Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2016 10:17:10 AM EDT
I want a semi auto precision 22, torn between the 10/22 and potentially a dedicated 22 AR upper.

Are there any dedicated 22 LR uppers out there that are as accurate as a 10/22 with upgraded (Kidd, etc.) barrel?!

A friend of mine has a 10/22 with a Kidd barrel and I was blown away by the accuracy... shot better than my MKII.

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a CORE dedicated 22 upper that is really accurate, more so than a 10/22 in my opinion and based on a range trip last week with a few friends theirs too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I am very happy with my CLE upper.  Much more accurate than any 10-22 I own.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Nordic Components are manufacturing a pair of uppers with match quality barrels. I have a pair of older gen 2 dedicated DPMS uppers which are based on the Nordic upper, and they are excellent.  50 yard groups run around 1/2" or better with high quality match ammo.  accuracy suffers with value pack or economy ammo, but reliability with match or cheap ammo is excellent.  
https://nordiccomp.com/categories/nc-22rb-upper/
they offer a 16" version and a very sweet looking 9.25" barreled SBR.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#4]
JP Rifles, uppers and complete rifles.  But if you intend to primarily shoot 10-25 yards I would stick with a conventional rifle and not an AR.  AR sights start out 2.6" versus 1 or 1.5 inches above bore.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:37:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Starzec] [#5]
I've had 3 different .22 uppers and I sold them all. I love shooting normal .22 rifles, whether semi or bolt. I never could warm up to the .22 uppers but I don't really know why. I still regret selling a 10/22 bench rifle years ago. I barely remember the uppers.

I was stupid to ever sell this:

Attachment Attached File

50 yds with Lapua Midas L, it performed like this consistently:

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top