Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2017 6:23:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61]
Confession...never owned a bolt action rifle in my life. I'm easing in with a CZ 455 American and a Leupold VX-1 rimfire 2-7x 28mm I'm supposed to pick up from Cabelas end of month.

Edit...see new post at end of thread.

Holy...shite. Just found out it looks like I qualify for the Browning Bucks rebate. I got a T-bolt Sporter for $350!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:

You are way overthinking it. Give it a good once over when picking it up, take it home and wipe it down and pop out of stock to check fit and wipe oil off, run a few patches or a bore snake through the bore a few times and go shoot. The bolt might be a little rough but it's a factory rifle so to be expected. As long as it functions just shoot it in.
View Quote
Okay, I can accept that. I don't understand the "...pop out of stock..." comment. From the reading I've been doing, barrels are bedded, and I assumed that meant they fixed into the stock...somehow. Are the action and barrel meant to drop free of the stock with a couple of fasteners, and re-attachable without disrupting the factory-set alignment?

Mostly a shotgun guy with one AR. This is new to me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I have two CZ 455's and they were fine out of the box.  Take it home and shoot it, and if you have any issues contact CZ as they have great customer service.  

Mine like SK Standard/Wolf Match.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Do these rifles have pillars imbedded in the stocks?  If so, separating the action from the stock should not be a problem, just re-torque the screws to the proper and consistent value when reassembling.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#6]
So...I did a serious course correction.

Cabelas put a limited stock of Browning T-bolt 22lr Sporters on sale for $440.00...$200.00 off their list and $41.00 over the CZ. Couldn't say no. I have a Citori 525 Field, a BPS and a Buckmark...Brownings are like money in the bank to me.

Cancelled my back-ordered CZ, and the T-bolt is in route. Picked up an internet price-matched Leupold VX-1 3-9x40 for it, and just ordered a medium DNZ Game Reaper one piece mount to hold it all together. All in I have less than $650.00 in what I hope will be a squirrel hammer and family pass-down.

Pics when I get it all together
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I was having the same debate but I bought the wrong straight pull.

Got a Steyr RFR and the damn barrel was loose right out of the box. Evidently the barrel was cut undersize or the front trunnion over, didn't even take it to the range. Right back it goes.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jmarkma:
I was having the same debate but I bought the wrong straight pull.

Got a Steyr RFR and the damn barrel was loose right out of the box. Evidently the barrel was cut undersize or the front trunnion over, didn't even take it to the range. Right back it goes.
View Quote
Don't feel bad...Cabelas really let me down. After assuring me I had a rifle, I opened the "track shipping" portion of their website four days later to find ORDER CANCELLED.

Spent three hours trying to get it straight, to no avail. They're not going to carry the T-bolt anymore, and the best answer I got was poor sales.

I'm back to the CZ 455 American...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top