Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2017 12:22:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M0244]
I bet these threads get old but i'm also a bit unique, I do not like mildots, TMRs or most BDCs; I like a normal fine crosshair no duplex.

The problem i'm finding is the only scopes with a "target crosshair" are fixed power competition scopes with extremely high magnification.

I have a CZ 455 varmint precision trainer on the way and plan on using it for small game like rabbit and squirrel from 20' to 100 yards. For up close squirrel I need a low magnification to maintain FOV on movment tree targets so most precision scopes are out. My scope for while I wait is a leupold rifleman 3-9 x40, even though I dislike the duplex.

I could use recommendations to get somewhere between 1x and 10x, with a fine but not invisible target crosshair, with high light transmission since i'm shooting morning/evening and under tree cover.

Also at least target turret on elevation so I can dope my ammo and dial in average shooting distances for the enviornment i'm hunting
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Mid price range Vortex's come to mind
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Look at HAWKE scopes widely used in high end airguns.....great on 22 rifles. great glass for the price and excellent warranty. I have run them on everything from my 22 cal airguns to my 338 Lapua work great.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Weaver V16 would probably be a good choice with fine crosshair reticle.  I think it is a 4-16x44 with an adjustable objective and the crosshair doesn't have the thick part of the crosshair you dislike, just a nice simple fine crosshair.  There probably are more expensive scope that would suit that awesome rifle better but none that I can think of right now.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:16:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rockyriver] [#5]
I like the leupold VX-3 6.5-20X40 EFR as the ultimate scope for rimfires, they are pricey at about $700 or more.
Then for about $268 you can get the Vortex Crossfire II 6 - 18 x 44 AO With the illuminated reticle.
Those are my picks.

The leupold

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=940521

The Vortex.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought two Athlon Talos scopes: a 4-16x and 6-24x off of Amazon and they work great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top