BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Masked:

If you go through the website, I could track it better, actually.

Website is: Www.Smith-Tactical.com

I just officially priced out doing 5.56/300blk and 308 with Lehighs.

For 5.56 - I'd be at $1/rd.
For 300BLK subs - I'd be at $1.75/rd.
For 300BLK Super - I'd be at $1.75/rd.
For 308 - I'd be at $2.50/rd.

Excise tax scales as does my liability as we get into larger quantities, thus why it's a little higher than I had anticipated.

Discounts are available.

All ammunition I manufacture is done on Custom Presses and I maintain a very strict tolerance of 0.01 at all times.

We're essentially offering a "custom boutique service" in that if you want to customize your powder amount, we're more than willing and capable of accommodating.
View Quote
Email sent through website.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:

It was loaded too hot for hot climates.
View Quote
Bingo.

They’ve dropped it by @ 4.0gr total since 2003. The change has forced nswdg to adopt other rounds like the mk316.

I’m offering the stock load at stock velocities - Returning it, back to what it once was.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Got a few messages and what-not so, figured I'd clear up a few things.

We're essentially a custom ammunition manufacturer - an "Ammo boutique".

Say you want M118LR - You order X quantity, I ask you 5/6 basic questions - Done deal - We make you a profile and manufacture your ammo.

Now, say that round shot okay, but you want to tweak it. Okay.

You call me, we talk it over the phone, I modify your load; we manufacture that round to your NEW specifications and ship it to you.

Cool story bro.

All orders are over the phone. All payments are over the phone.

We take CC, checks, bank transfers...You name it.

I use Quickbooks and custom invoicing software to ensure privacy. All customer profiles are kept on an off-line database and payment methods are not stored.

Unfortunately, my margins are so tight that I cannot comp shipping. I've instead given 5% and 10% discounts by quantity. - We're making Mk262 mod1 at 85c/per - There's just no room.

We are packing ammunition the way teams used to, loose, in mylar bags, nitrogen packed with labels.

Defense ammunition is something we discussed yesterday. We've partnered with a bullet manufacturer and things are looking great.

We're also offering a frangible line in 5.56/308 possibly 300blk - It's a little tricky.

The lots I've received from Hornady lately, are destroying the SMK's...No real explanation why, but the groupings are significantly better.

Any other questions, please let me know.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 10:33:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: badkarmaiii] [#4]
Shot Mk316 vs M118LR recently and the Mk 316 was far superior for accuracy and designed for gas guns.
You considering that load as well?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 7:23:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By badkarmaiii:
Shot Mk316 vs M118LR recently and the Mk 316 was far superior for accuracy and designed for gas guns.
You considering that load as well?
View Quote
Yes and no.

The MK316 was designed to replace the M118LR because it's become that anemic over the last few years. From 2007 until now it's dropped over 6gr, thus losing @500FPS over the years.

The MK316 is actually not designed for gas guns, it was designed for general combat. It exists because NSWDG and DEVGRU needed a replacement for M118LR. M118LR didn't have the umph in the desert heat anymore so, they switched up.

The only difference in the two rounds is powder.

M118LR is using RL15 - MK316 is using IMR4064.

We're effectively manufacturing an M118LR CLONE that operates without temperature sensitivity.

I mean you can call it a "clone" I guess, but at this point it's really not. It's a military based 308 round using whatever bullet the customer desires.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 6:50:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Finally got my COO and production is rolling over the next few weeks.

Website is:

Www.Smith-Tactical.com

I'm now offering "reloads" which is the standard round on repurposed brass and "new" ammunition which, is of course on new brass.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I was asked to update this basically.

Website is: www.Smith-Tactical.com

As a way to boost sales and fund a few more machines we released a Precision AR15, a "glock" variation 17/19/21/34/43 etc...And a NY/CT legal Other weapon.

It worked a little too well and we've been slammed, hard.

Due to how FAET is structured, I'm waiting until Jan 1, 2020 to start manufacturing/testing civilian ammunition.

We're a direct to consumer business, we're manufacturing boutique/custom ammunition at extremely reasonable prices.

We're also taking on custom defense ammunition, frangible ammunition and some wildcats...

I've already put about 3500 of our rounds down range, I'm insanely confident about where they are, but reviews are always welcome and we'll be sourcing some more testers as January 1 draws nearer.

We also got our SOT and we're manufacturing SBR's...Some other fun stuff is coming soon.

Thank you very much to everyone that showed interest.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Looking forward to your mk262.  Ever consider developing a 77 grain 5.56 load, or a 70 grain tsx?  I can't get the black hills version of these 2 to shoot decent in 2 of my rifles for some reason
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Glock63:
Looking forward to your mk262.  Ever consider developing a 77 grain 5.56 load, or a 70 grain tsx?  I can't get the black hills version of these 2 to shoot decent in 2 of my rifles for some reason
View Quote
Mk262 is the 77gr SMK - Due to Sierra performing badly for me and some recent drama with them, I’m swapping to the 75gr HPBTs.

On customer request, I can obviously still source the SMK’s, but the Hornady’s have just been doing so much better, I’d rather push a factory product that we can stand behind 10/10.

A 70gr tsx is possible. Anything is possible!
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Masked:

Mk262 is the 77gr SMK - Due to Sierra performing badly for me and some recent drama with them, I’m swapping to the 75gr HPBTs.

On customer request, I can obviously still source the SMK’s, but the Hornady’s have just been doing so much better, I’d rather push a factory product that we can stand behind 10/10.

A 70gr tsx is possible. Anything is possible!
View Quote
Understood. I'll be ordering some of your 75's.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 2:57:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ziarifleman] [#11]
Interesting. I had a rather large number of folded noses in my most recent boxes of SMKs. Sierra didn’t seem to care.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m not going to shit talk another manufacturer, but when a component manufacturer allows someone to push exclusivity on multiple bullet calibers...Yeah, good riddance, I’ll go elsewhere.

We’re our own worst enemies.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top