Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2017 6:46:39 PM EDT
I've been dabbing around the idea of getting a silencer.  Out of the several gun platforms I have, I was thinking about getting one for my 30.06 precision rifle.  There are not many options available for the 30.06.

If the barrel was threaded correctly, could it realistically use a .308 suppressor?  If not, are there any other recommendations or companies that make one for the 30.06?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  

Most .30 cal suppressors will work on .30 Carbine up to .300 Win Mag.  Look at the specific model's spec sheet to see caliber rating.

FWIW, I love my Silencerco Omega.  It's a .30 cal, light, short, and full-auto rated.  I've used it on 5.56 and 6.5 guns.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, absolutely. The bullets are the exact same diameter
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#3]
A suppressor manufacturer will give you a range of acceptable and preferred bullet diameters for any given can.

Yes, there is a range.  One can may be usable on several guns depending on their calibers.

In general, you can always shoot a smaller caliber but with some loss of suppressor efficiency.

But never exceed the maximum recommended bullet diameter for any given suppressor.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#4]
SilencerCo said I could with my 7.62 Saker.  I have the break on my Tilka T3 but haven't shot it yet.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By estwing223:
Yes, absolutely. The bullets are the exact same diameter
View Quote
It's generally dependent not only on caliber but also on gas volume and pressure at the muzzle. 308 and .30-06 are very similar in that regard - usually, as some have stated, the distinction is between normal and magnum cartridges in a given caliber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top