Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2017 5:24:13 PM EDT
Ok, needing a recommendation for a budget bolt gun that will hover around 1MOA. Used primarily for hunting and targets inside 600 yards. Farthest regular use will be 300-400 yards. I will be mounting a Silencerco Omega on it.

I'm leaning heavily towards the Ruger American Predator. I've heard great things about them, Magpul makes a stock for it. My only concern was that I read once place that they were getting major spread with it suppressed,  claiming the barrel was just too light for a suppressor.  

Close second would be the Remington AAC,  probably in 16". But open to other suggestioms. MVP? Savage?

As always, any input greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go Ruger Predator.  Magpul is coming out with their stock for it so you'll be able to upgrade to AICS system
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Tikka ctr
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By robpiat:
Tikka ctr
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The TC Compass sells for $400 and shoots 1 MOA with good ammo.  I'd buy one before I would a current production Remington.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 4:48:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Moondog:
The TC Compass sells for $400 and shoots 1 MOA with good ammo.  I'd buy one before I would a current production Remington.
View Quote
I did my own thread on my personally-owned Compass rifle in 300 Win Mag; it cost me $198 after the rebate.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/A-sub-MOA-rifle-for-less-than-the-price-of-a-HiPoint-40-UPDATE-sub-MOA-achieved-pics-on-p-3/5-2047837/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/A-sub-MOA-rifle-for-less-than-the-price-of-a-HiPoint-40-UPDATE-sub-MOA-achieved-pics-on-p-3/5-2047837/

And it passed the MOA guarantee!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top