Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2017 1:02:59 PM EDT
I have my FVSR sitting in a Boyd's varmint stock and I've heard I must pillar bed the stock.

Anyone have a good step my step guide for this or an easy to follow video?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:35:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MunnyShot] [#1]
When I did my CZ 452 Varmint I went to Home Depot bought a male 5/8 to 3/8 (your mounting screw needs to fit into) brass barb, JB weld (regular not fast dry), silicone spray lubricant and a 5/8 bore drill bit. Start by cutting off the threads off of  the brass  barb fitting and sand it evenly and flat. Drill a hole the width of the barbs outside diameter so the barb fits into the mounting hole. Bpre a hole into your stock using the 5/8 bore bit and counter sink the modified brass fitting until its flush with mounting ledge. Cut the excess portion of the barb so that its flush with the bottom of your stock. Next dremel out @ 1/64-1/32 around your stock around your receiver and about 2 inches forward of your breach. Mix the JB weld and spread a coat around the grounded out portions of your stock and where you will mount your brass pillar. Insert your pillar into your stock and coat the flat portion of your pillar with a qtip soaked with silicone. Spray your barrel and receiver with silicone spray and mount your barreled action into your stock. Wipe all the excess JB weld that squeezes out with paper towels sprayed with silicone. Wait 48 hours before seperating your stock and barreled action. You may have to use a wooden dowl amd hammer to seperate the two just dont pry on your barrel. Pm me if you need pics of the finished product. After the mod my CZ is a 1 ragged hole shooter using Federal Auto Match bulk pack from Walmart.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top