Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2017 1:47:05 PM EDT
So I was kicking around on brownell's, and I see they have a large variety of barreled howa 1500 actions available. 

20" .308 w/TB & #6 contour
24" .308 w/TB & #6 contour
24" 6.5CM w/TB & #6 contour
26" 6.5CM w/ TB & #6 contour
etc. etc. 

Example

Has anyone had any experience with these barreled actions or any idea what kind of accuracy you could wring out of them?   
I'm thinking if they're halfway decent there may be some new projects coming my way sooner than later. 
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several Vanguard's that shoot great!
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Do these already have the capability of removable mags? Or are they an internal type deal? What else would I need to buy with one of these to throw it in a chassis and have a detachable mag?
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BruceLeroy:
Do these already have the capability of removable mags? Or are they an internal type deal? What else would I need to buy with one of these to throw it in a chassis and have a detachable mag?
View Quote
The description says it has a non-detach 4rnd mag and comes with the bottom metal. If you’re throwing it in a chassis just remove both and screw it in.

Not sure if the bottom metal accepts detachable mags.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RangerJoe11:

The description says it has a non-detach 4rnd mag and comes with the bottom metal. If you’re throwing it in a chassis just remove both and screw it in.

Not sure if the bottom metal accepts detachable mags.
View Quote
I dont think it does. Nothing standard anyway. Howas mags for their replacement kit will only fit their bottom metal. Which is kind of lame. 
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top