaten several Vudoo owners in NRL22 matches (it's the Indian, not the bow...and money can't buy a win).  

My B14R shoots 3/4 MOA at 100 yards with Center-X and SK Rifle Match (and a better trigger than the OEM trigger).  My 50 yard 10-shot groups are consistently in the .25"-.35" ballpark, if I do my part.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By quietm4:

100 correct.
I am happy I went with the V-22, but shooting against a B14r that has their ammo dialed in is a fair fight no doubt.
  I’d say the best part with the V22 is it’s shoots a wider range of ammo based on my sample of 1 each.
I shot CCI standard velocity at 50 yards today.
10 shot groups were .50-.63 moa.   I can’t wait to try 100-200 just to see if it’s viable training ammo.

I hope so because I have 6000rds of that lot
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SuperJlarge:

It’s the only ammo I’ve tried, so other ammo may perform better. The one magazine may need to be tweaked as well since I noticed the first round deviation from it on several groups. Even with that 1rd in each group, it still went in the .8moa range and was in the .5-.6moa range for four shots consistently.

@Thiswildadventure
I’m new to the rimfire world, so I’m pretty happy with that from the first and only ammo tried. What are you shooting that is getting great results consistently?

https://i.imgur.com/BkeJcQM.jpg

Edit: the bullet diameter should have been .223”. I initially calculated at .220, but that 3thou won’t make a significant difference for these calcs.
View All Quotes

@Thiswildadventure

https://i.imgur.com/BkeJcQM.jpg

I had good luck with some Eley contact 42 grain.  I think I paid $6-7 per box.
 Center X is hard to beat though and is pretty consistent lot to lot  
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 10:26:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperJlarge] [#38]
Tried some Eley club today and it was terrible. SK match was mediocre, with .4” groups at 50yds. The SK standard plus was much better and closer to the Lapua center X.

SK match, top 2 groups
SK std + everything else
50yds

The EBR-2c made going for the tiny “x” ring dots a bit tough at dusk.

SK std +

100yds Sk std+
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#39]
@Thiswildadventure
View Quote

Don't let my pessimism spoil your fun. My $340 Ruger 8334 will shoot .8 MOA at 100 all day.  If I was paying 3X the money, I'd want better results.  That's just me.  Looks like you're shooting small groups and having fun.  That's what matters.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:11:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Don't let my pessimism spoil your fun. My $340 Ruger 8334 will shoot .8 MOA at 100 all day.  If I was paying 3X the money, I'd want better results.  That's just me.  Looks like you're shooting small groups and having fun.  That's what matters.
View Quote

I haven’t seen results posted like that for the Ruger American, but feel free to IM me a pic with 4-5 groups on a single target and the ammo used if you don’t mind. May be a good option for a loaner or rifle for my daughter instead of putting a Kidd barrel on her 10/22.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 3:45:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mc556] [#41]

View All Quotes
@Thiswildadventure

I don’t think it will.
I just tagged a call out on you in the MOA challenge thread.
I hope you will accept.  I don’t mind being proven wrong, but you make a pretty bold claim.  I have no doubt it can make a few sub moa 3 maybe even 5 rd groups but “ all day “ I don’t think it can at a 100yards

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Tried some Eley club today and it was terrible. SK match was mediocre, with .4” groups at 50yds. The SK standard plus was much better and closer to the Lapua center X.

https://i.imgur.com/CQ2CIq2.jpg

SK match, top 2 groups
SK std + everything else
50yds

The EBR-2c made going for the tiny “x” ring dots a bit tough at dusk.
https://i.imgur.com/aI01Unl.jpg

SK std +
https://i.imgur.com/WMdMZaj.jpg

100yds Sk std+
https://i.imgur.com/ZNJWa3U.jpg
View Quote

I think your beating yourself up a bit.
Rimfire rifles are all tack drivers at 25-50 yards but lot to lot consistency on ammo isn’t the same as a center fire.
    I’ve been inviting friends over to get a little PRS match started on weekends.
What I’m finding beyond 50 yards when the calipers come out hearts are broken.   I suffered the same thing once upon a time.  When you go out and start shooting 10 round groups the truth comes out.
 If a .22 rifle can shoot sub moa all day it should be able to do 10,15,20 round groups since heat isn’t a factor.

Put another way
When you’ve shot 4 rounds into basically one ragged hole how are you feeling about that 5th shot?
 Are you nervous because you really want that .10 group ?
Or so you expect the rifle to put it there every time?

Trust me I would be setting Olympic records if I could drop that one “ flyer” every now and again ( not being serious)

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 6:14:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperJlarge] [#43]
Yeah, it’s the nature of rimfire. I’ve shot a few benchrest matches with my dads 40-x’s, so I’ve seen the lot to lot variance. Switching lots can change a 243 to a 250 w/ 18+x’s.

Let me know if you’re inviting GA guys to the matches. I only bought the B14 last week so that I could shoot rimfire PRS matches. The guys I shot centerfire with all went rimfire, so I figured I’d join in. I think the Bergara will do what I need, but I’ve got a Bartlein and a Shilen blank available if it lets me down. They’d likely be going on a Rim-X though.

