BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Progun1911:
I took the rifle to the range yesterday and was having problems sighting it in and getting comfortable.
I'm not used to shooting off bags or the bi pod so it was messing me up....practice, practice, practice is what I need. LOL

I got the rifle sighted in at 50 yards and quit till next weekend waiting for the arrival of my Wiebad Tac Pac I just ordered from Brownells. :)
From the specs of the bag it seems like the size I need to shoot with the bi pod. I have the cheap Caldwell front and rear bag set that got me to sight in at the 50, but it was not optimal.

This was my last group at 50 yards till next weekend when I'll move to the 100.Hopefully I will be set up better.The gun shoots great, and I lowered the trigger weight down to 1.5 pounds so the trigger is nice and light ,but not to light for me.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/229367/IMG_20200224_104211_jpg-1289528.JPG
View Quote
Takes a bit of trial and error on how much to load the bipod and such...experiment until you figure out what works for you...
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Trial and error and dry firing is the plan.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:34:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#3]
Here is my 100Y .308 Rem LTR 20" group. Varget hand loads.  Not even a 5R barrel.

Link Posted: 2/24/2020 11:00:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Progun1911] [#4]
Nice, I have some Varget sitting around . I'll try it in the 6.5 ,when I get set to reload.

Edit - for a semi finished picture. Trying to decide on a muzzle brake or not.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top