Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2017 11:14:19 AM EDT
I acquired a 10/22 that is about 25 yo. How would the QC compare with the newer 10/22's of the last few years?
I have shot it and other than a heavy trigger pull it's pretty accurate as it came from the factory. I know it's history and wasn't shot a lot, so the barrel is in great shape.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Also, I have a Marlin M60 with a scope and I'm thinking of installing Tech sights on the 10/22, maybe later mount a scope on it. Any thought on that?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#2]
The metal trigger housing seems to be where the good quality was....   I dunno when they changed to plastic (mid 90s? early 2000?) but thats when QC seemed to take a dump.    I have an mid 80's 10/22 that looks like a barrel of ass, but is a fantastic & reliable shooter.     
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses! I looked online and determined that mine is about late '82 to '83. The trigger guard is metal (aluminum?).
I've decided to install the Tech sights, I have fun shooting peep/iron at times.
And just because......

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 7:59:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Why is this thread in the Precision Rifle Forum instead of the 10-22 Forum?  

Link to 10-22 Forum
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:
Why is this thread in the Precision Rifle Forum instead of the 10-22 Forum?  

Link to 10-22 Forum
View Quote
Sorry to trample your turf, didn't know about the 10/22 forum.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:57:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#6]
Nah!, it's not a turf issue.  I have never really understood this particular forum.  It seems destined to duplicate the content of similar forums on AR15.com.

For example, where do you draw the line between accurate rimfires, 10-22s and accurate 10-22s?  

It's easier to understand why rimfire rifles are different than centerfires (distance involved) but precision shooting is well,... precision shooting (not just sending lead down range) no matter the cartridge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top