When you’re used to going in the .4moa range, any flier is enough to piss you off. I tend to not get nervous on a 5th shot. I’ve actually noticed that the bulk of my fliers have been on the first round from the mag.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Yeah, it’s the nature of rimfire. I’ve shot a few benchrest matches with my dads 40-x’s, so I’ve seen the lot to lot variance. Switching lots can change a 243 to a 250 w/ 18+x’s.

Let me know if you’re inviting GA guys to the matches. I only bought the B14 last week so that I could shoot rimfire PRS matches. The guys I shot centerfire with all went rimfire, so I figured I’d join in. I think the Bergara will do what I need, but I’ve got a Bartlein and a Shilen blank available if it lets me down. They’d likely be going on a Rim-X though.

When you’re used to going in the .4moa range, any flier is enough to piss you off. I tend to not get nervous on a 5th shot. I’ve actually noticed that the bulk of my fliers have been on the first round from the mag.
View Quote

Crickets I guess lol
Anyway a good measure of what your rifle is capable of is to look at the Snipers Hide 6x5 challenge list.
It’s rimfire specific which is awesome.    I did that call out based on the numbers from over there.
If that Ruger American shoots that good then he would be in the top 10 shooters at 100yards.   There would be a lot of Vudoo, Rim X, Annie’s 40x  DJ dillo modded CZs etc upset they spent to much.    

Link Posted: 9/4/2020 5:25:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 20andOUT] [#45]

I haven’t seen results posted like that for the Ruger American, but feel free to IM me a pic with 4-5 groups on a single target and the ammo used if you don’t mind. May be a good option for a loaner or rifle for my daughter instead of putting a Kidd barrel on her 10/22.
View All Quotes

RARs are legit MOA rifles and my RAR shoots 1 MOA all day with CCI SV at 50 yards, but 100 starts to push it with 22lr like many are saying in here.

-Mike
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By mjmjr1312:

RARs are legit MOA rifles and my RAR shoots 1 MOA all day with CCI SV at 50 yards, but 100 starts to push it with 22lr like many are saying in here.

-Mike
View All Quotes

-Mike

50 Yards vs 100 in the rimfire world is a big difference.
Also to me “all day”  means 99% of the time it shoots that group.
Plenty of rifles will shoot 3 rd groups,  but they are not nearly as repeatable as “ remembered ” when the calipers are our every single time.  
  Give the 6x5 challenge a try and do it several times in one session.   If your not familiar with the 6x5 it’s as follows.
Six five shot groups on one target no more no less. IE no sighters 30 rounds only.
Do it twice in a row and you will know with out a doubt who wins a bet if your called out.    

I’ve seen some respected rimfire shooters post true averages with very high end rifles.  With that said this website produces some bold claims.

The only reason I even care is it makes new shooters chase unrealistic numbers. That is not cool IMO
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#47]

-Mike
View All Quotes

-Mike

What part of SC are you in
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 9:10:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 20andOUT] [#48]

Plenty of rifles will shoot 3 rd groups,  but they are not nearly as repeatable as “ remembered ” when the calipers are our every single time.  
  Give the 6x5 challenge a try and do it several times in one session.   If your not familiar with the 6x5 it’s as follows.
Six five shot groups on one target no more no less. IE no sighters 30 rounds only.
Do it twice in a row and you will know with out a doubt who wins a bet if your called out.    

I’ve seen some respected rimfire shooters post true averages with very high end rifles.  With that said this website produces some bold claims.

The only reason I even care is it makes new shooters chase unrealistic numbers. That is not cool IMO
View All Quotes

-Mike

@mc556

50 vs 100 is very different as I was careful to point out in my post.  As for the rest, my RAR shot the MOA all day challenge and sits in the 10 spot for magnified rimfire at 50yds.  So 5-5 shot groups instead of 6, but those were the rules so that is what I shot.

I am familiar with guys claiming numbers they get one time for one group and never repeat, but i didn’t claim the 1/2 MOA groups it shoots on occasion.  I claimed what it shoots on average which is sub MOA at 50.  

My RAR also shot my avatar, but it cannot repeat that group consistently so I don’t claim it as the rifle and my ability... it is just a nice individual group, the rifle has done better (not much) and worse with me behind the trigger.

MOA ALL DAY has been the standard on this forum for a pretty long time and I have come to use it as the standard for what I consider an accurate rifle.  My RAR and mk12-ish (.766 MOA) have met that standard and have been posted in that thread, next I am trying to develop loads to get my mini RECCE and Grendel to that standard.

5-5 shot groups sub MOA (.9424) with a $300 Ruger squirrel gun.

-Mike
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 9:11:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 20andOUT] [#49]

View All Quotes

-Mike

Just moved to Lexington this month, haven’t completely set up yet and the Navy is still moving most of my shooting/reloading gear... I am looking forward to my weekly therapy sessions becoming possible again.

-Mike
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#50]

Just moved to Lexington this month, haven’t completely set up yet and the Navy is still moving most of my shooting/reloading gear... I am looking forward to my weekly therapy sessions becoming possible again.

-Mike
View All Quotes

-Mike

-Mike

That’s good shooting with the RAR.  
I saw your were pointing it out in your post about the 50-100 yard groups.   I’m not very good with context when it comes to online posts I was agreeing with you in my twisted way of communication.   The ADHD is strong with me.
    Anyway your about 2 hours from me. Hit me up if your in the upstate.
Generally I shoot at least once a week.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top