Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2017 9:44:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vespid_Wasp]
Am I going to introduce a problematic variable?  

From my limited research it seems like direct thread silencers are the popular choice if you aren't using a muzzle brake.

Examining different options for muzzle devices for a PRS Gas Gun Tac-Light division build.  I will go with a standard muzzle brake if I am going to cause myself headaches.

I own an AAC quick attach silencer but I am ok with not putting a compatible muzzle device on this build if it is going to defeat the primary purpose.  I'm leaning towards a 22 or 24 inch barrel so it is already going to be a musket, so it may be wildly impractical simply due to how front heavy it would make an already front heavy rifle.

I don't want to give up on what already limited legs I have using 223, as I want to drive either the 73 or 75gr ELD as fast as I can within an accuracy node.  So a barrel longer than 20 inches seems to be in the cards.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:59:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rex_Allen] [#1]
Honestly it really depends on how your rifle and mount and suppressor work together. The aac 51t cans aren't a precision suppressor but when properly mounted they shouldn't cause any degradation in accuracy. Try it and if it doesn't work to your liking take it off.

ETA: my precision rifle suppressor is a TBAC Ultra 7. And I also have a aac mini 4 and sdn6
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 762-SD (51t) and it's worked great for me. Never noticed degradation in accuracy. Best way to tell is just try it. No need to go Rocksetting muzzle devices to the barrel just yet.

Let us know your results.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
I have a 762-SD (51t) and it's worked great for me. Never noticed degradation in accuracy. Best way to tell is just try it. No need to go Rocksetting muzzle devices to the barrel just yet.

Let us know your results.
View Quote
Same results that I have on my 762SD.

I also have a SPR/M4 can that uses the MITER mount and this is a sub MOA beats of a rifle/can combo, frequently making dime sized groups.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top